Login

russian armor

Overwatch Flares, rework or remove

2 May 2019, 21:59 PM

Though i do agree free abilities like this and radio intercept might need some modification, but rn its really a minor issue and not broken like the op is making it seem like

I don't think it's wildly gamebreaking, that's not what i meant to suggest. It just blows my mind that something like it exists. Its so hands free, and it's also literally free. Compared to other abilities that got nerfed its very surprising
3 May 2019, 10:33 AM

I don't think it's wildly gamebreaking, that's not what i meant to suggest. It just blows my mind that something like it exists. Its so hands free, and it's also literally free. Compared to other abilities that got nerfed its very surprising

ther are many things free in this game and this ability usefulness is situational. Most of the time it will just see 1 squad trying to cap but if your trying to mass a larger group for lets say a flank its best to try and play around the points to avoid detection. Btw ur poll needs 1 more choice to keep the ability as is
3 May 2019, 11:28 AM

ther are many things free in this game and this ability usefulness is situational. Most of the time it will just see 1 squad trying to cap but if your trying to mass a larger group for lets say a flank its best to try and play around the points to avoid detection. Btw ur poll needs 1 more choice to keep the ability as is

Seeing what squad is capping is huge. It let's you know how to respond. If it's a combat engine or a super zook Para squad are wildly different responses. Being able to know that with a whopping 0 effort at all is even bigger
3 May 2019, 11:43 AM

Seeing what squad is capping is huge. It let's you know how to respond. If it's a combat engine or a super zook Para squad are wildly different responses. Being able to know that with a whopping 0 effort at all is even bigger

Not to mention, the opponent can't plant any mines on the capping points, which is especially useful as OKW.
3 May 2019, 12:42 PM

this ability usefulness is situational. Most of the time it will just see 1 squad trying to cap but if your trying to mass a larger group for lets say a flank its best to try and play around the points to avoid detection.

A bunch here thats just not true. First of all the vision radius is much larger than the point itself, I loaded up a custom game real quick to show
Look at center VP:

Second recon is not situational. It's always beneficial, there's zero situations where its not. Even if only reveals a rear echelon squad, then you know you don't have to send much over there. Unlike every other time someone starts capping territory, where if they're a half-decent player they'll avoid the center so you wont know.
3 May 2019, 13:20 PM

A bunch here thats just not true. First of all the vision radius is much larger than the point itself, I loaded up a custom game real quick to show
Look at center VP:

Second recon is not situational. It's always beneficial, there's zero situations where its not. Even if only reveals a rear echelon squad, then you know you don't have to send much over there. Unlike every other time someone starts capping territory, where if they're a half-decent player they'll avoid the center so you wont know.

isnt that the whole point of the ability? to show whats capping so you can react more effectively against it? though i would for sure decrease the sight radius of the flare
3 May 2019, 13:32 PM

isnt that the whole point of the ability? to show whats capping so you can react more effectively against it?

Of course it is, that doesn't mean it should be free/that it should automatically arm itself for the rest of the game.
3 May 2019, 14:01 PM

Of course it is, that doesn't mean it should be free/that it should automatically arm itself for the rest of the game.

Yes, it should be free as long as you cant justify why not.
Its a commander ability, not a 'free' OKM buff. Radio intercept is as free as this one. USF radio network is also as free (but needs more CP) and buffs inf and vehicles. Even UKF better cover bonus is 'free'.

BTW the word you seek is passive since its a constant effect without any cost.
3 May 2019, 14:07 PM

Its a commander ability, not a 'free' OKM buff.

You mean 1/3 of a Commander ability. It's bundled with 2 other things.

I have explained this to you multiple times, it's my opinion that it's more valuable than the passives you're referencing. You yourself accepted an idea that nerfed it, so stop disagreeing with me just for the sake of it.

What usf radio net are you talking about? The vet 1 bonus that applies to tanks? Or combined arms (which isn't free at all). Either way those abilities require some actual input. I offered an option that kept it free, but just added an user input. You have no real argument, you're just putting up resistance because you dont like me

3 May 2019, 17:05 PM

...it's my opinion that it's more valuable than the passives you're referencing...

It all sums up to that sentence. Your opinion. But dont worry no need to elaborate, just some "because i want it that way" justification.

At least im thinking on the game rather personal tastes. As I repeated myself over and over again, flares could use a range reduction 'nerf' or unbundle it from goliath but the rest is pretty consistent. The commander was the least picked and turned into meta.
...you're just putting up resistance because you dont like me...

No offense, but im straight.
:new:
3 May 2019, 17:46 PM

At least im thinking on the game rather personal tastes.

But you're not though. You literally just made up an ability to make your point. Radio net is a vet 1 situational passive (that doesn't effect infantry like you incorrectly suggested) OR you were talking about combined arms which has a munitions cost (it's not free like you also incorrectly suggested)

I made a poll because i think the ability needs nerfing and I'm open to suggestions. You have agreed to that, while saying I'm wrong at the same time. Pick one, stop making stuff up, and stop trolling

As I repeated myself over and over again, flares could use a range reduction 'nerf'

You haven't said that at all. You've said they weren't OP, you've said it was a l2p issue, and you've also agreed to an idea that removed the on-map vision entirely, and restricted it to the minimap. This is like the 5th time you've changed your mind...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★