Login

russian armor

State of 1v1 maps

31 Mar 2019, 22:36 PM

Which 1v1 maps are garbage and should disappear or be redesigned in your opinion ?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17717170
1 Apr 2019, 00:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Moved to CoH2 Subforum.
1 Apr 2019, 05:30 AM

Would be nice to see some SiphonX or Relic stats on map plays. To compare with the poll results.
1 Apr 2019, 08:10 AM

I would love to see win % for spawn positions. It is still crazy that getting a "good side" of a map can increases chances of victory.

Maps that need to be removed:

Karkov.

Maps that need work on certain areas:

North langres - The houses area needs reworking
West faymonvile - spawn position / base sector position to fuel
North lost glider
Arnhem checkpoint - northern spawn

Maps that need major overhaul -

Kholodny Ferma - This map was decent when all other maps weren't, but now it is needs work.

1 Apr 2019, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2019, 08:10 AMwuff
I would love to see win % for spawn positions. It is still crazy that getting a "good side" of a map can increases chances of victory.

Maps that need to be removed:

Karkov.

Maps that need work on certain areas:

North langres - The houses area needs reworking
West faymonvile - spawn position / base sector position to fuel
North lost glider
Arnhem checkpoint - northern spawn

Maps that need major overhaul -

Kholodny Ferma - This map was decent when all other maps weren't, but now it is needs work.

Exactly. I agree with most (maybe except for Ferma, I dont have that much of a problem with that map.)

As for Langres, it isnt just the houses, but the ridiculously unfair cut offs, northern one bein a gift for the southern player, who has his own under natural protection
I think just movin it slighty back would help a lot

Arnhem would get plenty of help with just moving the northern spawn closer, so the distance from mid is equal on both sides.
There is also a huge disproportion with the church, whose counter part house doesnt cover the cut off point

Unbalanced glider also needs a north spawn moved forward
Pretty sure there are other disproportions too, but this is the most glaring thing ever

1 Apr 2019, 21:41 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Would be nice to see some SiphonX or Relic stats on map plays. To compare with the poll results.

From 15th of December to 18th of March the order of maps (1v1 automatch, from most played to least played) was:

• Crossroads
  • Langreskaya
  • Faymonville Approach
  • Kholodny Ferma
  • Crossing in the Woods
  • Lost Glider
  • Road to Kharkov
  • Arnhem Checkpoint
  • Vilshanka
  • Angoville
  • Westwall
  • Caen
1 Apr 2019, 21:49 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Syphon,

Can you give the stats about other game modes (2v2, 3v3 and 4v4) ?

Thanks.
2 Apr 2019, 01:04 AM

From 15th of December to 18th of March the order of maps
  • Crossroads
  • Langreskaya
  • Faymonville Approach
  • Kholodny Ferma
  • Crossing in the Woods
  • Lost Glider
  • Road to Kharkov
  • Arnhem Checkpoint
  • Vilshanka
  • Angoville
  • Westwall
  • Caen

As of 4/1/2019 the poll is:
:

Thanks SiphonX always appreciated!

From my casual automatch spectating I would say Westwall gets fewer plays than Caen. And Vilshanka is low because of a patch induced bug so that is immune. But from past numbers even the lowest played maps still get played a lot (there are no play count numbers here).

Since I am begging everyone to fix Angoville I watch the automatch pool from time to time. Some days I dont see a lot of Angoville, Some days it is played a lot. Most play is medium to lower ranked players. With the occasional high level player. So I was curious how well the poll matched actual play numbers. Since mostly higher level players would poll from here. So I assumed Angoville would poll much worse. It is always good to think about the COH2 community as a whole.

It is also interesting how the server decides everyone is playing a certain map now. You always see a grouping of 3 to 5 of the same map in the top page. Even though they are not sorted by start time. So it is just randomly lined up.
3 Apr 2019, 22:15 PM

Permanently Banned
I've said days after the map change patch hit, they completely fucked up Angoville with the hedgerows. It's next to impossible to use support weapons with all the random shot blockers everywhere. And you can't even use the shotblockers to hide CQC units because the hedgerows aren't long enough and there's no yellow cover around the hedgrows to allow the CQC troops to clump up behind the hedgerows meaning one man will always stick his head out while attempting to hide.

I'm not optimistic at all about changes to the game because IT SEEMS EVERY TIME A PATCH IS INTRODUCED, IT MAY HAVE FIXED X NUMBER OF PROBLEMS, BUT IT ALSO CREATES ANOTHER X NUMBER OF NEW PROBLEMS. I DON'T THINK BALANCE IS GETTING BETTER OVERALL.
9 Apr 2019, 15:01 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2019, 21:49 PMnigo
Syphon,

Can you give the stats about other game modes (2v2, 3v3 and 4v4) ?

Thanks.

Currently preparing a newspost on various automatch stats; I still have to put together a lot of figures and text, but I think the data you ask for is there in the post in the editing room...
A_E
9 Apr 2019, 15:25 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Death to Rosboneville, Westwall, and Caen.

Redisgns for Kharkov (make the cutoffs less easy to take and hold) and and Vilshanka (the central area less cluttered and harsh)

I retract my previous support of Caen, I was under the impression that the iteration that was in waiting would make the cutoffs better. It is aesthetically great but fundamentally flawed.
9 Apr 2019, 16:23 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Which 1v1 maps are garbage and should disappear or be redesigned in your opinion ?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17717170

It will be self evident which 1v1 maps are "garbage" once SiphonX's data is released.

Redesigning can be a tricky endeavor. If a maps fundamentals are reasonable then it is generally worth it to change a map or overhaul it. If the fundamentals are weak and the data shows they are "garbage" they should be dropped from the 1v1 ladder. A mappers experience and insights will be valuable here.

Whoever decides which maps are dropped from ladder, if any, will need to determine what their metrics are for that action. I do think there is room for maps to be removed from the 1v1 ladder and replaced with higher quality maps.
9 Apr 2019, 21:39 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2019, 15:25 PMA_E

I retract my previous support of Caen, I was under the impression that the iteration that was in waiting would make the cutoffs better. It is aesthetically great but fundamentally flawed.

B-) tztztz, i remember that you dissed me about removing it last year :P

But well J4J was happy to get this favoured map back. But now its time to make J4J unhappy again ;)
A_E
9 Apr 2019, 21:47 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

B-) tztztz, i remember that you dissed me about removing it last year :P

But well J4J was happy to get this favoured map back. But now its time to make J4J unhappy again ;)

Well I do like to have at least one urban map in the mappool and I did think Caen needed another chance. But unfortunately mono's iterations didn't fix cuttoffs enough, and I'm no longer confident in it.

That said you do deserve a friendly dissing for allowing Rosbone to defile Angoville, like you said all that stuff about not changing the "heart or soul" of a map, then take a big Barton all over it?!?!?
9 Apr 2019, 21:55 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2019, 21:47 PMA_E

Well I do like to have at least one urban map in the mappool and I did think Caen needed another chance. But unfortunately mono's iterations didn't fix cuttoffs enough, and I'm no longer confident in it.

That said you do deserve a friendly dissing for allowing Rosbone to defile Angoville, like you said all that stuff about not changing the "heart or soul" of a map, then take a big Barton all over it?!?!?

HEHE,

but but i love my angovill^^
:D
A_E
9 Apr 2019, 21:59 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

HEHE,

but but i love my angovill^^
:D

At least someone does.
9 Apr 2019, 22:56 PM