Login

russian armor

Thoughts on conscripts ? i think they need something.

4 Apr 2019, 00:42 AM

Have we ever gotten any feedback from the devs regarding cons performance?
4 Apr 2019, 06:53 AM

Have we ever gotten any feedback from the devs regarding cons performance?

Post #50 in this thread is the very last thing about their intended performance.
After that, volks got buffed to win vs cons at all ranges and 2 vet increase attempts were made to make cons usable in late game, both obviously failed.
4 Apr 2019, 07:42 AM

Just make cons cheaper.

Other infantry is twice as good for 30% extra cost, with better side-tech and supporting weapons.

cons dont scale for shit, if they are going to refuse buffing them after all these years, just make them cheaper so we can spam the fuck out of em.

I don't know about other people, but I have pretty much stopped even building cons quite a while ago outside of a token snare unit.

The SVT drop in the new commander is a such a marginal upgrade for cons, I wouldn't ever recommend using it, and it's a straight downgrade to everything else, so whats the point. Complete waste of muni.
4 Apr 2019, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 07:42 AMpoop
Just make cons cheaper.

Other infantry is twice as good for 30% extra cost, with better side-tech and supporting weapons.

cons dont scale for shit, if they are going to refuse buffing them after all these years, just make them cheaper so we can spam the fuck out of em.

I don't know about other people, but I have pretty much stopped even building cons quite a while ago outside of a token snare unit.

The SVT drop in the new commander is a such a marginal upgrade for cons, I wouldn't ever recommend using it, and it's a straight downgrade to everything else, so whats the point. Complete waste of muni.

A down grade compared to what?
PLS provide stats for supporting that claim.
4 Apr 2019, 09:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 08:54 AMVipper

A down grade compared to what?
PLS provide stats for supporting that claim.

Compared to literally any other weapon in game that isn't usually underpowered engineer weapon(and non soviet engineers have direct access to MUCH better upgrades stock), conscript nagat, osttrupen kar or volk kar.

You can find relevant stats and make comparisons yourself here:
https://coh2db.com/stats/
4 Apr 2019, 10:02 AM

Compared to literally any other weapon in game that isn't usually underpowered engineer weapon(and non soviet engineers have direct access to MUCH better upgrades stock), conscript nagat, osttrupen kar or volk kar.

You can find relevant stats and make comparisons yourself here:
https://coh2db.com/stats/

Thank you for providing a list (although incomplete) of 5 weapons that prove the claim of "straight downgrade to everything else" to be false.
4 Apr 2019, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 10:02 AMVipper

Thank you for providing a list (although incomplete) of 5 weapons that prove the claim of "straight downgrade to everything else" to be false.

Name ONE -RELEVANT- to the current meta infantry which I did not listed, for which SVT is an upgrade over what they have as stock or can get as stock upgrade.
4 Apr 2019, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 10:02 AMVipper

I'm not sure what purpose this pedantry serves. It's clear what he means.
4 Apr 2019, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 10:05 AMLago

I'm not sure what purpose this pedantry serves. It's clear what he means.

I am not sure what purpose your post serves. It's clear his claim in false.

Making hyperbolic claims does not help a debate.
4 Apr 2019, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 10:09 AMVipper

I am not sure what purpose your post serves. It's clear his claim in false.

Making hyperbolic claims does not help a debate.

Name ONE -RELEVANT- to the current meta infantry which I did not listed, for which SVT is an upgrade over what they have as stock or can get as stock upgrade.
4 Apr 2019, 10:25 AM

Yeah, considering the cost of upgrade and how little it does, it's hardly any benefit even to the units it does buff (2.4 moar long range DPS for cons? AMAZING, CALL THE NEWS!), maybe if it didn't take up a slot it would be worth it. Other than "buffing" CE's (and im still not sure if I wouldn't rather keep the slot free, just so I can pick something up when it drops) The only use of this skill is spamming SVTs at axis, hoping they pick them up XD.

Sure, SVT is a good weapon, but it's balanced around 6man squad with great offensive vet bonuses, any less than that and it quickly becomes mediocre.
4 Apr 2019, 10:38 AM

What if after building T4 cons are trained with vet3 included? Like a "trained troops" mechanic. Stock feature, no doctrine involved. Maybe a little side tech to fit the allied theme.
I also want to mention Tric's idea to make cons cheaper to reinforce after each tier is built

Tbh if nothing else I wouldn't mind them becoming dirt cheap by T4 (or with a side tech upgrade) just so I have a cheap unit to hurl onto contested VPs in late game 4v4 arty fests XD
4 Apr 2019, 10:38 AM

I guess since, some people think that the SVT is UP, they should have have no problem changing it for another ability, so we actually agree.
4 Apr 2019, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 10:38 AMVipper
I guess since, some people think that the SVT is UP, they should have have no problem changing it for another ability, so we actually agree.

4 Apr 2019, 11:15 AM

I mean does anyone remember when Cons dealt 16 damage a shot just like Penals instead of 12 damage a shot?

It was hilarious, con spam was the way to go. The change to drop it to 12 is what really put them in the back seat. Because blobbing cons wasn't awful, even against upgraded Volks or Grens. You'd just katty them, kv8 them and still have this big durable blob of essentially.. Penal DPS that was harder to kill and has more utility.

I don't want to see the con blob back, no more than you want to see the volk blob with shrecks back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 9
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak