43%
The idea of Pioneers Satchel
Option Distribution Votes
57%
43%
Total votes: 42
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 Mar 2019, 16:28 PM

As requested by @Smartie a poll about a change within the new Strategic Reserves doctrine for Wehrmacht regarding "Breakthrough equipment"

1) Replace Panzergrenadiers Satchel with AT Satchel, Shrecks upgrade removes the ability.

2) Give Pioneer normal Satchel as part of their 30 muni upgrade.
31 Mar 2019, 16:31 PM

Thx Jagd wölfe!
31 Mar 2019, 16:31 PM

31 Mar 2019, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 16:31 PMSmartie

Thx Jagd wölfe!

We should add a post with all the doctrine related changes that are supported y more than 50% of the community under the general commanders feedback thread.
31 Mar 2019, 16:53 PM

I would suggest that Pioneers get demolition charges not satchel.
In addition I would suggest that the bonuses come from minesweeper upgrade with the extra 30 mu. Investing 60-90 munition to pio seem too much.
31 Mar 2019, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 16:53 PMVipper
I would suggest that Pioneers get demolition charges not satchel.
In addition I would suggest that the bonuses come from minesweeper upgrade with the extra 30 mu. Investing 60-90 munition to pio seem too much.

True, we could propose both.

At the end, i don't see pios able to use satchel OFFENSIVELY. More of a way to demolish buildings
31 Mar 2019, 17:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Definitely not. Definitely no buffs for already strong pioneers when CE and RE are useless. Whats with the axis buffing fad when theyre already strong and theres other units in need of screaming help and buffs. Demos were a CE thing for ages since theyre useless in combat and they were nerfed too, no sight buffs and cant compete with anything at any range.

Panzer satchels are another stupid buff. Why do you want to take everything from allies and give it to axis and just buff the poop out of all the units to the point where theyre terminators at their job? Satchel is only there for the upgrade on Penals that makes them useless against anything but lights and satchel if u have bad micro. But u pay for that upgrade with no real AT or AI capability. Make PZ grens unequiped and then u can have ur satchel.

Ridiculous. What next? Leopards in the Reserve armor doctrine?
31 Mar 2019, 17:44 PM

Panzer satchels are another stupid buff. Why do you want to take everything from allies and give it to axis and just buff the poop out of all the units to the point where theyre terminators at their job? Satchel is only there for the upgrade on Penals that makes them useless against anything but lights and satchel if u have bad micro. But u pay for that upgrade with no real AT or AI capability.
Ridiculous. What next? Leopards in the Reserve armor doctrine?

US cavalry infantry who come earlier and are a lot cheaper already has AT demos. Can you please explain why this upgrade should not be available for Pzgrens???? And it would occupy 1 commander slot!
31 Mar 2019, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 17:44 PMSmartie

US cavalry infantry who come earlier and are a lot cheaper already has AT demos. Can you please explain why this upgrade should not be available for Pzgrens???? And it would occupy 1 commander slot!

Well, one reason would be that germans didn't used satchel charges as a weapon, because shrecks and fausts were all that was needed, especially the latter were extremely cheap and plentiful.

Out of non conventional methods, goliaths were used.

Its allies who were improvising through satchel charge use and so on due to less sufficient and less effective infantry anti tank weapons.
31 Mar 2019, 17:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 17:44 PMSmartie

Do they come stock or have access to double shrecks? Do they have nuke grenades? Do they rape any infantry with their already stock MP-44s without upgrades? And i guess i could use the "its historically correct" argument like a lot of people here do when justifying buffs for the axis.
And cavs dont really need it either its dumb idk why its there. All the various call-in units for USF has turned it into what soviets used to be, reliable on call-ins. But i guess rifles just suck too much.

i think this balancing mess where we make every faction almost the same through commanders because "he has it so i gotta have it too! mom!" logic is getting out of hand. Stock IS-2 when?
31 Mar 2019, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 17:53 PMKatitof

Well, one reason would be that germans didn't used satchel charges as a weapon, because shrecks and fausts were all that was needed, especially the latter were extremely cheap and plentiful.

Thats true but only for the last years of the war. IN the beginning of "Barbarossa" the Wehrmacht didnt have good AT options at all with the exception of the rare 8,8 flak. Infantry used Bundle nades against weak points of T-34 and KV1 - so desperate was the situation. 3,7 cm / 5 cm paks were so bad against soviet tanks that german soldiers called them "Panzeranklopfgerät" because they coulnt do a shit.

But i dont want to bring up this historical stuff to "justify" the proposed changes. There are pros and cons and gameplay should determinate if they make it to the next mod version.
31 Mar 2019, 18:13 PM

I'm all with Katitof.
We should make panzerfaust a 60 range 640 damage at snare /s
31 Mar 2019, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 18:09 PMSmartie

Thats true but only for the last years of the war. IN the beginning of "Barbarossa" the Wehrmacht didnt have good AT options at all with the exception of the rare 8,8 flak. Infantry used Bundle nades against weak points of T-34 and KV1 - so desperate was the situation. 3,7 cm / 5 cm paks were so bad against soviet tanks that german soldiers called them "Panzeranklopfgerät" because they coulnt do a shit.

But i dont want to bring up this historical stuff to "justify" the proposed changes. There are pros and cons and gameplay should determinate if they make it to the next mod version.

Multiplayer is set in 1944-45.
31 Mar 2019, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 18:18 PMKatitof

Ok, but "Satchel" is nothing but a skin

We can use the Hafthohlladung then.
31 Mar 2019, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 18:18 PMKatitof

Then we should change game modes to 2-1, 4-2 and 6-3 in favor of Allies to mirror historic power potential:)
31 Mar 2019, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 18:24 PMSmartie

Then we should change game modes to 2-1, 4-2 and 6-3 in favor of Allies to mirror historic power potential:)

Historycal accuracy and authenticity are 2 different things.

CoH is historically authentic(no wunderwaffes and experimental, never used units everywhere), not historically accurate.
31 Mar 2019, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 18:40 PMKatitof

Historycal accuracy and authenticity are 2 different things.

CoH is historically authentic(no wunderwaffes and experimental, never used units everywhere), not historically accurate.

Nothing of the wunderwaffe stuff hasn't been used
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS