Login

russian armor

222 deserves a buff

30 Mar 2019, 23:02 PM

222 is not a light tank. It is generalist light vehicle that fills multiple roles. I can damage both infantry and vehicles, neither with extremes of luchs or puma, but it can. It can scare off sniper and chase them down quite effectively. And it is actually a damn great scout car, getting very good sight bonus at vet 2, infantry spotting ability and with scopes even better range, allowing it to be spotter for things like pak or maybe even a stug.

You are trying to paint it as it is a shit luchs that requires a buff. But the thing is, its not luchs. Its light armored car with its own functions that is never meant to be used as luchs. It was besides buffed "recently" with mp being lowered to 200 mp.
30 Mar 2019, 23:24 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 20:44 PMLago

18 on all of them.

Well, I think there's a problem then........ target size of a car should be smaller than a tank.
30 Mar 2019, 23:29 PM

Well, I think there's a problem then........ target size of a car should be smaller than a tank.

The T-70 is tiny. It's only got two crew members.
30 Mar 2019, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 23:29 PMLago

The T-70 is tiny. It's only got two crew members.

222 is half a meter longer then T-70.
Yep, T-70 isn't much to show off.
30 Mar 2019, 23:54 PM

I like the the following picture in my head:
This 2 men in the t-70 can:

- rotate the turret like a Gepard tank (while it had superslow turret traverse!!)
- can reload the gun like a autolaoder
- can aim single models like a sniper
- can drive like sitting in a gocart (while wasnt this really fast!!)

And all this at the same time! The reloader/ aimer/ Tracker/ turretturner Bro must be a superhero.

Imagine you must aim a running target while u reload all 2 sec and traverse the turret with a handspin and must look through optics...
31 Mar 2019, 00:03 AM

222 are great as they are now. Buffing it is nonesense because OST doesnt lack of good mediums to comeback the next or so minutes.

Also 222 are part of an offensive opening, one that you shouldnt use if you are loosing. The only reliable way to use them to defend is paired with a Pak
31 Mar 2019, 05:00 AM

Permanently Banned
Okay, you are right. I have checked in game files and 222 is classified as a Scout car. So you were right and it serves it's role properly.

But the main Ostheer problem still remains - its inability to fight light tanks on equal terms. Every faction has a light tank or a light tank hunter. Except Ostheer.

Do you think it would break balance if Ostheer was able to build Puma from tier 2 once it has researched battle phase 2 ?

In mobile defense we could replace it for example with OKW halftrack then :)
31 Mar 2019, 08:29 AM
Donator 11

Okay, you are right. I have checked in game files and 222 is classified as a Scout car. So you were right and it serves it's role properly.

But the main Ostheer problem still remains - its inability to fight light tanks on equal terms. Every faction has a light tank or a light tank hunter. Except Ostheer.

Do you think it would break balance if Ostheer was able to build Puma from tier 2 once it has researched battle phase 2 ?

In mobile defense we could replace it for example with OKW halftrack then :)

You don't really need a light tank to fight other light tanks. All you need is a well placed teller, pak or shreck pgrens. Mobile defence has its own distinct playstyle that is supposed to be an option for ostheer players if they choose to go for it, but not the main strategy. If you can't play ostheer without puma, you should probably look for another faction as it doesn't fit your personal playstyle.
31 Mar 2019, 08:41 AM

The 222 is simply overburden. It has to act a hard counter to cars and a hard counter to light tanks.

Imo the issues solution would be to reintroduce the 221. Then the 221 can be a soft counter to car and 222 a soft counter to light tanks.
Then both units can be balanced and priced accordingly.

The autocannon should be brought inline with other autocannons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
unknown 32
unknown 8
Germany 847

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %