Login

russian armor

[POLL] Regular barrage for Walking Stuka

Would you prefer Walking Stuka to be rebalanced to have a circular strike ?
Option Distribution Votes
54%
46%
Total votes: 26
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Mar 2019, 17:24 PM

In light on the last changes to Walking Stuka the unit has issues against garrisons and buildings. It went from sure obliteration to being the worst anti building rocket artillery.

That is mainly due to the fact that the creeping barrage won't guarantee more than 1 hit at any range on a structure and is 100% sure to not give 3 hits even with the largest building.

Other people proposed to give it a normal barrage like it was in coh1. We have an example of how it would work with this (wonderful) mod about bringing coh1 in coh2.

https://youtu.be/BMTIE685m70
30 Mar 2019, 17:25 PM

Look at it this way:

Its incendiary barrage now has actual purpose.
30 Mar 2019, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 17:25 PMKatitof
Look at it this way:

Honestly the incendiary barrage would at least have some purpose in denying VPs or specific areas if it didn't hit the moon instead of the spot you actually aimed for.
30 Mar 2019, 17:34 PM

I want a circle barrage just so the damn thing has a circle barrage. I'll take the random hit chance if it means I'm not constantly having to babysit all my mortars that are 50ft apart because it's possible to draw a line between them
30 Mar 2019, 17:34 PM

Look at it this way:

Incendiary barrage would work if it didn't leave a trail of fire
30 Mar 2019, 17:38 PM

I would actually test lowering the price of the Stuka and giving the incendiary barrage by default.

That would solve the OKW problem of dealing with garrison when going T2 while it would the Stuka performance more consistent.

HE barrage could be a vet ability.

Currently the incendiary barrage is not worth the cost or xp level needed. Its a rather pointless ability.
30 Mar 2019, 18:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Give it both. It cost 100 fuel to be made, it should have the option to chose the way it wants to fire the barrage
30 Mar 2019, 18:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Look at it this way:

Except it is hidden behind unreachable very 4 and overpriced munition requirements
30 Mar 2019, 18:35 PM

Except it is hidden behind unreachable very 4 and overpriced munition requirements

He has got a point this time.
30 Mar 2019, 22:18 PM

Maybe with circular strike it might be able to kill something so +1
30 Mar 2019, 22:43 PM

I'd be interested to see how the stuka would be with a standard barrage.

Might make it more useful in some ways but also stop it from hard-countering support weapon play.
31 Mar 2019, 00:09 AM

Rocket arty counters team weapons and blobs.
The only special feature of Wstukas was its line formation of the bombs falling.
IMO a circle radius wont hurt Wstukas that much, they will even be deadlier to a single support weapon.
I think the spread should be increased with increased AOE. Stuka bombs already hit hard, concentrating them too much its just overkill against infantry. Other solution would be to add serious vehicle damage to stuka bomb impacts and near aoe
31 Mar 2019, 07:07 AM

I think wstuka barrage comes in straight line to prevent mass destruction when fired on someone's base sector, because all of retreated units are blobbed near HQ building. Other rocket arty doesn't have such damage per rocket
31 Mar 2019, 07:46 AM

You would have to heavily nerf its vehicle damage. It already does very good damage to light vehicles and decent damage to Jacksons, Fireflies and other not so well armoured mediums. Them falling in a circle would make them kill or atleast heavily damage any medium tank destroyer and would grant 1veterancy star per barrage.

31 Mar 2019, 09:05 AM

You would have to heavily nerf its vehicle damage. It already does very good damage to light vehicles and decent damage to Jacksons, Fireflies and other not so well armoured mediums. Them falling in a circle would make them kill or atleast heavily damage any medium tank destroyer and would grant 1veterancy star per barrage.

False, it does basically nothing to vehicles already.
31 Mar 2019, 09:55 AM

False, it does basically nothing to vehicles already.

This is either biased and factually wrong. Just recently a stuart was reversing along the stuka barrage and I got him down to like 20% health.
Fireflies and Jacksons often easily get 30% damage by two rockets hitting.
Just tested it in cheatmods: firefly got 40% damage.
31 Mar 2019, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 22:18 PMFarlon
Maybe with circular strike it might be able to kill something so +1
lol in good hands current stuka can be op especially on maps like hamburg.

31 Mar 2019, 10:34 AM

This is either biased and factually wrong. Just recently a stuart was reversing along the stuka barrage and I got him down to like 20% health.
Fireflies and Jacksons often easily get 30% damage by two rockets hitting.
Just tested it in cheatmods: firefly got 40% damage.

Stuka rockets act through AOE, if two rockets hit 2 meters or less away from the vehicles the damage is 200, from 2 meters to 4 the damage is only 30.

For a Stuka to kill a medium, it requires 3 rockets to hit at less than 2 meters from a vehicle and 2 to hit at less than 4 meters. That's moronic to even consider such a case.

The only possible way to destroy a vehicle with rocket arty is to bring unrealistically close panzerwerfer and land mattress and fire on a stationary vehicle at 10-20 range.
31 Mar 2019, 14:51 PM

Stuka rockets act through AOE, if two rockets hit 2 meters or less away from the vehicles the damage is 200, from 2 meters to 4 the damage is only 30.

For a Stuka to kill a medium, it requires 3 rockets to hit at less than 2 meters from a vehicle and 2 to hit at less than 4 meters. That's moronic to even consider such a case.

The only possible way to destroy a vehicle with rocket arty is to bring unrealistically close panzerwerfer and land mattress and fire on a stationary vehicle at 10-20 range.

The panzerwerfer does not have the penetration, so the rockets just bounce off. The same happens when you stuka zu fuß an IS2 or ISU152. You get exactly 0 damage.
I did 40% damage in one test when I just fired up the cheatmod, one another I did 30-40%.
This was in a straight line randomly aimed at the sherman.
If you do that in a circle, the damage would be brutal and very likely result in 60-90% damage on a medium like Jackons or Firely.
Just test it yourself, if you don't believe me. The Cheatmod can be downloaded in the workshop and is easily to use.
I play OKW myself and the feuersturms doctrinal barrage is devastating, if something is caught within the circle.
In 4v4 just like in the Bloodbath tournament you have people dedicate themselves to go for specOps + command panther + rest walking stuka like DevM going for 3+. Use 2 barrages together in a circle and you WILL wipe any medium you only wouldve done 50% in a worst case scenario damage to in one barrage.
But I have a fleeting hint you might be axis biased seeing you how switch your avatar from one german unit to another frequently.

31 Mar 2019, 15:08 PM

The panzerwerfer does not have the penetration, so the rockets just bounce off. The same happens when you stuka zu fuß an IS2 or ISU152. You get exactly 0 damage.
I did 40% damage in one test when I just fired up the cheatmod, one another I did 30-40%.
This was in a straight line randomly aimed at the sherman.
If you do that in a circle, the damage would be brutal and very likely result in 60-90% damage on a medium like Jackons or Firely.
Just test it yourself, if you don't believe me. The Cheatmod can be downloaded in the workshop and is easily to use.
I play OKW myself and the feuersturms doctrinal barrage is devastating, if something is caught within the circle.
In 4v4 just like in the Bloodbath tournament you have people dedicate themselves to go for specOps + command panther + rest walking stuka like DevM going for 3+. Use 2 barrages together in a circle and you WILL wipe any medium you only wouldve done 50% in a worst case scenario damage to in one barrage.
But I have a fleeting hint you might be axis biased seeing you how switch your avatar from one german unit to another frequently.

Stuka has 0 penetration, deflection damage is 40 as opposed to 20 for Panzerwerfer

Panzerwerfer has 50 penetration.

Just quit it dude.

My avatar is german so i'm biased.

Should i keep it "neutral" or allies to not be biased ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★