Login

russian armor

Founded UI and animation issues in the upcoming patch

24 Mar 2019, 15:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello, everybody!

I've made a research of test-mode and want to mention several founded issues. If you found anything else - leave a comment here! I would like to collect all issues somewhere, so devteam can easily find the full list and fix them. I didn't touch icons and portraits, which obviously looks like placeholders.

Red Army

- GuardsParatrooers using several strings from lend-lease assault guards
1. Name of the unit
2. Description of the unit
3. Yellow advice text

- SVT-40 airdrop announced as partisan call-in.
- Model of boxes for SVT-40 airdrop have axis symbols, model should be changed on something else.
- All non-soviet don't have any weapon in their hands, when picked up the box with SVT-40.
- Penals and Paratroopers don't get PPSh-41 symbol, when picked them up from the airdrop box.
- Paratroopers area of landing looks to small

- Fire Superiority should use different icon. If ability works like cavrifles ability, better to use the same icon.
->

Wehrmacht

- Sappers support package doesn't have yellow string at all.
- Some announcements for availability of new Tiger Ace have reference to resource penalty, which was removed.
- Sappers with support package can use this weapon symbol to mention their improved crepair performance

- Selfrepair ability for Tiger Ace doesn't have it's own string for white text, and use string from soviet commander ability selfrepair instead.
- Sappers don't have animation for placing anticover charge.
- Sappers using incorrect animation for satchel charge, should be like Penals animation.
- Panzer IV H using vet ability from OKW, should be change like it was made with okw Tiger.

USF

- Commander ability "Rifle grenades" using yellow string from commander ability "M2 flamethrower".
- Move Incendiary greande from Dozer to Rifle grenade and rename it in "Additional grenades supply" or something like that. Then doctrine will include one passive for tanks (dozer and WP shells) and one for infantry (rifle grenades for RE and incendiary grenades for Rifles).

UKF

- Infantry section should get new white and yellow strings when upgraded with Thompsons, because these strings from vanilla IS not match with their new role on the field.
- IS doesn't have Thompson in their hands.
- IS doesn't get Thompson symbol after upgrade. Weapon shouldn't be on the shieldsymbol, it should be under shieldsymbol.
- M3 halftrack from the new doctrine using yellow string from supply halftrack M3, which can drom the weapon.
- M5 using soviet vet1 ability unlike other western halftracks.

OKW

- Panzerfusiliers don't have separate string with white text for order their construction (in tier menu)
- Tiger using incorrect icon for vet1 ability, unlike other OKW vehicles. Maybe it's because it using "east" ability instead.
- Tiger call-in would not trigger the Vet 5 Elite Command Tiger ability when toggled in the UI. Part of this same bug was that level 4 was entirely skipped, two promotions straight up from vet 3.
The 25 muni would be subtracted, then immediately refunded, and the icon ready to be toggled again. No effect for units around. (by RabidSchnauzer).

- Since recon flight seems like copypasta from Ostheer Smoke bombing run, i suggest to change it's icon on proper one.
->

Text string issues, connected with commanders

Some ideas by Widerstreit

25 Mar 2019, 02:55 AM

Had a bug where the OKW Tiger call-in would not trigger the Vet 5 Elite Command Tiger ability when toggled in the UI. Part of this same bug was that level 4 was entirely skipped, two promotions straight up from vet 3.

The 25 muni would be subtracted, then immediately refunded, and the icon ready to be toggled again. No effect for units around.
25 Mar 2019, 08:22 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Had a bug where the OKW Tiger call-in would not trigger the Vet 5 Elite Command Tiger ability when toggled in the UI. Part of this same bug was that level 4 was entirely skipped, two promotions straight up from vet 3.

The 25 muni would be subtracted, then immediately refunded, and the icon ready to be toggled again. No effect for units around.

Thank you! Added to the list!
27 Mar 2019, 03:55 AM

I think since the mod is a Win Condition, it can't include .abp edits necessary for new weapons to be visible.

However, I love your work and thoroughness looking at issues and inconsistencies in the UI and Text. I hope your suggestions are taken very seriously.
27 Mar 2019, 14:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think since the mod is a Win Condition, it can't include .abp edits necessary for new weapons to be visible.

However, I love your work and thoroughness looking at issues and inconsistencies in the UI and Text. I hope your suggestions are taken very seriously.

My goal was to inform about issues and prevent "suprises" on release.

Thank you for your support! I am really glad, that somebody else cares about it! :)
27 Mar 2019, 15:03 PM

I support any attempt to improve the game (successful or not), keep up the good work.
27 Mar 2019, 15:07 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 15:03 PMVipper
I support any attempt to improve the game, keep up the good work.

I know, you doing a big job in balance brainstorming and statschecking, it is also important! Thank you! ^_^
27 Mar 2019, 15:10 PM

Although probably not important the icon for the land lease m3 during commander selection is that of a plane.
27 Mar 2019, 15:19 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think it's a bug of custom interface, because when you choose the doctrine, you see correct M3 icon.
But i found other thing - M1 mortar call-in ability using string for yellow text from other unit. I suppose from AT IS and AVRE (they using one string for yellow text, and this issue i mentioned in general thread about lack of strings in the game). It should have his own string for it.
28 Mar 2019, 22:01 PM
31 Mar 2019, 08:14 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Construction animation for Rally point (by Widerstreit)
As you know, currently Rally Point doesn't have any construction animation. And Widerstreit (you may know him for his Ost repair bunker concept) created possible solution, which i really love! IMO it is the best what we can get with this model.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnNID9UDyo34-yOFX4w

If you have some ideas, how rally point should looks like - leave them here! I hope we found a good solution, like it was with field HQ for Red Army!
2 Apr 2019, 20:21 PM
13 Apr 2019, 15:44 PM
14 Apr 2019, 14:33 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Recon bunker concept by Widerstreit. IMO this antenna helps to recognize this bunker as recon bunker and separate it from other bunker variants.

https://youtu.be/SiVIk6rS-gg
20 Apr 2019, 21:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Structure update:
- Added new UI fixes ideas.
- Moved Text string issues in separate cathegory.
- Added new cathegory with suggestion from Widerstreit.
24 Apr 2019, 19:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Updated first post to version 6.0.

Also, i want to mention two more things:

1. Conscripts UI indication need to be improved with one more thing - Buff icon on the portrait (like Osttruppen and IS)

2. SneakEye founded a way to make Soviet paratroopers using parachutes and paradrop like other airbourne units. It's not fully animated, but if combined with smoke grenades.

25 Jun 2019, 16:02 PM

the "cover to cover" looks very similar to fire up can it be replaced with something else like "howitzer 105 barrage" victory strike
25 Jun 2019, 22:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2019, 16:02 PMVipper
the "cover to cover" looks very similar to fire up can it be replaced with something else like "howitzer 105 barrage" victory strike

When i was creating this icon, i used non-used icon from gamefiles, but for brits. It gives both main effect of the ability - sprint and smoke cover. I also created variant with ranger, but decided to send variant with rifles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★