Login

russian armor

OKW - Grand Offensive - Feedback

PAGES (14)down
29 Mar 2019, 00:03 AM

Don't really like the STGs on OKW Offensive Package. Don't see the point or synergy with the whole doctrine. Then again, MP40s weren't that hot either. My suggestion:

With Panzerfusielier having a double shrek option, you have an interesting unit that can either go for long range (G43s) ou AT (Shreks). You don't really need anything either for Volks (MP40s) or Obers (STGs). Both are fine with the standard upgrades.

The ones who are lagging behind are SturmPioneers. I suggest unlocking an extra upgrade giving them some combat boost:
  • 5th man veteran squadleader (Obers model), or
  • Flamer package, or
  • Received accuracy buff

And an ability:
  • Smoke Grenade, or
  • AssGrens sprint

Pick one from each (any one would be quite sufficient IMO, while not becoming OP), and you'll have a really nice solution that improves your current close-quarters potential rather than trying to reinvent the wheel :)
29 Mar 2019, 00:25 AM

Don't really like the STGs on OKW Offensive Package. Don't see the point or synergy with the whole doctrine. Then again, MP40s weren't that hot either. My suggestion:

With Panzerfusielier having a double shrek option, you have an interesting unit that can either go for long range (G43s) ou AT (Shreks). You don't really need anything either for Volks (MP40s) or Obers (STGs). Both are fine with the standard upgrades.

The ones who are lagging behind are SturmPioneers. I suggest unlocking an extra upgrade giving them some combat boost:
  • Flamer package, or
  • Received accuracy buff

And an ability:
  • Smoke Grenade, or
  • AssGrens sprint

Pick one from each (any one would be quite sufficient IMO, while not becoming OP), and you'll have a really nice solution that improves your current close-quarters potential rather than trying to reinvent the wheel :)

G43's are close-medium range weapons with a lesser moving penalty. Ober STG also slightly ignores cover and works at all ranges (but best at close and medium range). I like the sturmpioneer idea though.
29 Mar 2019, 00:26 AM

why not bundle MP40 with Infrared stg44?
29 Mar 2019, 00:30 AM

• Flamer package, or
  • Received accuracy buff

And an ability:
  • Smoke Grenade, or
  • AssGrens sprint

I like the idea of veteran squad leader for SturmPioneers, too.
29 Mar 2019, 00:36 AM
Patrion 26

That's a good idea.
29 Mar 2019, 00:54 AM
Donator 11

That's a good idea.

I would rather they get standard stgs since the IR ones ignore cover and the less of that the better imo. Let's just go nuts and give Panzerfusiliers stgs bundled with this as well, make use of those spicy voice lines. https://youtu.be/MaF_dkuGLjE?t=32 https://youtu.be/NPACSBanFjM?t=862
29 Mar 2019, 08:26 AM

The doctrine is already very powerful with Panzerfusiliers and the Tiger, and Tactical Movement and Stuka Smoke Drop on top of that. The point of the Obers IR STG44 slot is to provide an ability that is rather low key (but still very good) so the power level of the commander is kept in check.

Besides, in team games T4 will almost always get built way before getting enough CPs for the Tiger call-in (unless player goes for double Stuka strat) so this ability could see a lot of use there. It makes the commander very versatile (as in it gives the player a lot of different build options).

I would rather they get standard stgs since the IR ones ignore cover and the less of that the better imo.

They only partially ignore cover. Obers IR STG44 only get a 0.9 accuracy modifier versus cover (0.5 for normal units). Their damage modifier against heavy cover is still 0.5 (same as normal units). So ultimately they do better against units in cover but they are nowhere near snipers or JLI in terms of ignoring the cover mechanics of the game.

29 Mar 2019, 09:30 AM

Because IR STG44 are extremely powerful weapon upgrade and should never be bundles with anything.
29 Mar 2019, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 09:30 AMKatitof

Because IR STG44 are extremely powerful weapon upgrade and should never be bundles with anything.

IR STG44 is powerful,but I think it not suitable for this commander and special OPS commander,command panther and tiger give OKW a tactiacl combat without T4,but IR stg44 must have T4 or useless.If ober can training in Command HQ after deploy any 2 HQ ,or give this ability to some commander that must build T4 (like elite panzer or anyother didn't have callin tank commander)will better
29 Mar 2019, 12:15 PM

Incentivising Special Operations to actually tech T3 (starting building is T0) isn't a bad thing.
30 Mar 2019, 04:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 12:15 PMLago
Incentivising Special Operations to actually tech T3 (starting building is T0) isn't a bad thing.
I think if balance team incentivising special OPS or new commander deploy AA HQ,they should give something more powerful unit in T4,like Sturmpanzer IV.
Just see Sovite commander who have is-2,one of them got KV8,another got T34-85,and IR44 only for ober,and ober must training in T4,did Ober can use they IR44 give damage to any tank or push enemy infantry back?
IR44 is powerful weapon,but it is one commader ability is tooooooo waste
30 Mar 2019, 22:58 PM

I think if balance team incentivising special OPS or new commander deploy AA HQ,they should give something more powerful unit in T4,like Sturmpanzer IV.
Just see Sovite commander who have is-2,one of them got KV8,another got T34-85,and IR44 only for ober,and ober must training in T4,did Ober can use they IR44 give damage to any tank or push enemy infantry back?
IR44 is powerful weapon,but it is one commader ability is tooooooo waste

I think weapon upgrade commander abilities are not balanced right now. Some are much better than others.

Good ones are:
M1919, at least 4 squads can equip M1919 (3 RM + 1 Officer)
PPSh, players usually build 3 squads of Cons if they choose a doctrine with PPSh

Bads ones are:
IR STG44, it is unrealistic to have more than 2 squads of Obers on the field.
All flamethrowers for engineers (RE and Sappers), since players only need 1 squad of engineer with flamethrower.
30 Mar 2019, 23:09 PM

PPSH for Cons is not even remotely comparable to how powerful the IR STG44 upgrade for Obersoldaten is. It is arguably the strongest weapon in the game.
30 Mar 2019, 23:30 PM

I think weapon upgrade commander abilities are not balanced right now. Some are much better than others.

Good ones are:
M1919, at least 4 squads can equip M1919 (3 RM + 1 Officer)
PPSh, players usually build 3 squads of Cons if they choose a doctrine with PPSh

Bads ones are:
IR STG44, it is unrealistic to have more than 2 squads of Obers on the field.
All flamethrowers for engineers (RE and Sappers), since players only need 1 squad of engineer with flamethrower.

yeah,maybe engineers flamethrowers bundle something will better,and that's why I want IR.STG44 bundle with something.....and Ober already have MG34......
30 Mar 2019, 23:36 PM

PPSH for Cons is not even remotely comparable to how powerful the IR STG44 upgrade for Obersoldaten is. It is arguably the strongest weapon in the game.

Ober alreday have MG34,even though IR.STG44 is powerful at close range,MG34 still more useful,and MG34 only use 1 slot,Ober have chance to get another LMG or something
IMO,IR.STG44 is powerful weapon,but in wrong time give wrong unit,if this upgrade for SP or Ost PG,it useful.For Ober is useless
31 Mar 2019, 02:41 AM

I do agree that right now the IR stgs dont fit in with the rest of the doctrine (mp40s were worse IMO) so these are my suggestions.

1. Move obers to Command HQ and make them available when 2 trucks have been setup. This way you don't have to tech to t3 which is the common thing to do when you have a heavy callin (command panther or tiger)

2. Instead of an upgrade make it a IRstg obers callin (cost changed accordingly) or maybe just regular obers callin with IRstg upgrade (like rangers' thompsons)

I think either of these changes should be enough to make all the new commander's abilities useful
31 Mar 2019, 03:21 AM

PPSh have larger impact on the field because players have 3 squads of Cons. It is rare to see more than 1 squad of Obers on the field.
31 Mar 2019, 08:24 AM

Again, community voted AGAINST a Tank Hunter doctrine, yet you keep force feeding a shreck squad through panzerfusiliers.

Rework Panzerfusiliers to either be like Penals (with Panzerbusche 39) or ai only squad.

Basic tools like infantry at should not be doctrine locked and Sturmpios should get double shreck upgrade.
31 Mar 2019, 10:27 AM

panzaerfusilier is too expensive

maybe 260MP will be better
31 Mar 2019, 10:28 AM

Ober alreday have MG34,even though IR.STG44 is powerful at close range,MG34 still more useful,and MG34 only use 1 slot,Ober have chance to get another LMG or something

No. The LMG34 is not more useful.

The IR STG44s actually have more DPS than the LMG34 at max range as long as the enemy unit is in cover, because of their 0.9 cover accuracy multiplier.

The rare chance of grabbing a second LMG or if the enemy never uses cover are the only two scenarios in which the LMG34 upgrade is better.

PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS