Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback

PAGES (13)down
23 Apr 2019, 09:38 AM

I'd like to suggest replacing the observation bunker with USF raid tactics. This ability gives +7 sight to infantry and allows light vehicles to cap at a rate of 3 with a duration of 45 seconds.

Reasons:
- Like USF, Ostheer puts emphasis on light vehicle play, this ability fits that.
- It can fill the role of the recon ability for this commander. Pioneers would have 52 sight, for example.
- Raid Tactics currently doesn't see much use. This is because pathfinders already provide 55 sight and USF can let their light vehicle crews cap.
- The observation bunker doesn't seem worth it in its current state and doesn't fit the theme of the commander in my opinion. I would expect a strategic reserves commander with assault grenadiers and improved tanks to be focused on mobility.

I like this suggestion more than the observation bunker. It fits the commander more and it encourages light vehicle play.
23 Apr 2019, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 13:33 PMSmartie

agreed. Even if the Pgrens had only 1 flamer it would create a unnecessary precedent. Currently only pios can use flamers which is good imo. There is no need for urban pgrens, Assgrens can clean houses with grenades.

While some units undergo major changes and addition of new models are forbidden, why wehrmacht should not get an elite infantry in the form of urban panzergrenadiers? Look at the other factions... shock troops, new guard paratroops, rangers and paratroopers, new assault tommies, falls and obers... Wehrmacht needs its own elite infantry in the same level as the mentioned squads (come on... don't mention assault grenadiers! simple 5-man mp-40)
A sample suggestion would be the removal of dual flamethrowers and addition of 1 flamethrower upgrade for 60 mun. Durability package can be removed and squad can get an armor of 1.5 (same as shock troops and normal panzer greandiers). Balance team can made some additional changes to make this unit more suitable.
The reworked urban panzergrenadiers may be another rare strategic reserve, like Tiger Ace and add a new unit to the old-looking wehrmacht (such as what soviets got in their new commander).
23 Apr 2019, 11:29 AM

Look at the other factions... shock troops, new guard paratroops, rangers and paratroopers, new assault tommies, falls and obers... Wehrmacht needs its own elite infantry in the same level as the mentioned squads (come on... don't mention assault grenadiers! simple 5-man mp-40)
A sample suggestion would be the removal of dual flamethrowers and addition of 1 flamethrower upgrade for 60 mun. Durability package can be removed and squad can get an armor of 1.5 (same as shock troops and normal panzer greandiers). Balance team can made some additional changes to make this unit more suitable.
The reworked urban panzergrenadiers may be another rare strategic reserve, like Tiger Ace and add a new unit to the old-looking wehrmacht (such as what soviets got in their new commander).

You say "Wehrmacht needs its own elite infantry". I agree 100% but the best way to reach this goal is to improve the standard non doctrinal pgrens and not create a new unit that can only be used in 1 doctrine. Pgrens cost 340!!!mp they are supposed to fulfill the role of "elite inf". But the unit needs further buffs thats for sure.
23 Apr 2019, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2019, 11:29 AMSmartie

You say "Wehrmacht needs its own elite infantry". I agree 100% but the best way to reach this goal is to improve the standard non doctrinal pgrens and not create a new unit that can only be used in 1 doctrine. Pgrens cost 340!!!mp they are supposed to fulfill the role of "elite inf". But the unit needs further buffs thats for sure.

I agree with you that a non-doctrinal elite unit would be much better, but i don't think that decreasing the cost of the panzergrenadiers is the answer. Regardless to its cost, the new (or the modified) unit shout be able to withstand elite infantries of other factions.
23 Apr 2019, 12:06 PM

I agree with you that a non-doctrinal elite unit would be much better, but i don't think that decreasing the cost of the panzergrenadiers is the answer. Regardless to its cost, the new (or the modified) unit shout be able to withstand elite infantries of other factions.

+1
Just wanted to point out that they have the costs of elite infantry but obviously not the same performance. Earlier arrival + new vet1 is a step in the right direction. but i think further changes are probably needed.
23 Apr 2019, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2019, 12:06 PMSmartie

+1
Just wanted to point out that they have the costs of elite infantry but obviously not the same performance. Earlier arrival + new vet1 is a step in the right direction. but i think further changes are probably needed.

So, I suggest an anti-infantry upgrade for panzer grenadiers, somehow like new panzerfusiliers. They can have either anti-tank or anti-infantry roles:

Infrared StG44 upgrade: provides 2 squad members with StG44 rifles, increases squad size by 1 (need reinforce, 90 mun maybe)
Vet 3 bonus: +passive healing, increases survival chance

Current modifications and costs are fine, i like combined arms. StG44 maybe replaced by one LMG34 (fires on the move, like obers).

23 Apr 2019, 13:16 PM

So, I suggest an anti-infantry upgrade for panzer grenadiers, somehow like new panzerfusiliers. They can have either anti-tank or anti-infantry roles:

Infrared StG44 upgrade: provides 2 squad members with StG44 rifles, increases squad size by 1 (need reinforce, 90 mun maybe)
Vet 3 bonus: +passive healing, increases survival chance

Current modifications and costs are fine, i like combined arms. StG44 maybe replaced by one LMG34 (fires on the move, like obers).

I like your idea a lot- you should also post it in the official "Pgren" thread of Miragefla or in a dedicated feedback thread for the Wehr core changes.
25 Apr 2019, 00:23 AM

WTF with radio bunker?Replace by anyother ability plz
25 Apr 2019, 08:36 AM

WTF with radio bunker?Replace by anyother ability plz

Agreed, and as much as people didn't like the Forward Supply Station it made more sense for a reserve force type commander to have a sort of makeshift HQ on the field rather than a static bunker that needs to be built solely by Pioneers and having weak reconnaissance abilities.

My opinion is that it should become the 223 upgrade for the 221 granting it the radio relay and forward retreat point similar to the OKW or replace it with the Forward Supply Station again but implement it properly this time.
25 Apr 2019, 09:45 AM

I think Stormtrooper G43's need a cost reduction too, considering they're competing with free super MP40's.

Both have a different role ofcourse, but you can consider them to be at the same performance level in their respective role. You also only get 3 G43's compared to 4 MP40's.
25 Apr 2019, 11:00 AM

Replace radio bunker with 250HT from infantry commander or okw flak halftruck
wermaht need more light vehicles guys
Or heavy truck opel blitz with 500hp
25 Apr 2019, 11:17 AM

Agreed, and as much as people didn't like the Forward Supply Station it made more sense for a reserve force type commander to have a sort of makeshift HQ on the field rather than a static bunker that needs to be built solely by Pioneers and having weak reconnaissance abilities.

My opinion is that it should become the 223 upgrade for the 221 granting it the radio relay and forward retreat point similar to the OKW or replace it with the Forward Supply Station again but implement it properly this time.

Whatever,any ability better than this stupid bunker
25 Apr 2019, 11:20 AM

I think Stormtrooper G43's need a cost reduction too, considering they're competing with free super MP40's.

Both have a different role ofcourse, but you can consider them to be at the same performance level in their respective role. You also only get 3 G43's compared to 4 MP40's.

I most want they got 4x G43……
25 Apr 2019, 13:01 PM

I got idea to rework PanzerGrenadier,based on test mod
traning cost reduce to 280—300,reinforcement cost reduce to 30—32
default weapon change to 4xGrenadier 98k or 4x Sturmtroopers MP40
can use 80 ammo upgrade 4xStg44 after phase 2 ,need 2 weapon slot,got 1.5 armor and got suppression fire
G43 upgrade use 60ammo got 4xG43
still use 100 ammo for 2xschreck
25 Apr 2019, 13:42 PM

I'd love a 250 HT with some Panzerfusiliers in it, would be a nice nod to Großdeutschland.
25 Apr 2019, 15:10 PM

The doctrine that really needs the buildable 250 next patch is Ost Mechanized Assault, considering Panzergrenadiers will be in T0, so the whole tech skipping aspect of the mechanized assault group will be gone.
25 Apr 2019, 16:23 PM

The doctrine that really needs the buildable 250 next patch is Ost Mechanized Assault, considering Panzergrenadiers will be in T0, so the whole tech skipping aspect of the mechanized assault group will be gone.

+1

And lets not forget "German Mechanized" with the obscure lgm-grens in 250.
25 Apr 2019, 17:03 PM

I'd like pgrens to remain primarily anti-tank inf.
But for them get more utility. Give them the ability to plant riegel AT mines (with commanders that have access to them once they get the CP and are upgraded to shreks).
If it's really needed that pgrens need more anti-inf capability maybe an alternate upgrade with sg44's (are they still even in the game) or even a flames package.

Maybe buff their survivability.

26 Apr 2019, 06:59 AM

I played some games in the last days to test the new commander and the buffed core units.
About Core changes:
Changes especially to Ostwind are great, Stugs are also better. I really like these changes and think that it will give wehr players a lot more options! The buffs to Pgrens are also very welcome but im still not convinced that the performance of the unit justifies its high cost/ reinforcement costs. I could live with the 340 MP cost but the unit should be more durable.

About Strategic Reserve
Observation bunker:
1. It is evident -at least to me- that the observation bunker is not really attractive. I can see myself building it occasionally in 3vs3 / 4vs4s but not in my preferred game mode 2vs2. You simple dont want to spend precious 200 MP BEFORE you can use an 60 mun ability with short range. Flares should definitely have more range (60) to justify the cost of the building. Right now you have to build the bunker close to the frontline to use the flares which also means that the bunker can easily be destroyed.

Thats why i would still prefer a standard recon ability OR an other ammo heavy ability over the bunker.
My preferred options:
a. Stuka Smoke drop:
Cheap recon ability, Smoke would have GREAT synergy with Assgrens and tanks. Stuka smoke drop would also be a unique ability for Ostheer and FITS a a lot better to the aggressive play style of "Strategic reserves".

OR

2. Reworked Sector Artillery from "Breakthrough".
The commander is lacking a heavy ammo based ability, strong arty fits to "Strategic Reserves" (General Staff providing additional mun reserves for a counter attack), Wehrmacht does not have great off map arty and "Sector Arty" needs a rework for years. Sounds like an promising combo, doesnt it?

2. The OKW P4
I always liked the better P4 for Wehrmacht and wanted the unit to stay because "Support Armor Corps" was so weak. And then came the not expected core changes!
I will NOT demand changes here but im really curious what you guys think about the unit. Is it still a good addition or is the better P4 not needed anymore after the buffs to Ostwind and Stug?

26 Apr 2019, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 06:59 AMSmartie

Completely agree. Bunker doesn't fit here. It's decent idea and it could work but any other commander.

OKW P4 will still be used. Combo ostwind-stug will be strong but don't think it will kill this unit. Honestly I see P4J with T4 combo mixed with panzerwerfers. Thanks to the fact that unit is put in HQ it gives quite a lot strats to be used.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 79
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak