Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback

PAGES (13)down
13 Apr 2019, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 13:35 PMVipper

The idea behind timed abilities for QCQ unit is that these unit are rather difficult to balance and this could provide a solution.

They either seem to bleed too much or rolfstop enemy units. A timed ability would allow the unit to be good but only a limited time.

Agreed, but diversion is currently not worth the cost over sprint. The buff I suggested might be too strong tho, now that I think of it.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 13:35 PMVipper

The idea behind PzIV switchable munition is not to increase the AI but the AT, similar to 76mm Sherman. The PzIV have trouble penetrating anything above allied mediums and this change could make the Panzer H better vs those units.

IMO, Ostheer doesn't need a generalist option for both AI and AT. The option to skip to T4 with the Panzer 4 H already opens the door for an easier Panther afterwards.

13 Apr 2019, 13:51 PM

Agreed, but diversion is currently not worth the cost over sprint. The buff I suggested might be too strong tho, now that I think of it.
It does not have to "diversion" just a timed ability that increase the performance of the unit accordingly to what it needs (probably defensibly in this case maybe armor?) so that they player has to judge when to use the unit and ability for better results.

IMO, Ostheer doesn't need a generalist option for both AI and AT. The option to skip to T4 with the Panzer 4 H already opens the door for an easier Panther afterwards.

I tend to disagree. The original Ostheer design had them with inferior mainline infatry and superior support weapons and Tanks. They had to defend until their armor rolled out so that they could push. Currently going for PzIV's does not cut it since allies have armor that is equal or better that it. PzIV can even lose to AI specialized vehicles like the KV-8.

A decent medium that can fight armor above the standard allied mediums actually creates a new play style for Ostheer who would no longer have to relay on expensive expensive specialized units.
13 Apr 2019, 14:09 PM

I'd like to suggest replacing the observation bunker with USF raid tactics. This ability gives +7 sight to infantry and allows light vehicles to cap at a rate of 3 with a duration of 45 seconds.

Reasons:
- Like USF, Ostheer puts emphasis on light vehicle play, this ability fits that.
- It can fill the role of the recon ability for this commander. Pioneers would have 52 sight, for example.
- Raid Tactics currently doesn't see much use. This is because pathfinders already provide 55 sight and USF can let their light vehicle crews cap.
- The observation bunker doesn't seem worth it in its current state and doesn't fit the theme of the commander in my opinion. I would expect a strategic reserves commander with assault grenadiers and improved tanks to be focused on mobility.
13 Apr 2019, 21:22 PM

I'd like to suggest replacing the observation bunker with USF raid tactics. This ability gives +7 sight to infantry and allows light vehicles to cap at a rate of 3 with a duration of 45 seconds.

Reasons:
- Like USF, Ostheer puts emphasis on light vehicle play, this ability fits that.
- It can fill the role of the recon ability for this commander. Pioneer would have 52 sight, for example.
- Raid Tactics currently doesn't see much use. This is because pathfinders already provide 55 sight and USF can let their light vehicle crews cap.
- The observation bunker doesn't seem worth it in its current state and doesn't fit the theme of the commander in my opinion. I would expect a strategic reserves commander with assault grenadiers and improved tanks to be focused on mobility.

This sounds good. You can also give light vehicles like 222s the radio intercept ability instead of +7 sight to infantry
17 Apr 2019, 17:28 PM

Core changes ver.4:

Ostwind

The unit seem to be way to lethal currently. In addition the lower scatter will make it even worse vs vehicles.

Suggestions:
Toned down lethality but increase durability and increase utility by making it better vs Light vehicles

Durability compared to Centaur:
Target size: 22 Armor: 110/55 vs Target size: 18 Armor: 160/80

One could increase accuracy so it can actually hit light vehicles or offer to fire modes one HE one AP vs vehicles.

Maybe add suppression as timed vet 1 ability.

StuG III G
Replace the vet 1 TWP ability with something more useful like a camo, tracking or an AP round.

Panzergrenadiers
Imo very expensive and powerful units should not be available early in the game. If they appear early units should be inline with mainline infatry and get weapon upgrades as the game progresses.

The reinforcement time for the unit (and possibly the built time) need to be look at.
In addition the 3 G43 don't really work for the unit.

Suggestions:
REDUCE reinforcement time
Pg cost down to 280-300 now spawn with 2 k98 2 G43 or 2 k98 +2 ST44.

Upgrades available:
2 Shreck replace the G43 (or 1+1)
2 2 ST44 for 60 mu
Doctrinal 2 G43 for 20 MU
OR
Since the ability does not specify a weapon upgrade one could redesing the G43 to be more like the Garrand and the ability now grands 4+1 G43 increase squad size to 5.
17 Apr 2019, 23:27 PM

I think Ostwind SHOULD be able to counter armored cars and light tanks, but Ostwind lethality must be lowered.
17 Apr 2019, 23:28 PM

Far and Mid Area of Effect should be toned down in damage multipliers.
18 Apr 2019, 00:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Unrelated: Can someone explain what VonIvan did with the sturmtiger in the highlight video?
18 Apr 2019, 00:21 AM

Unrelated: Can someone explain what VonIvan did with the sturmtiger in the highlight video?

It was probably caused by the vehicle wreck infront of the hedges, which caused the rocket to go up.
18 Apr 2019, 21:34 PM

Regarding the v5.0 changes, I still don't think the radio bunker is worth building. For 60 munitions on top of the 200MP cost, the flare range is far too short. I'd say the flare ability needs 40-50% longer range or the flares need to be considerably cheaper than 60 munitions.

Side note, I'm not sure what camo is accomplishing when it's a bunker that needs to be garrisoned? It doesn't appear that the squad/mg inside is also camouflaged. If the point is to just be an sneaky intel structure similar to Pathfinder radio beacons, then just make it a small non garrison-able structure.

Ostwind change is fair. PGren changes are nice.
18 Apr 2019, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2019, 21:34 PMSully
Side note, I'm not sure what camo is accomplishing when it's a bunker that needs to be garrisoned? It doesn't appear that the squad/mg inside is also camouflaged. If the point is to just be an sneaky intel structure similar to Pathfinder radio beacons, then just make it a small non garrison-able structure.

Bunker is just a placeholder model. It will be replaced for the final version of the patch by a more fitting model and it likely won't garrisson infantry.
19 Apr 2019, 16:39 PM

Glad that Forward Supply Station was removed. It's good ability and needed, just not in this commander. Observation bunkers are much more interesting, but Detection recharge should be 100-110 sec, not 90. Also, camo makes it much more potent.

Breakthrough Equipment - fine changes overall.

About Pz.4J. How about spotting scopes upgrade for it? Scopes will give it +7 or +10 sight range when tank is stationary. It will fit reconnaissance theme of commander.
20 Apr 2019, 01:54 AM

If the Radio Bunkers prove to be a hassle, what about a passive speed bonus for armour when out of combat and in friendly territory?

The commander's meant to represent a division that reacts to holes in the lines. Having your armor be able to traverse your territory quickly would fit that theme pretty well.
22 Apr 2019, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2019, 21:34 PMSully
Regarding the v5.0 changes, I still don't think the radio bunker is worth building. For 60 munitions on top of the 200MP cost, the flare range is far too short. I'd say the flare ability needs 40-50% longer range or the flares need to be considerably cheaper than 60 munitions.

Ostwind change is fair. PGren changes are nice.

+1
22 Apr 2019, 12:28 PM

I would be very happy to see the radio bunker switched with radio silence. Other than that, the commander looks good.
22 Apr 2019, 12:38 PM

Just replace the bunker with the spearhead ability form tiger ace as an ability for all tanks. It s a good design and it keeps up with the theme. Lower the cost of the ace as a rezult. Just a bit.
22 Apr 2019, 12:58 PM

What Vipper says makes sense for the most part and brings me to the thought that since this commander or doctrine or whatever you wanna call it is as far I can tell based on the elite "Großdeutschland" division which was a highly mechanized and elite unit of the Heer that served for the most part on the Eastern Front and was at several crucial battles such as Kursk, the Rzhev Meatgrinder and Kharkov. In essence they were a highly mobile reserve force often called in to plug gaps in the frontline or push out Soviet punches in the German lines.

So if the Assault Grenadiers and Tiger Ace are proving too hard to handle in terms of balance and design replacing them with Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers or a Mechanized group with a 250 HT and replacing the Ace with a normal Tiger or a KT wouldn't be too far off from reality and the theme of the commander.

I mean they even had stuff like Recon and Fusilier units which are represented with the Jaegers and Panzerfusiliers from the OKW basically so there's lots of options.

It will be very interesting to see Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers back into the action, much needed infantry for this doctrine. KT seems a good idea too.
22 Apr 2019, 13:01 PM

It will be very interesting to see Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers back into the action, much needed infantry for this doctrine. KT seems a good idea too.

Something tells me there is less then 0 chance for DUAL FLAMER DURABLE INFANTRY to ever be introduced into the game.
22 Apr 2019, 13:02 PM

Bunker soooooooo useless……how about G43 or camouflage?
22 Apr 2019, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 13:01 PMKatitof

Something tells me there is less then 0 chance for DUAL FLAMER DURABLE INFANTRY to ever be introduced into the game.

agreed. Even if the Pgrens had only 1 flamer it would create a unnecessary precedent. Currently only pios can use flamers which is good imo. There is no need for urban pgrens, Assgrens can clean houses with grenades.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS