Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
23 Apr 2019, 18:34 PM

The Calliope doesn't really need those as its big HP pool allows it to drive up close to minimize scatter and gives plenty of time to react to a dive. Can't have it all.

What the point here? How do you react to a dive if you have nothing to defend your calliope?
Calliope having biggest scatter in exchange of a biggest lifepool is a fair balance but it doesn't mean your calliope is safe from diving.
23 Apr 2019, 22:03 PM

I just wanted to remind people Major Recon is a way to spot for you Calliope.
24 Apr 2019, 07:09 AM

Thankfully nobody talk about spotting.
24 Apr 2019, 13:56 PM

Sadly, many players do not realize you can call in recon from major even with deployed "forward retreat" ability.
24 Apr 2019, 20:26 PM

I still say this Commander is really good, on virtue of having elites and rocket arty, filling holes in the USF rooster.
24 Apr 2019, 22:30 PM
Patrion 26

Should the paras from Airborne Company also get improved bazookas? It would be a really nice buff for that commander.
24 Apr 2019, 22:33 PM

Should the paras from Airborne Company also get improved bazookas? It would be a really nice buff for that commander.

December patch:
"Any Paratrooper with a Bazooka gets the improved variant."
24 Apr 2019, 22:42 PM

They already do.

They're looking to put in a UI indicator to actually tell you Paratroopers and Rangers get super bazookas.
24 Apr 2019, 22:43 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 22:33 PMVipper

December patch:
"Any Paratrooper with a Bazooka gets the improved variant."

I just tried Airborne with version 6.0 and they don't have the new bazooker icon, so I assume they don't get the improved versions.

Hopefully they will though, as it makes sense ('any paratrooper') and it's a great buff to another US commander.
24 Apr 2019, 22:46 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 22:42 PMLago

They already do.

They're looking to put in a UI indicator to actually tell you Paratroopers and Rangers get super bazookas.

When they say paratroopers I suspect they mean the ones from the Recon Support commander, as they were the first to get the super bazookas.
So they may have forgotten to add it to the paras from Airborne, hopefully that isn't the case.
24 Apr 2019, 22:55 PM

When they say paratroopers I suspect they mean the ones from the Recon Support commander, as they were the first to get the super bazookas.
So they may have forgotten to add it to the paras from Airborne, hopefully that isn't the case.

They explicitly added it to Airborne Paratroopers in DBP.

It's in the patch notes if you're willing to scroll back far enough.
24 Apr 2019, 22:59 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 22:55 PMLago

They explicitly added it to Airborne Paratroopers in DBP.

It's in the patch notes if you're willing to scroll back far enough.

Thanks for the info! I somehow managed to miss that.
24 Apr 2019, 23:01 PM

Thanks for the info! I somehow managed to miss that.

So did most of the community. That's why they're adding the UI indicators.

Hopefully Commandos get them too, given they get super Brens.
25 Apr 2019, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 23:01 PMLago

So did most of the community. That's why they're adding the UI indicators.

Hopefully Commandos get them too, given they get super Brens.

They are already using the better bren(before nerf version)

25 Apr 2019, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2019, 06:19 AMblancat
They are already using the better bren(before nerf version)

Commandos get a special Commando-only variant of the Bren that does about twice as much damage as a Tommy Bren and fires on the move.
26 Apr 2019, 01:25 AM
Patrion 14

The new dozer upgrade seems a desirable upgrade now and the cost change is in line with what one would expect for a tank of that caliber to be.

However, this raises a new problem: Will the Mechanised Commander still have access to it? Mechanised is already the commander with a lot (if not too many) good things combined into one commander. Personally, I'd argue in favour of removing it from mechanised to avoid that one of the standout features of this commander is also within Mechanised.

I couldn't make much use of cover to cover yet. I'm not sure if the pure smoke shell wasn't more desirable as it seems to have more uses and is cheaper.

The calliope seems better, but it still manages to miss a lot. I think it's okay like this, but one could consider lowering the reload between barrages a bit.
26 Apr 2019, 10:28 AM

I suggested removing it from Mechanized a few weeks ago. Sadly the idea has very little support.
27 Apr 2019, 11:54 AM
Patrion 14

Got another game in. Cover to cover seems to miss something. I have to actively force myself to use it and it doesn't seem to be just me as during the games Miragefla was able to set up in yesterday's stream, no one seemed to use it as well.

Smoke is mostly to save a tank or flank/smoke an mg, but in both cases you don't need sprint. So you end up overpaying every time you use it for those purposes, which seem to be the only ones. The increase to three shells also doesn't do much in my book as 3 are as good as 1 shell for those scenarios and increasing the number of shells doesn't help to make the ability more appealing.

20s is also not realistically useable since it's within the radius of the cast ability not global.

My suggestion: lower the cost to 50 munition, make it 1 smoke shell with faster cast time and sprint for units within 30 for 5 seconds. With this the ability is relatively cheap (almost as cheap as smoke pods for the ost commander). The faster cast time makes it overall more useful. Maybe also make it possible to be cast without line of sight.
27 Apr 2019, 12:10 PM

Got another game in. Cover to cover seems to miss something. I have to actively force myself to use it and it doesn't seem to be just me as during the games Miragefla was able to set up in yesterday's stream, no one seemed to use it as well.

Smoke is mostly to save a tank or flank/smoke an mg, but in both cases you don't need sprint. So you end up overpaying every time you use it for those purposes, which seem to be the only ones. The increase to three shells also doesn't do much in my book as 3 are as good as 1 shell for those scenarios and increasing the number of shells doesn't help to make the ability more appealing.

20s is also not realistically useable since it's within the radius of the cast ability not global.

My suggestion: lower the cost to 50 munition, make it 1 smoke shell with faster cast time and sprint for units within 30 for 5 seconds. With this the ability is cheap (almost as cheap as smoke pods for the ost commander) and gains is more appealing due to the low cost. The faster cast time makes it overall more powerful.

Most people don't like gimmicks, that's why.
27 Apr 2019, 12:41 PM
Patrion 14

Most people don't like gimmicks, that's why.
I don't know. Look at smoke pots. It's gimmicky, but it is a very good ability. It both gives you a way to smoke a front/mg or save a tank or you can use it to just gain intel on your opponent. The cheap cost also means that you'll never be in a situation where you will not be able to use it. So, gimmicky doesn't automatically make an ability not being used.

Otherwise they could just turn it into something like the "Assault and Hold" of the German Infantry commander. It's 70 munitions as well, global, increases capping and gives an nice offensive bonus that is worth getting sometimes even if you're not planning on capturing territory.

Or an entirely new ability, like

"Dig in"
US infantry in heavy cover and buildings is instructed to dig in. They receive a -10% (or something more appropriate) to their received accuracy and 10% to their rate of fire.

It could be a passive or an active ability like the Con hurrah for 20 munition for 20 seconds or so. Depending on how it is implemented the bonuses need to be different. A flat passive cannot be very strong.

Fits the urban theme perfectly.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight