Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
20 Apr 2019, 11:26 AM

I mean I can go back and fourth all day with asymmetrically balanced things. Pfusi for example in the test mod. They're "doctrinal" yet they're trash tier without upgrades. Doctrinal =/= OP AF.

The point is, HE sherman doesn't need an HP and armor boost, not while jackson is curb stomping anything and everything and 2x scotts are near undefeatable.

Jackson is not always penetrating its target, and Sherman can't brawl. If you give USF an effective brawler tank, we can discuss a Jackson nerf. Jackson is fine as it is.
20 Apr 2019, 12:33 PM

A Meatshield tank works tho both thematically and functionally. You want your most tough tank spearheading the assault which includes towns as well.

An outright Sherman Jumbo I'd get, like a sort of USF KV-1 thing.

As people keep pointing out to me, the Dozer Blade upgrade turns it into a slow premium medium. Does that count?
20 Apr 2019, 15:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Jackson is not always penetrating its target, and Sherman can't brawl. If you give USF an effective brawler tank, we can discuss a Jackson nerf. Jackson is fine as it is.

KT didn't always penetrate its target either pre nerf, yet was considered an "I win" button. This logic has too many holes.
20 Apr 2019, 16:03 PM

Invised post for defamation. If you can't respect other forum goers, don't post
20 Apr 2019, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 12:33 PMLago

An outright Sherman Jumbo I'd get, like a sort of USF KV-1 thing.

As people keep pointing out to me, the Dozer Blade upgrade turns it into a slow premium medium. Does that count?

USF already has the E8 and 76mm gun Sherman as "premium mediums" so I don't think the dozer blade should turn the ordinary 75mm gun Shermans into a slow variant of that.

Just making it into it's own thing without the special ammo and beefing it up a notch to it's a slow meatshield type tank would be the ideal solution to solve the Urban commander's lack of a unique tank and the USF's lack of a meatshield in general.

Just call it a Bulldozer Sherman (defacto Jumbo in-game) and be done with it.
20 Apr 2019, 19:02 PM

KT didn't always penetrate its target either pre nerf, yet was considered an "I win" button. This logic has too many holes.

KT may didn't, but it has more armor than Jackson. With the KT you could bounce 1/5 shots, while Jackson can't bounce a shot due to low armor value. Yeah, the current KT is trash, but still can bounce some shots. Jackson will be 100% penetrated.
20 Apr 2019, 20:54 PM

Still that is power creep, even though you pay for it.

That's a problem of USF initial design. Initial flaw. And this problem can't be resolved.

Imagine if pz4 could pay side armor skirts, tungsten rounds for extra pen and he rounds like Sherman's.

But it technically was that way... Elite Armored. Double vet 1-2 Pz.4J call-in, skirts were 80 muni, if I remember correctly. And the tank was better than T-34.
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 19:20 PMLago

But true, I don't much like the idea of a T-34/76 upgrading into a KV-1, and this is pretty much the same thing.

I think it should at least cost fuel and be mutually exclusive with the .50 cal.

Ideally, ditch it entirely and add some sort of Sherman Jumbo unit instead.

It is still far from KV-1 in many aspects. The only possible problem is potency against infantry... But Brumbar more potent anyway. And 105-mm arguably too.

I liked your idea about icon, but I don't think right now upgraded Sherman overperforms.

Munitions matter far less the later the game goes, and generally get dumped into 1-2 abilities like CAS.

I am totally disagree. Fuels matters less to the point of float, because you don't have pop for tanks. Or you heavily lack manpower in the worst case.

If the cost of the upgrades matters, T34s should be receiving a nerf to their MGs since their hull MGs deal equal DPS to that of the 3 MGs on the p4s, except P4s are required to pay for it.

If you're compare like this, than don't forget how good T-34's main gun in comparison to OST Pz.4 main gun.
21 Apr 2019, 00:10 AM

Jackson didn't wipe full 5 man squads in 1 shot, and didn't have over 1000 health and actual armor. That's why KT was considered "I win" button, not because of its pen (not like you need pen to kill like 90% of allied tanks anyway lol).
21 Apr 2019, 00:13 AM

Jackson didn't wipe full 5 man squads in 1 shot, and didn't have over 1000 health and actual armor. That's why KT was considered "I win" button, not because of its pen (not like you need pen to kill like 90% of allied tanks anyway lol).

No kidding. but we're ignoring the fact the jackson has near zero downsides except "it has low armor", which can actually deflect p4 rounds. Lets be real though, jacksons, double scotts, cav rifles in WC51, they're all fine because #USFNEVEROP
21 Apr 2019, 00:55 AM

No kidding. but we're ignoring the fact the jackson has near zero downsides except "it has low armor", which can actually deflect p4 rounds. Lets be real though, jacksons, double scotts, cav rifles in WC51, they're all fine because #USFNEVEROP

Wait what's the percent chance jackson actualy bounces a P4?

Oh yeah for sure, I agree with what you're saying (noting the sarcasm) but I was just pointing out that pen wasn't the reason KT was strong lol.
21 Apr 2019, 01:11 AM

Wait what's the percent chance jackson actualy bounces a P4?

Oh yeah for sure, I agree with what you're saying (noting the sarcasm) but I was just pointing out that pen wasn't the reason KT was strong lol.

110/115/125 over 130. Not a lot but once in a bluemoon. You'd see more bounces from the firefly which sits at 160 (for some reason). Pen is probably one of the KTs weakest stats, if you ignore scatter and speed... But yes, it wasn't a problem back then. Moreso because HEAT ammends that issue and double tap back then was disgusting.
21 Apr 2019, 02:23 AM

Nothing like the old KT two shotting Jacksons that couldn't penetrate it.

But we should go back to discussing the Commander, I don't think the Dozerblades buff will push USF Major Tier over the top, Jackson might be strong but USF stock has no other option to deal with armor. I don't think they can nerf it without some compensation, not to mention the Jackson isn't part of Urban Assault, heh.
21 Apr 2019, 02:30 AM

KT may didn't, but it has more armor than Jackson. With the KT you could bounce 1/5 shots, while Jackson can't bounce a shot due to low armor value. Yeah, the current KT is trash, but still can bounce some shots. Jackson will be 100% penetrated.

What is 60 range :bananadance:
21 Apr 2019, 02:45 AM

Hard to spot vs the old KT that would one-shot your squads.
Or the Shreckblob preventing flanks.
Now back to Urban Assault pls, I wanna see more arguments against or in favour of the buff to Dozerblades.
21 Apr 2019, 04:14 AM

What is 60 range :bananadance:

Sniper range.
21 Apr 2019, 05:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Sniper range.

Sniper range is 50.
21 Apr 2019, 05:31 AM

Sniper range is 50.

Then how would we describe 60 range?
21 Apr 2019, 07:07 AM

Somehow now KT ALWAYS 1 SHOT WIPE SQUADS. Cut the BS now. I see more Sherman's wiping 5 man volks than KT in the field.

Jacksons are way out of the chart OP and the only excuse I hear is "is the only option to fight off armour". That's true because there is no need for jacksons. Until that happens, E8 S76 and M10 will kept being overshadowed and the only option will always be M36s...
21 Apr 2019, 11:06 AM

the jackson has near zero downsides except it has low armor

Panther has near zero downsides except it has lower range lol

Jackson is fine or nerf it and add some non doc premium tank because right now jackson is core of usf army if u nerf it u will nerf whole usf late game. And pls dont drag here aguments that triple scott is very strong because stuka is more potent and arives couple of minutes before scott and scott need more micro of course especially when u have more than one so i guess we must live with that so pls adapt already.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight