Login

russian armor

OKW Commanders 2019

13 Mar 2019, 10:59 AM

UPDATE. SEE LAST POST.

Hi community,

just a quick question. Which OKW commanders do you prefer atm?

I bought the reworked overwatch doctrine yesterday. I have to test it, not sure how it will go in the long run. What do you think about it?

Most of the time i have breakthrough (fusseliers and jagdtiger) or Elite Armor.

I m happy with Breakthrought but the sturmtiger in Elite Armore give me so much headache so i dont pick it anymore.

I heard a lot that Fortification is strong but i never got why, could someone explain the highlight of it?
I also like the Falschirmjäger but the last ability i so shit that i dont pick it anymore.

Thank you
13 Mar 2019, 11:23 AM

Hi,

Special ops dcotrine on slot 1, the flares are the best recon ability ingame (imo), the infiltration grenades are slow but can screw enemy team weapons (if he is not paying attention) and the command panther is simply a beast on the field.

Fortifications doctrine on slot 2, the bunkers build by volks are handy to keep your cut-off clear from being taken. Later in the game you can set up the 105mm howitzer to barage enemy strong points (or his base), and the PaK 43 has great range and deals punches nothing els does. To top it of with zeroing artillery wich just gets stronger the longer you have vision on the ability location.

Scavenge doctrine on slot 3, the JLI are beast and with the infiltration grenades on them only buffs them more. The passive bonus on your scrapping ability comes in handy aswell, as does the 105mm barrage.
13 Mar 2019, 15:25 PM

Spec Ops is a must in all modes

Overwatch is still very good with free spotting like spec ops and JLI which are still good

In team games breakthrough is probably your best flex 3 slot. JT is very good on some maps and is typically a counter for things like isu. Other good flexs are something like a fort/scavenge commander combo. Elite armored is better in 1v1 but is still very good in team games.
13 Mar 2019, 15:33 PM

Thank you for the answers. Btw i play the most time 2v2 games. Seems that i should play more with spec ops : )
7 Apr 2019, 13:50 PM

Spec Ops, Fortification for sure. Spec Ops IS SO good in 2v2's it's all you can ever go, for better or worse.
7 Apr 2019, 16:14 PM

IMO spec ops should always be in your loadout. You get the best recon in the game, IR stgs, a super cheap nade, and the command panther. You won’t have any heavy offmap strikes but that usually isn’t an issue in 1s and your teammates will appreciate the recon for theirs.
11 Apr 2019, 19:54 PM

Spec Ops, Fortifications, Feverstrum.

I really like Firestorm because of the assault package and Hetzer 38.

13 Sep 2019, 18:20 PM

So here we are again. What did change in the last months for you? Luftwaffen seems pretty strong atm and i always liked the falschirmjägers. How do you think about it?
15 Sep 2019, 04:02 AM

So here we are again. What did change in the last months for you? Luftwaffen seems pretty strong atm and i always liked the falschirmjägers. How do you think about it?

Breakthrough is really good, but you need to run a tight ship with early game.
Luftwaffe is strongest middle game.
Overwatch is very strong early game.

Base your choice of your strength naturally early, mid, late and adapt. I find I punch way above my level with early game drop to so so at mid game and usually lose late game. I pick commanders that help me late game. Personally I find breakthrough really strong.

Mostly geared to 1v1s
18 Sep 2019, 00:12 AM

After the patch Sturm Pio's seem very fragile for some reason. They seem to be getting shredded early game and losing multiple figures to single tank shots.
18 Sep 2019, 08:09 AM

They were always fragile in my opinion.... high dps and good flanking unit but fragile.
19 Sep 2019, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 00:12 AMPskov
After the patch Sturm Pio's seem very fragile for some reason. They seem to be getting shredded early game and losing multiple figures to single tank shots.

Had the same feeling with sturmpio's after the patch, as if the sturmpio's unit size has been increased (which isnt but still...)

Nowadays I focus more on double volksgren -> luchs -> raketten -> Obersoldaten(x3) -> raketten -> P4 -> Panther/jagdtiger.

However I think the range decrease on the jagdtiger was uncalled for. If more balance was needed they should've increased the cost or decreased the fire speed or increased the CP needed or whatever. The Jagdtigers PaK 44 was a superior gun to all other AT guns in WW2, it shouldn't been brought in line with Jackson/su85/firefly ranges. ~my opinion tho :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak