Login

russian armor

How do people feel about cav rifles?

9 Mar 2019, 17:21 PM

Disclaimer: This is NOT a balance thread, sorry if that isn't clear in the title. I wanted to leave it rather open ended but I have no intention of debating balance on the unit.

I'm just interested to hear what people think about cav rifles in general.
9 Mar 2019, 17:22 PM

good cqc unit and u can even add a bar
9 Mar 2019, 18:40 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I find them to be a bit strong. They also have a ton of utility for.... idk reasons...
9 Mar 2019, 18:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I find them kind of meh unless you put them in a jeep, where they become super OP.
9 Mar 2019, 18:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 18:43 PMTobis
I find them kind of meh unless you put them in a jeep, where they become super OP.

Basically this^ The issue is probably a combination of fausts not working correctly vs WC51, thompson DPS curve, raketen etc. I think the unit might perform a bit better if they had slightly better RA base and couldn't cheese with the WC51.
9 Mar 2019, 19:29 PM

I think people are happy to point at the Cav Rifles for the WC, when with the 1CP timing it's not exactly hard to replace that unit with a Captain with a bar. The damage is pretty similar given the officer also brings a Thompson.

Wouldn't be quite as good, sure, but it'll be dang close.
9 Mar 2019, 20:22 PM

i actually tried to switch RE with the crew of the jeep, hilarity ensued as they deal low damage but people are fucking scared of hearing the grease gun noise, so they instant retreat thinking they are smg lvl of damage, was laughing too hard that i could not micro the jeep well
ddd
9 Mar 2019, 21:41 PM

I think they are super strong against okw paired with jeep but it seems balance team chose to fight broken with broken instead of fixing usf mainline infantry.
9 Mar 2019, 23:16 PM

They are good, great utility and great veterancy, they need their Thompsons to be an actual threat. I fear they will get nerfed due to the WC51 bug, when they aren't that good, outside of ambushes or cheesing with that bloody bugged truck.
9 Mar 2019, 23:24 PM

Solid CQC infantry: worth mixing with midrange infantry, but they don't tread on elites. The balance team did a really good job on them.
11 Mar 2019, 14:31 PM

This ^
11 Mar 2019, 15:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think people are happy to point at the Cav Rifles for the WC, when with the 1CP timing it's not exactly hard to replace that unit with a Captain with a bar. The damage is pretty similar given the officer also brings a Thompson.

But the BAR isn't as good as an extra thompson (again, for wiping), the rifles are MUCH worse than grease guns, and finally, the captain/lieutenant thompson is noticeably weaker than the ranger/para/cav rifle thompson. I see your point, but I think that cav rifles are a clear step above a bar captain when used in the wc51.
11 Mar 2019, 16:31 PM

Oh, they are. It's a definite upgrade, but that's the difference of a dedicated CQC squad. Didn't realize there was a Thompson disparity, though - interesting to know!

Perhaps the thompsons could be locked behind having an officer on field to help give people time to secure fausts or at guns? Or at the very least more squads on field for safety in numbers and focus fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 21
unknown 5
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak