Login

russian armor

Ossssstruppen strat?

28 Sep 2013, 12:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Somebody pls try it who has ostruppen DLC commander.
BO like this: t1,ost,sniper,ost,sniper,sniper,ost,ost,ost,ost then bring something you need? (ost=ostruppen)
28 Sep 2013, 15:35 PM

Well i like taking alot(really alot) of Ost. early to overwhell soviets positions (even tought you might not win 1v1 you can just send in more and more in.And in cover they are very effective. Then i take some MG42's in trenches so that you can protect/support better the Ostruppen while they zone out any light vehicle since they got PanzerFaust.

Once you can get tier 3 building get StugIII/P4(depends on map too) and deal up with any armour he can have. Or if the enemy just keeps doing infantry you can go Flakpanzer(Ostwind) or double Flame HF and keep the Victory points safe.

Edit:
Also consider taking the Officer early too so it can boost the ostruppen accuracy making them extremely good at range in cover
29 Sep 2013, 09:07 AM

I've tried it a couple of times, it sort of works. You can contest as much of the map as the soviets with the cheap units that it feels kind of like piospam to me.

The osttruppen are really crap, but they're decent for delaying if you keep them in cover or buildings.

You can then use an MG to keep you most important point(s) and a sniper or two to actually kill something while you tech.

I am not really convinced that it works once people learn the new commander, it seems awfully hard to keep your cutoff if the opponent really focuses. It's good for punishing soviets who like to spread out and harass though since you can have more units than him and it seems to throw people off.
29 Sep 2013, 10:37 AM

you guys really need to watch my stream tho...
29 Sep 2013, 11:34 AM

Permanently Banned
I really would see Barton do ostruppen-sniper spam with S-mine field spam then pak+ brummbar :)
29 Sep 2013, 12:05 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 11:34 AMakosi
I really would see Barton do ostruppen-sniper spam with S-mine field spam then pak+ brummbar :)

I believe on friday he streamed games involving osttruppen spam and sniper spam. You can view his past broadcasts.
29 Sep 2013, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 12:05 PMThrill

I believe on friday he streamed games involving osttruppen spam and sniper spam. You can view his past broadcasts.

Yes, he did that. Very effective strat.
29 Sep 2013, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 11:34 AMakosi

S-mines are lame, never build them, Brumbars will never happen since all Fuels are going for redistribute resources (a.k.a Tellers and Railways for that)
29 Sep 2013, 13:28 PM

what bulletins are the most effective ones for osssssttruppen strat? barton you got any suggestions?
29 Sep 2013, 19:11 PM

this one for Sniper, and since we dont have bulletins for Ostruppens so probably last two for PG's
30 Sep 2013, 15:57 PM

S-mines are lame, never build them, Brumbars will never happen since all Fuels are going for redistribute resources (a.k.a Tellers and Railways for that)

Yes, Yes, Yes! I need to see these past streams as, this was my idea when the commander was introduced.

I always felt x6 ost was the perfect number, as they always travel 2x2 or preferably all together. This way, when you finally do get 1CP for Atry officer 7 units getting arty Focus Fire, is rediculous (even more with recent patch buff of 15%!).

The early map capping is insane with ost. too.
1 Oct 2013, 17:27 PM

I saw the previous streams Barton; you were cracking me up when your internet radio wasn't working.

I specifically remember the langres one as you were able to hold back, i think, 3 Kv-8s? Which was my fear of a hard counter to this strat. Teller mines and PG shrecks were key thou.

I like the build alot, i think if one keeps their sniper count at 3 and ost count at 4-6 then the strat will work perfectly (obviously, keep your micro-capping up too), as all your ost. can fire their shrecks like hotcakes, if any vehicles come out.

I would liked to have seen a M3-Quad/earlier T-70 along with a kv-8 against this build, as i feel the few russian players you did play with this build were WAY too agressive with their vehicles and lost them to tellers so quickly.
2 Oct 2013, 17:13 PM

I always wanna ask - when Officer near my infantry, he is give them buff automatically or only when you use Inspire ability?
2 Oct 2013, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2013, 17:13 PMHevlok
I always wanna ask - when Officer near my infantry, he is give them buff automatically or only when you use Inspire ability?

No without ability he is just another grenadier squad. Use the ability often its quite cheap for the boost it gives
2 Oct 2013, 21:49 PM

Thank you =)

And guys, what about blletins for osttruppen? They just haven't it?
4 Oct 2013, 14:40 PM

I hate these kind of strats, they win games but its just back to coh spam, what a shame relic felt the need to add a spammable unit to the game.

its just given complete map control to a side that isn't even designed to need it.
4 Oct 2013, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2013, 21:49 PMHevlok
Thank you =)

And guys, what about blletins for osttruppen? They just haven't it?

theres no bulletins for Ostruppen, so just use the bulletins for support weapons like MG42, Sniper, Mortar or even go for Armour bulletins
5 Oct 2013, 10:37 AM

theres no bulletins for Ostruppen, so just use the bulletins for support weapons like MG42, Sniper, Mortar or even go for Armour bulletins

yeah I tried mg mortar, but because of the static nature of these units you tend to lose the map to Ost also Ost spam generally has snipers mixed in with it, problem seems to be the cost is so low as is the upkeep, also the faust ability plus the same commander allowing conversion of fuel to ammo means they can volley faust any vehicles you get.
5 Oct 2013, 11:55 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Making a proper guide for this type of strategy. Look out for it in the near future.
5 Oct 2013, 14:48 PM

Making a proper guide for this type of strategy. Look out for it in the near future.

that will be interesting :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak