Login

russian armor

Sniper or mortar?

3 Mar 2019, 22:47 PM

I usually go with mg and then 3 grens as ostheer but then I usually want to get either a sniper or a mortar right after (I’ll occasionally skip both in certain situations). At present pretty much the only big deciding factors for me are whether or not I feel like I need a countersniper (so I build a sniper) or if he’s usf and has gone LT (because then I avoid building a sniper because the M20 scares the hell out of me if I have a sniper on the field).

Just wanted to get some opinions and different takes on which one is better or in which situations to use them or whatever.
3 Mar 2019, 23:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Can you protec ze snooper?
---- yes ----> get snooper

---- no ----> get mortar

---- want fun? ----> Get pgrens :D
4 Mar 2019, 00:29 AM

Can you protec ze snooper?
---- yes ----> get snooper

---- no ----> get mortar

---- want fun? ----> Get pgrens :D

Ok so that's pretty much what I've been doing lol. Would you say sniper is superior to mortar overall (or in certain situations)? Because the mortar is definitely less micro lmao.

I love pgrens so much but I usually don't see a ton of incentive to build them with 3 grens unless they have a lot of cqc inf or I feel like I need handheld AT. They do their jobs very well though.
4 Mar 2019, 01:02 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Ok so that's pretty much what I've been doing lol. Would you say sniper is superior to mortar overall (or in certain situations)? Because the mortar is definitely less micro lmao.

I love pgrens so much but I usually don't see a ton of incentive to build them with 3 grens unless they have a lot of cqc inf or I feel like I need handheld AT. They do their jobs very well though.

I mean my response was more of a joke but there's some truth to it. The sniper is I'd say, completely map dependant, as well as faction dependant. People don't usually build them against soviets unless its to counter snipe, becauase 6 man squads and typically lower mp bleed per shot. However there's a large psychological factor within the unit as well. If you know your opponet hates them, A.K.A. if you ever play me and can keep it alive, I'll tilt mega hard and make typically stupid plays.

As far as Pgrens go I almost always build them unless I don't feel the map allows it A.K.A. arnhem checkpoint. They may not be able to charge up to nearly any squad and win all the time, and you need to be a bit cheeky with them, but they protect support teams damn well. Especially non retreat support teams like the pak gun. In situations where BAR rifles are charging up to your AT guns, pgrens are unparalleled in power to stop charges and allow to retain veterancy on those AT guns. Similarly they can stop rushes on mortar teams and MGs so your opponet can't toss grenades.

I wouldn't say either is superior, they both have their own quirks. Snipers can handle infantry a bit better so long as they have an infantry or MG shield themselves. The mortar is more defensive, but the smoke is something the sniper doesn't have.
4 Mar 2019, 02:15 AM

I mean my response was more of a joke but there's some truth to it. The sniper is I'd say, completely map dependant, as well as faction dependant. People don't usually build them against soviets unless its to counter snipe, becauase 6 man squads and typically lower mp bleed per shot. However there's a large psychological factor within the unit as well. If you know your opponet hates them, A.K.A. if you ever play me and can keep it alive, I'll tilt mega hard and make typically stupid plays.

As far as Pgrens go I almost always build them unless I don't feel the map allows it A.K.A. arnhem checkpoint. They may not be able to charge up to nearly any squad and win all the time, and you need to be a bit cheeky with them, but they protect support teams damn well. Especially non retreat support teams like the pak gun. In situations where BAR rifles are charging up to your AT guns, pgrens are unparalleled in power to stop charges and allow to retain veterancy on those AT guns. Similarly they can stop rushes on mortar teams and MGs so your opponet can't toss grenades.

I wouldn't say either is superior, they both have their own quirks. Snipers can handle infantry a bit better so long as they have an infantry or MG shield themselves. The mortar is more defensive, but the smoke is something the sniper doesn't have.

Yeah I pretty much use pgrens in the same way as you describe. I really do love them vs. usf especially since they counter aggressive play really well. Its just sometimes I feel like I can't really find the manpower or pop to fit them in I guess.

Well thanks for the thoughts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 17
Germany 1
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %