Login

russian armor

Which Portraits will the upcoming new commanders use?

2 Mar 2019, 18:21 PM

Title says it all.
Can the current team add new commander portrait graphics into the game or is there already some hidden in the game files? If so, is it possible to predict which commander portraits will be used, and if that is the case, can someone show them to me.
2 Mar 2019, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2019, 18:21 PMFluffi
Title says it all.
Can the current team add new commander portrait graphics into the game or is there already some hidden in the game files? If so, is it possible to predict which commander portraits will be used, and if that is the case, can someone show them to me.

I think that Relic should have some portrait graphics left from the non-released commanders. Lets hope there are enough for all 5 factions.
2 Mar 2019, 20:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

There are at least these guys left:

I see two ways to go:
1. Use these portraits + combination of available assets for OKW and UKF and others. But only combine assets EFA with EFA and WFA with WFA because of difference in style and quality. Сheap and cheerful.
2. Ask some professional artist to help, like RitaRush for example. Cool and good-quality. Especially for unique suggestion like Red Army Airborne!
2 Mar 2019, 20:30 PM

Interesting, thanks! Soviets have 2 choices here. I'd prefer it if they'd use the guy with the tanker's hat, because he looks more unique and transports more atmosphere.
I generally agree that the integration of graphics by the commuity's most talented people should be allowed. For example, I would be strongly be in favor of the portrait normalization that you suggested in that thread you keep updating, Osinyagov.
Vanilla CoH 1 had almost perfect "normalization"/consistency in terms of the game's art aspect - every portrait fit the represented unit, there was no "placeholder voice lines" like "Good news! The ability is ready for use!" or "Unit ready". Things only changed later with updates, when suddenly stormtroopers didn't come with all Blitz tank call-ins anymore, yet the icon showed it that way, and when for PE the Panzergrens had normal german helmets and uniforms, yet in the field they had weird green helmets and jackets etc... Relic got sloppy later down the road, it seems :P

Oh, what greatness CoH 2 could be, visually, if only they fixed consistency and made the UI more minimalistic and pragmatic (with less distracting unnecessary contrast and details).
2 Mar 2019, 21:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would say, that UI become much better. Relic started to use community-made UI stuff, and quite open for UI fixes with gamefiles. BTW modders still wait for full modding support to unleash their power, even in UI fixing though! :)

P.S. I just imagined, what if to create soviet paratrooper doctrine with in-game assets. i was basing on Creceers13's information (iirc), that soviet paratroopers used the same camo as snipers in the game. It's not really good, but better than nothing :blush:
2 Mar 2019, 21:32 PM

I would say, that UI become much better. Relic started to use community-made UI stuff, and quite open for UI fixes with gamefiles. BTW modders still wait for full modding support to unleash their power, even in UI fixing though! :)

P.S. I just imagined, what if to create soviet paratrooper doctrine with in-game assets. i was basing on Creceers13's information (iirc), that soviet paratroopers used the same camo as snipers in the game. It's not really good, but better than nothing :blush:

Well, it looks quite good!
Question: Could you guys put the Wehrmacht officer in a dark tank uniform like the one in Feuersturm?
Btw: I would love if Relic would start a second submission for commander portraits! It seems we are in need of a decent UK and OKW portrait...
3 Mar 2019, 09:14 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

How about this? (Old thing, not real commander)
Created by RitaRush

And something like FeuerSturm already exist for Wehrmacht (only scarf need to be changed on black one)
3 Mar 2019, 10:06 AM

Good, but I have a couple of extras, you can make a blue cap - the paratroopers used the Air Force uniform.

The paratroopers also jumped in the standard infantry form, so that you can take the "Conscripts" skin - at the moment it is the most historically accurate. So for a portrait, you can take a conscript portrait in a jumping helmet

But is it possible to make a portrait so that it immediately recognizes the Soviet paratrooper - in a jump suit and a soft jump helmet, like this:

Since the Soviet paratroopers wore the form of an air force - the Parachutist badge was a distinctive feature of the pilots - I propose to use it as a squad icon.
3 Mar 2019, 13:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is my best with using in-game assets, and little bit of internet for VDV badge.

P.S. Sorry, there is no soft paratroopers helmet in available assets in good resolution. :(
3 Mar 2019, 13:56 PM

How about this? (Old thing, not real commander)
Created by RitaRush

And something like FeuerSturm already exist for Wehrmacht (only scarf need to be changed on black one)

I'm sold on this one being used for the OKW.
3 Mar 2019, 14:20 PM

I'm sold on this one being used for the OKW.

No because i want the picture on top for my "Tank reserve doctrin":) This looks fantastic!
3 Mar 2019, 14:50 PM

This is my best with using in-game assets, and little bit of internet for VDV badge.

P.S. Sorry, there is no soft paratroopers helmet in available assets in good resolution. :(

Do you lack photos of a helmet or in-game template? Maybe Relic graphics painter will help us?
3 Mar 2019, 15:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

3 Mar 2019, 15:19 PM

Second one

Here only Relic can help us.
4 Mar 2019, 00:45 AM

No because i want the picture on top for my "Tank reserve doctrin":) This looks fantastic!

Hmmm, maybe the unused Urban Assault portrait for the OKW Panzerjaeger doctrine then.
5 Mar 2019, 13:05 PM

Why not use the ones from the scrapped Partysan Commander?

5 Mar 2019, 15:44 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Why not use the ones from the scrapped Partysan Commander?

And music on the map will change on this one. Enemy will instaleave the game :sibDZ:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★