Login

russian armor

Pack Howie Airdrop

Would you remove the munitions cost and Pack Howitzer from the Recon Support AT drop?
Option Distribution Votes
45%
55%
Total votes: 42
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Feb 2019, 11:42 AM

So the Paratrooper support drop in Recon Support got changed to drop a Pack Howie instead of an AT gun.

My first thought on this is "yeah, that's pretty cool", but on further thought it seems a bit restrictive. The original ability contained two AT units: it was a cheap package LT builds could use to fight vehicles back when USF double teching was brutally expensive.

I get why they removed the AT gun: an IRPF crewed self-spotting AT gun was pretty strong early support for Greyhound rushes, but now it's a bundle of two pretty unrelated units. It's hardly useless, the Pack Howie is a good unit with solid late game manpower bleed potential, but I can't help feeling like we might as well just have the Paratrooper Support Squad at this point and ditch the munitions cost on the airdrop.

It's not hard to build a Pack Howitzer if you want one, and that 80 munitions cost really restricts the ability to deploy and upgrade the Support Paratroopers.
16 Feb 2019, 12:32 PM

No thanks u just want change recon company into airborne 2.0 so this ability should stay. I like this ability for cheap cost and especially when u play with brit teammate with zero idirect fire.
ddd
16 Feb 2019, 12:34 PM

Dude, listen: it doesnt matter now. Recon Support is back to the group of dead USF commanders together with rifle and tactical support. They can even replace pack howi with riflemen squad and slap 200 muni cost on it, the commander is dead and we should move on. Probably to armor or mechanized.
16 Feb 2019, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2019, 12:34 PMddd
Dude, listen: it doesnt matter now. Recon Support is back to the group of dead USF commanders together with rifle and tactical support. They can even replace pack howi with riflemen squad and slap 200 muni cost on it, the commander is dead and we should move on. Probably to armor or mechanized.

It's not dead at all(at least yet), people are still using it a lot. And I certainly see it used more often than armor or heavy cav.
16 Feb 2019, 13:10 PM

No thanks u just want change recon company into airborne 2.0 so this ability should stay. I like this ability for cheap cost and especially when u play with brit teammate with zero idirect fire.

True, I suppose the awkwardness of Support Paras does do a bit to try and keep Airborne relevant. It could end up as better Airborne.
16 Feb 2019, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2019, 13:10 PMLago
True, I suppose the awkwardness of Support Paras does do a bit to try and keep Airborne relevant. It could end up as better Airborne.

Airborne also has a proper Anti Tank Strafe and their paratroopers are different paratroopers.

One being good is not going to render the other obsolete. That said, airborne should never have come with two different team weapon drops, it's excessive and clogs up what could otherwise be a useful commander ability.
16 Feb 2019, 13:43 PM

I think it has its plus side

Recon paras work well in defense, so they are a protection for the Howie, who in return rapes positional plays that would counter the paras

If you wanna get the AT non doc, you gotta tech the Captain for which you get a reward (The Captain) while if you would want a non doc Howie, youd have to spend another 20 fuel just to unlock it and the LV that you may not need
16 Feb 2019, 16:30 PM

You could in theory buy Bazookas on the Paratroopers and enjoy having a Pack Howitzer with the LT!

But this change just made no sense to me, they just neutered the best thing Recon had to offer, killing the entire build just because USF has to play with an incomplete rooster for ... Reasons.
16 Feb 2019, 16:34 PM

Without the muni cost and Pack Howie in the airdrop, you'd be able to get AT Paras pretty cheap. And AT Paras are really good.
16 Feb 2019, 17:00 PM

Common sense solution is to remove Raid and add separate Pack Howie paradrop instead. Raid is pure joke on USF for obvious reasons
16 Feb 2019, 17:12 PM

It'd be neat if Raid were just passive light vehicle capping, rather than the timed Forward Observers/Raid hybrid it is now.
16 Feb 2019, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2019, 17:00 PMKirrik
Common sense solution is to remove Raid and add separate Pack Howie paradrop instead. Raid is pure joke on USF for obvious reasons

Ability is good but need to be for all vehicules like that one from brit vanguard(?) commander
16 Feb 2019, 18:02 PM

airdrop battle group is fine now

I hope raid tactics will be replaced with supply drops zone
16 Feb 2019, 18:53 PM

I like it. Raid is cheap for what it is really. Increased Los on all infantry is pretty dope for only 40mu.if anything capping with lights is a bonus.

Wouldnt mind seeing some munitions costs drop on things like the I&R arty just so the strain isn't so high but all in all I think it's a fun commander. Going all 3 officers gives you everything you NEED and lots of field presence, as said paras can get zooks and lay mines, pak howo now offers indirect fire. It's a very aggressive commander.
16 Feb 2019, 19:12 PM

I like it. Raid is cheap for what it is really. Increased Los on all infantry is pretty dope for only 40mu.if anything capping with lights is a bonus.

Wouldnt mind seeing some munitions costs drop on things like the I&R arty just so the strain isn't so high but all in all I think it's a fun commander. Going all 3 officers gives you everything you NEED and lots of field presence, as said paras can get zooks and lay mines, pak howo now offers indirect fire. It's a very aggressive commander.

Wut? It increases sight as well?
Well, its time I start usin that ability

16 Feb 2019, 19:27 PM

Is there any actual difference stat-wise between "support" Paratroopers and regular Airborne paratroopers?

I've played both countless times and they feel like the exact same unit outside of the upgrades / mines on support and the zooks that you get with support acting like panzershreks.
16 Feb 2019, 19:37 PM

They gave Support Paratroopers the same vet awhile ago.
The only difference is the upgrades and abilities, Support can lay mines (VERY USEFUL) and Airbornes can put timed demos (Bunkerbusting)

PD: Airbornes make better infantry replacement due to only costing manpower, Thompsons while situational, is borderline OP in urban maps where they can always threaten wipes.
16 Feb 2019, 21:06 PM

I have yet to play with it, but it seems like it'd be a good idea to tech both officers now since you have greyhound as LV and then can get mgs, atguns, and a pack howie all at once. Seems pretty useful.
16 Feb 2019, 21:19 PM

I believe this changes is designed to prevent some ridiculous builds like LT-M20-M8-M8-repeat...

If there are more than 2 LV on the field, 2 Pak40 are just not enough to counter them.

Anyway, I think they change ATG to Pack Howizer is reasonable.
16 Feb 2019, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2019, 18:02 PMblancat
airdrop battle group is fine now

I hope raid tactics will be replaced with supply drops zone

+1

I don't like raid because it feels really superfluous. You can just decrew vehicles to cap because realistically the only time you'll be able to cap with raid is when there's no contact. Any AT and you have to run away, and any infantry with snares you also have to run away. I guess if his army is only jaegers you can cap stuff with it. The sight range bonus is nice, but the commander is already so muni heavy and pathfinders have more than enough sight range already. I'd much rather see it replaced with suply drops.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
unknown 28
Russian Federation 67

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak