Login

russian armor

how to build defense Construction like all units mod?

8 Feb 2019, 18:50 PM

Dear Modders,

I want to make a mod that can build all kind of defense construction like <<all units mod>>, but i found some construction I can not build, and i don't know why, if possible to get the <<all units mod>> file for reference, or other Tutorials can be follow? pls advice,thank you very much!

Best regards
Ben
8 Feb 2019, 19:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hi Ben,

The All Units mod contains several defensive structures, so it would be helpful to point out which ones you want? I created a tutorial about the 25 pdr howitzer pit: https://www.coh2.org/guides/81345/25-pounder-emplacement-modding-guide

Other emplacements are created with the same kind of objects as the 25 pdr, exiting from a pit and a gun which are merged into one squad.
Buildings like the Pantherturm and the Concrete Mortar Bunker are like a default bunker which consists of one entity.
9 Feb 2019, 03:21 AM

Hi Ben,

The All Units mod contains several defensive structures, so it would be helpful to point out which ones you want? I created a tutorial about the 25 pdr howitzer pit: https://www.coh2.org/guides/81345/25-pounder-emplacement-modding-guide

Other emplacements are created with the same kind of objects as the 25 pdr, exiting from a pit and a gun which are merged into one squad.
Buildings like the Pantherturm and the Concrete Mortar Bunker are like a default bunker which consists of one entity.

Hi SneakEye,

Thank your for reply, the 25 pdr howitzer pit is a wonderful example, i learn a lot, thanks. And i also want to
build a slit trench without the cover like <<all units mod>>,but i try many time, can not achieve.

9 Feb 2019, 09:37 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I edited the "art\armies\soviet\structures\mortar_emplacement\mortar_emplacement.abp" to this:

--3DSMax Toolset Generated: abp_functions.ms--

model =
{
"..\\..\\..\\..\\environment\\objects\\defenses\\trenches\\mp_trench_02\\mp_trench_02",
}

The model requires the original mortar_emplacement.mua for the positions of the soldiers inside the trench. The modding tools don't allow us to create/edit .mua files. That's why I re-use this one, but it replaces the net variant.
9 Feb 2019, 18:47 PM

I edited the "art\armies\soviet\structures\mortar_emplacement\mortar_emplacement.abp" to this:

The model requires the original mortar_emplacement.mua for the positions of the soldiers inside the trench. The modding tools don't allow us to create/edit .mua files. That's why I re-use this one, but it replaces the net variant.

It is very kind of you, this is the 3rd times you give me such detail reply, I just notice you are the Creater of the <<All Units mod>>, I am indeed honored to have your reply!!!

About your advice, I need to try and reply the result, for I am just learn modding, I need to spend some time to get your idea. Thank you very much!!
9 Feb 2019, 19:52 PM

Dear SneackEye,

I just try, but still can not work, below is my set up, and I can not find the abp file of mortar_emplacement & mp_trench_02, pls advise.

Best regards.
Ben
10 Feb 2019, 09:57 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It is very kind of you, this is the 3rd times you give me such detail reply, I just notice you are the Creater of the <<All Units mod>>, I am indeed honored to have your reply!!!

Happy to help :D

I just try, but still can not work, below is my set up, and I can not find the abp file of mortar_emplacement & mp_trench_02, pls advise.

Sorry I forgot one slightly important part ... :oops:

Some models don't have an .abp file by default. An .abp file combines objects, like a soldier to a weapon and the trench doesn't have that. Although it is possible to create an .abp with the exact same name as the model and the game will automatically use it.

The construction_item should point to (or a clone from) "ebps\races\german\buildings\defensive_structure\slit_trench_german_mp".

Then create this .abp and the model should change:
armies\soviet\structures\mortar_emplacement\mortar_emplacement.abp:
--3DSMax Toolset Generated: abp_functions.ms--

model =
{
"..\\..\\..\\..\\environment\\objects\\defenses\\trenches\\mp_trench_02\\mp_trench_02",
}

I hope this will help.
10 Feb 2019, 17:22 PM

Happy to help :D

Sorry I forgot one slightly important part ... :oops:

Some models don't have an .abp file by default. An .abp file combines objects, like a soldier to a weapon and the trench doesn't have that. Although it is possible to create an .abp with the exact same name as the model and the game will automatically use it.

The construction_item should point to (or a clone from) "ebps\races\german\buildings\defensive_structure\slit_trench_german_mp".

Then create this .abp and the model should change:
armies\soviet\structures\mortar_emplacement\mortar_emplacement.abp:

I hope this will help.

Dear SneakEye,

Thank your for the wonderful reply , I just try again, it is work!!

And I have two questions, hope can get your advice.
1. As your advice, the abp file can be created, so if possible to change the skin of the solders? I mean the custom skin.

2. I like this mortar pit, but i can not find this model, can you tell me how to make it?

Best regard
Ben
10 Feb 2019, 18:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thank your for the wonderful reply , I just try again, it is work!!

Nice!

And I have two questions, hope can get your advice.
1. As your advice, the abp file can be created, so if possible to change the skin of the solders? I mean the custom skin.

It's not possible to add custom skins with the current modding tools. The .abp files can only reference to existing models and the current modding tools don't support new custom models/infantry skins.

2. I like this mortar pit, but i can not find this model, can you tell me how to make it?

The mortar pit is created with the same kind of files as the 25 pdr. The pit is the soviet mg nest "armies\soviet\structures\machinegunemplacement\machinegunemplacement" with the variable 'build' set to 0.6 (animator_set_variable), which makes the roof disappear. The gun is the mortar.

The mortar requires crew_ext to add the visible soldiers.
sync_target_name: Vehicle_Target
1st sync_action_name: attach_gunner and 2nd sync_action_name: attach_loader
11 Feb 2019, 18:07 PM

Nice!

It's not possible to add custom skins with the current modding tools. The .abp files can only reference to existing models and the current modding tools don't support new custom models/infantry skins.

The mortar pit is created with the same kind of files as the 25 pdr. The pit is the soviet mg nest "armies\soviet\structures\machinegunemplacement\machinegunemplacement" with the variable 'build' set to 0.6 (animator_set_variable), which makes the roof disappear. The gun is the mortar.

Dear SneakEye,

What a pity the modding tools don't support the custom models, I believe you can make a great Mod, if the tools are function.

Secondly, about the mortar pit, thank you for the detail reply, I need to spent some time to try this, it is a little bit difficult to me.

And yesterday, I try to find out how to make the wooden bunker by myself, but it is fail, I don't know which model is it,pls help me out, i sorry i have too many questions.

Best regard
Ben

11 Feb 2019, 19:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Secondly, about the mortar pit, thank you for the detail reply, I need to spent some time to try this, it is a little bit difficult to me.

Emplacements are probably the most difficult objects to create. Maybe this will help, it contains the ebps and sbps files from the mortar pit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjeca3gc9q2a59b/Emplacements.zip?dl=0&file_subpath=%2FMortarpit

And yesterday, I try to find out how to make the wooden bunker by myself, but it is fail, I don't know which model is it,pls help me out, i sorry i have too many questions.

This is the one: "environment\objects\defenses\wood\wooden_bunker\wooden_bunker".
11 Feb 2019, 20:18 PM

Nice!

Dear SneakEye,

About the mortar pit, there is no mortar in the pit, and I don't know which set is wrong, could you pls check my
setting as below and advise?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Ben

11 Feb 2019, 21:03 PM

Emplacements are probably the most difficult objects to create. Maybe this will help, it contains the ebps and sbps files from the mortar pit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjeca3gc9q2a59b/Emplacements.zip?dl=0&file_subpath=%2FMortarpit

This is the one: "environment\objects\defenses\wood\wooden_bunker\wooden_bunker".

I am sorry, I just saw this reply, it is good for me, I will study it, thank you very much.
11 Jan 2022, 03:26 AM

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry for bring up a rather old thread but can you guide me to the ABP of the Pantherturm and maybe concrete mortar bunker since i cant find them in the archive viewer.
11 Jan 2022, 05:48 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm sorry for bring up a rather old thread but can you guide me to the ABP of the Pantherturm and maybe concrete mortar bunker since i cant find them in the archive viewer.

Pantherturm: environment\objects\defenses\pantherturm\pantherturm
Mortar bunker: environment\objects\defenses\concrete\ums_mortar_bunker\ums_mortar_bunker
11 Jan 2022, 14:25 PM

Pantherturm: environment\objects\defenses\pantherturm\pantherturm
Mortar bunker: environment\objects\defenses\concrete\ums_mortar_bunker\ums_mortar_bunker

oh, thank you. Btw, what ebps should i clone while creating those structure ?
11 Jan 2022, 15:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

oh, thank you. Btw, what ebps should i clone while creating those structure ?

Only the pantherturm has an entity: ebps\environment\art_ambient\objects\defenses\pantherturm
However it needs many adjustments, so I'd start with a different entity which is similar and already used as multiplayer defensive structure,
ebps\races\german\buildings\defensive_structure\bunker\concrete_bunker_commander_mp

It needs changes for the blueprint and hardpoints. Use the blueprint names from the previous post.

The pantherturm can use weapon\axis\ballistic_weapon\tank_gun\panther_75mm_mp.

The mortar bunker needs a copy from weapon\british\explosive_weapons\mortar\brit_3_inch_mortar_1_auto_light_he_mp.
Set tracking\pivot_only to false and create a new variant of its projectile with projectile_ext\launcher_marker set to "fx_mortar_barrel_end".

Both will need some more tweaks here and there for the best result. If you have more questions, can you make a new thread so bigben doesn't get all these notifications :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★