Login

russian armor

The COH2 Community. A noobs journey.

8 Feb 2019, 17:11 PM

This may be long winded, but hopefully you'll find it worth the read. A quick back story.
I played BF1 on PS4 exclusively for two years from launch. A year ago I realized I was bored and wanted a new gaming challenge. I remembered downloading the COH1 demo on my laptop(completely sucking at it) but thought I'd look into. After googling COH it brought me to Greyshots Youtube gameplay. He usually plays 4v4 with mates using TS and I thought. Holy shit. That looks fun, yet also can not be easy. I called my buddy and said "I need to build a PC for gaming, what parts do I need?" Literally built my PC for COH2.

In the beginning: Was rough. I played campaign and TOW missions a lot before jumping into multiplayer. Admittedly this being my first RTS, MP intimidated me. For good reason, man did I suck. Initially the community is not friendly to new players. I received comments like "get cancer and die" "Uninstall game" "Useless noob team". Since I'm not 10, it didn't bother me a ton, but did reinforce the fact I sucked and was hindering the "teams" success. It got to a point where I started announcing "New player here guys" at the beginning of matches. Which was helpful. A few guys said "Don't worry, we'll carry you" or "stay close, and listen to advice"...

Overtime: I was determined to at least be "ok" at COH2. I knew I needed a better understanding of the units and their roles/strategies on how to utilize them. Honestly, the game is terrible at explaining these things itself. That's where I learned that the toxic assholes are not players that represent the COH community. As I googled keywords about units/strategies I wanted to learn more about, I found the community does a ton to share its knowledge and help new players. From youtubers like Helpinghans, Stormless, and Tightrope to this entire community message board. I became very fond of a specific players style from the Sin7 clan. Randomly friend requested him. Then one day asked him if he'd chat all things COH2 with me (I may have been drunk). We went back and forth for hours answering questions discussing strategies and units, micro techniques, you name it.

Conclusion: So whats the point? The point is I've been reading a lot of the posts on this site and its awesome. Its awesome that the community is engaging, sharing ideas, sometimes arguing, over a game that is 5 years old and should by all rights be dead. For those that have contributed to the positivity of this community/game. I thank you. I've loved playing it and with your help, I've gotten to the point where at a minimum, I'd say I'm an "ok" player. Cheers!
8 Feb 2019, 17:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Playercard please

8 Feb 2019, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2019, 17:27 PMTobis
Playercard please

I'm actually not sure how to add the playercard. Admittedly never looked into it. Is it done through profile settings?
8 Feb 2019, 18:02 PM

I'm actually not sure how to add the playercard. Admittedly never looked into it. Is it done through profile settings?

Connect your steam account to ur Coh2.org profile and it should show up as long as your steam is set to public.
8 Feb 2019, 18:08 PM

Connect your steam account to ur Coh2.org profile and it should show up as long as your steam is set to public.

Nice! Thanks dude. I'll give it a go.
8 Feb 2019, 19:15 PM

Add a line like this in your signature:

Playercard of Drunk Baby

4v4: Pstreak: + 4with Bonebleeder, Army of Darkness, & Kaukraki
4v4: Pstreak: + 1with Bonebleeder, zcrab, & Army of Darkness
4v4: Pstreak: + 2
4v4: Pstreak: + 1

- You will need YOUR steam ID.
- You can get the stats to show on the COH2 view of your steam ladder.
Just hover over which faction/mode you wish to post and a label will popup with the STATS ID.

You can fit 4 stats in the signature area if there is nothing else in it.
8 Feb 2019, 20:07 PM

Add a line like this in your signature:

Playercard of Drunk Baby

4v4: Pstreak: + 4with Bonebleeder, Army of Darkness, & Kaukraki
4v4: Pstreak: + 1with Bonebleeder, zcrab, & Army of Darkness
4v4: Pstreak: + 2
4v4: Pstreak: + 1

- You will need YOUR steam ID.
- You can get the stats to show on the COH2 view of your steam ladder.
Just hover over which faction/mode you wish to post and a label will popup with the STATS ID.

You can fit 4 stats in the signature area if there is nothing else in it.

I believe I have it done. However why does it say my ranking as P? I have done many random team games with Soviets. Can you explain why that is please?
8 Feb 2019, 20:14 PM

I believe I have it done. However why does it say my ranking as P? I have done many random team games with Soviets. Can you explain why that is please?

P stands for "You have played this mode". If you have not played that mode in one months time, you lose your rank and it is changed to P. You dont really lose the rank, after one game it will be back to its normal value.
8 Feb 2019, 20:14 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

You need to play a certain amount of games to get ranked. The P simply says that you aren't ranked in that category yet, either because you haven't played enough games as the faction, or you haven't played them in a long time so you fell out of the ranking
8 Feb 2019, 20:18 PM

P stands for "You have played this mode". If you have not played that mode in one months time, you lose your rank and it is changed to P. You dont really lose the rank, after one game it will be back to its normal value.

Ahhh got it. Thanks!
8 Feb 2019, 20:20 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

/moved to new members
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak