Login

russian armor

sand bags blocking

4 Feb 2019, 21:04 PM
Donator 22

So played a game where I lost an UC because OKW just spammed un-built sandbags all around it meaning the pathing just goes to shit and it cant get away whilst his team mate sent in Grens to faust (okw no faust hence was not worried). Yes don't charge in with UC blah blah but situation was right for it and its besides the point.

This seems like an exploit? surely it can easily be fixed by giving all vehicles crush ability to un-built sandbags?
4 Feb 2019, 21:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can use it against infantry too to trap them so they can't retreat.

They should just make it so you can't start building a structure within 10 meters of an enemy. Simple solution, only problem with that I see is if the enemy is on the other side of a hedge or something so you can't build, but that's a really niche case.

Honestly though, when would you ever try to start building something in that close of range that isn't some super cheesy exploit?

For a fairly grounded WW2 game this is pretty embarrassing to see, think of what new players will think when they see it used in game.

Relic even banned it in their own largest 2v2 tournament. :rolleyes:
5 Feb 2019, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2019, 21:13 PMTobis

Relic even banned it in their own largest 2v2 tournament. :rolleyes:

You happen to know if there's anything we can do about it? Not like in-game but as far as reporting goes.

Lost squads in back to back games yesterday because of my retreats being blocked by this.
5 Feb 2019, 15:59 PM

Is making units unable too build anything while they are in combat an option or is that a no?
5 Feb 2019, 20:29 PM

Is making units unable too build anything while they are in combat an option or is that a no?

No, there could be situations where you want to build stuff while the unit is technically in combat. For example quickly wiring off cover with your pios while the opponents units are focusing your gren etc.
5 Feb 2019, 21:10 PM

To OP.
You can thank Kimbo for that, he made it popular.
What a great player he is NOT.
6 Feb 2019, 01:01 AM

Is it possible to make it so that only 1 piece of wire/sandbag can be placed at a time? Like you have to finish/cancel any piece of wire/sandbag before you can place another?

It won't prevent the move entirely, but it would certainly limit it's effectiveness.
6 Feb 2019, 03:47 AM
Senior Caster Badge

To OP.

this was quite popular before already LUL
6 Feb 2019, 11:33 AM

Hm, one solution would be, if wire and sandbags are passable.The blockers spawn after construction is finished.
6 Feb 2019, 15:26 PM

Hm, one solution would be, if wire and sandbags are passable.The blockers spawn after construction is finished.

Also a good one, but then units might get stuck inside if the construction finish is badly timed
6 Feb 2019, 15:27 PM

To OP.

I used it since day one in COH2.
Who the hell is that guy?
6 Feb 2019, 18:05 PM

To OP.

Ghosting has always been a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSTciOJpvHc
It shouldn't be a thing, but it is.
6 Feb 2019, 20:24 PM

Also a good one, but then units might get stuck inside if the construction finish is badly timed

Shouldn't be difficult to test. But I have not time at the moment.
6 Feb 2019, 20:40 PM

i still don't understand why building projects are physical, they should be physical only if a unit is touching it
7 Feb 2019, 15:08 PM

So, there is a way to fix that. With some work-arounds it is possible. I am working on a new mod to test and show it.
7 Feb 2019, 21:37 PM

So, I made the fist version of my fix-idea. If you want you can test it!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562660350

Forum: https://www.coh2.org/topic/83907/widerstreit-s-alternative-revamp-mod
8 Feb 2019, 10:55 AM

New update:

- Wire under construction is passable by infantry, verhicles will road-kill them.

- Sandbag under construction is passable by infantry, vehicles (also light vehicles like Kübelwagen, 222, etc. will road-kill them). If finished they become normal entity again.

- Tank-traps arn't passable by infantry, but vehicles (also light vehicles) will road-kill them while under construction. If finished they become normal entity again.

- Trenches under constructing are passable by infantry and vehicles, they will not roadkill them. If finished they become normal entity again.
8 Feb 2019, 10:56 AM

If we use the blue-print of CoH1 trenches, it would look even better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS