Login

russian armor

Censhorship on the forums

26 Sep 2013, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 20:21 PMTurtle

Hah! Don't get huffy puffy with me when you're the one trying to toss in the whole censorship argument like the word meant something on these forums.

And fuky, read the last post of your topic, and your own post. You yourself say there's already a topic for what you posted. You should have used it.

Instead, you created an entirely new topic just to whine. Can you imagine how these forums would look if the mods just let everyone post nothing but whine in new threads? Nothing interesting would stay on the front page of the forum, it would fill up with whine.

And even if there wasn't a problem, human nature is to whine about anything. People would find stuff to whine about.

could you be so kindly to at least show me where im whining? i'm doing nothing else but giving my opinion, and thats considered "whining"? also, i didn't really mean that the thread i was talking about was actually having the same purpose as my own thread, so commenting on that one would be useless as no one would reply to me, so i made my own one so i could get answers on my goddarn question, not another one. what i was impying is that the other thread contained elements about mine
26 Sep 2013, 20:57 PM

look guys, i'm not saying all moderators are just silencing us. in fact, i learned that those moderators are actually not being paid to do this and are doing this just on behalf of the community. there are some great mods on here like Onkelsam and Marcus. its just the fact that some mod locked some threads where i just fail to see the logic behind of getting them locked, since they actually had some decent feedback on them, and im not talking about my own thread now
26 Sep 2013, 21:18 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/8502/given-up-on-company-of-heroes-2
here, thats my proof. apart from the "unspecific tile", i dont really see me ranting without any unreasonable arguments. i did get a little direct, but thats also a way of getting your point across, dont you aggree?

Back when I was a moderator at Gamereplays.org, we tried to keep all the discussion about one topic in one place. Since you already posted yourself that there is another thread with the same topic already, I am pretty sure that the intention of this lock was mainly to avoid multiple threads with the same topic.

Edit: Ami even told you that there is another place to discuss about this already, when he locked the thread.
28 Sep 2013, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 18:37 PMsimonp2

And a nitpick. Governments perform censorship, private actors can treat their property as they like.

Counter nitpick. Private actors perform censorships just as well as sovereign entities, as the motivation does not have to be of ethical/moral nature. But even then, the suggestion that all private actors are self-centered regarding their property is highly incorrect.

Sorry, could not resist :P.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 13
Germany 834
unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %