Login

russian armor

Censhorship on the forums

26 Sep 2013, 18:07 PM

There are a lot of people angry about the new DLC on the forums. I can completely relate to this by the way.
But the worst thing, that has apparently come for free(!) with this new DLC is censhorship on the forums. I see a lot of threads getting locked for not a particular reason. Things like wrong titles for instance, this has never been a problem before. But ESPECIALLY the threads who are critical and discontent towards the new DLC, seem to get locked asap.
Is this censorship or what? If you don't like the negative attention then you shouldn't add these pay to win elements in the game.
What are the things you going to do relic? Send us to prison in Siberia? This is not Soviet Russia, you tend to forget that.
26 Sep 2013, 18:11 PM

+1, they locked my thread too! I'm looking at you AmiPolizeiFunk!
26 Sep 2013, 18:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Is this censorship or what? If you don't like the negative attention then you shouldn't add these pay to win elements in the game.

First of all, WE are not Relic, so we don't add any element to the game. We're a fansite.

Our intention behind locking specific threads thus is not to protect any of "OUR" content, but the intention is to keep productive discussions.

If a thread is discussing specific content with arguments, we won't lock it. If a thread is only about ranting at relic and about how they do everything wrong we're going to lock it, because there is nothing to discuss about in such a thread but adding even more rant. Also, if you can't write feedback without using f... and shit words in every sentence, we're not going to accept that either.

This has nothing to do with cencorship. We want people to be able discuss topics constructively on our forums without some dicks destroying it for the majority.

Now you can work out how to get this thread locked too ;)
26 Sep 2013, 18:19 PM
Benefactor 115

One of the lightest moderated forums I've ever used but people still find a petty reason to bitch :P
26 Sep 2013, 18:22 PM

Also, it's called moderation. The term censorship really only applies when it's a larger controlling body and a wider group of people.

Fools like to bandy about the term, like what they had to say was worth censoring in the first place. Usually, it's how you said something that got you moderated.

Moderation's intent is to make sure that you use some thought into what you post. You can actually discuss a lot of stuff, even be pretty damn negative if you want, the key is, don't be an idiot when posting it.

There's plenty of other places on the internet to go for completely unmoderated discussion, and the reason why you're not there is because you wouldn't last in that situation anyway. ;)

So be careful what you wish for.
26 Sep 2013, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 18:22 PMTurtle
Also, it's called moderation. The term censorship really only applies when it's a larger controlling body and a wider group of people.

There's plenty of other places on the internet to go for completely unmoderated discussion, and the reason why you're not there is because you wouldn't last in that situation anyway. ;)

So be careful what you wish for.

Oh big boy you are so mature. It was just something that struck me. And by the way making this personal, you aren't discussing with any real arguments either, are you?
26 Sep 2013, 18:28 PM

my only suggestion is alittle more information for the reasonings behind locking treads. i asked on a pm and the reason was because there where soo many treads with the same discussion.

i think they should have locked the treads and provided reasons and a link to the tread that wont be locked.
26 Sep 2013, 18:30 PM

i think they should have locked the treads and provided reasons and a link to the tread that wont be locked.

Indeed, that would be a good idea and it wouldn't start this confusion.

26 Sep 2013, 18:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

We'll try improving on this then :)
26 Sep 2013, 18:37 PM

I like the fact that this forum is somewhat harshly moderated. It can easily get out of hand if forums aren't policed. So thanks to the mods for the current policy.

And a nitpick. Governments perform censorship, private actors can treat their property as they like.
26 Sep 2013, 18:37 PM

at last, an admin is agreeing with us! hail the community!
26 Sep 2013, 18:44 PM

There are a lot of people angry about the new DLC on the forums. I can completely relate to this by the way.
But the worst thing, that has apparently come for free(!) with this new DLC is censhorship on the forums. I see a lot of threads getting locked for not a particular reason. Things like wrong titles for instance, this has never been a problem before. But ESPECIALLY the threads who are critical and discontent towards the new DLC, seem to get locked asap.
What are the things you going to do relic? Send us to prison in Siberia? This is not Soviet Russia, you tend to forget that.

Can you really not realize those posts were locked for common sense reasons? For example: constant non constructive complaining, personal insults (flame wars), and continuous whining. Hell, the admins will usually tell you WHY it was locked on the last post before they shut it down. This is a game fan site, where people want to talk about balance, gameplay and strategies. I've been avoiding posting here lately because of all the shit posting going on, and I'm glad they're moderating it.
26 Sep 2013, 18:58 PM

Can you really not realize those posts were locked for common sense reasons? For example: constant non constructive complaining, personal insults (flame wars), and continuous whining. Hell, the admins will usually tell you WHY it was locked on the last post before they shut it down. This is a game fan site, where people want to talk about balance, gameplay and strategies. I've been avoiding posting here lately because of all the shit posting going on, and I'm glad they're moderating it.

look, i know some of the post that are locked are the things you're mentioning above me, but some really good threads are locked just because they have "an unspecific title" or "because there's already a thread that somewhat relates to yours". i'm mean, in a thread i made earlier(and i do not mean the ones that are currently on top of this page, those were just some made out of pure rage, and not great, i'll admit that) i was critisized because there was already a thread that had elements of my thread in it, and that i just should go on that one and discuss there, while the main point in MY thread wasn't even really discussed about it in it! i just felt like i was being silenced, but that's probably my fault, is what some people are saying.
26 Sep 2013, 19:07 PM

To be honest recently I thought that they need to crack down a little more. They are very tolerant, which is a good thing. You should really appreciate that rather than complain and annoy them further.
Some people like to derail threads, post the same stuff in every thread and directly verbally attack other posters in every thread just because they disagreed with them in another thread. Behaviour like that is simply unacceptable and can quickly and permanently change a community for the worse. Because of this sometimes chopping off a few heads and putting them on pikes is a good thing and to be honest by complaining even further, opening new threads and even making fun of moderators makes you prime candidates.
26 Sep 2013, 19:23 PM

To be honest recently I thought that they need to crack down a little more. They are very tolerant, which is a good thing. You should really appreciate that rather than complain and annoy them further.
Some people like to derail threads, post the same stuff in every thread and directly verbally attack other posters in every thread just because they disagreed with them in another thread. Behaviour like that is simply unacceptable and can quickly and permanently change a community for the worse. Because of this sometimes chopping off a few heads and putting them on pikes is a good thing and to be honest by complaining even further, opening new threads and even making fun of moderators makes you prime candidates.

so i should just put up with the fact im getting silenced and stopped from giving my point of view/opinion? i think that goes against anything the forums are actually for, giving your opinion/view and giving feedback(may it be positive or negative) and having contact with the devs who i bought the game from. no hate to the devs btw, they actually gave me a good answer instead of just locking my thread and threatening me with banning my account...
26 Sep 2013, 19:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

so i should just put up with the fact im getting silenced and stopped from giving my point of view/opinion? i think that goes against anything the forums are actually for, giving your opinion/view and giving feedback(may it be positive or negative) and having contact with the devs who i bought the game from. no hate to the devs btw, they actually gave me a good answer instead of just locking my thread and threatening me with banning my account...

You are fortunate to have lasted so long....I see you have already had a shot across your bows...moderation here is almost unbearably light at times....stop abusing it...please
26 Sep 2013, 19:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If you do exactly what you say in this specific post, you will never get moderated!

If you use f and shit words in your posts. Or if you just rant, you'll get moderated. simple as that.... And usually we try to give reasons when locking threads. If thats not always the case then its because we're short of moderators right now. Applying common sense is your friend here.
26 Sep 2013, 20:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

You are fortunate to have lasted so long....I see you have already had a shot across your bows...moderation here is almost unbearably light at times....stop abusing it...please

<444>3
26 Sep 2013, 20:03 PM

If you do exactly what you say in this specific post, you will never get moderated!

If you use f and shit words in your posts. Or if you just rant, you'll get moderated. simple as that.... And usually we try to give reasons when locking threads. If thats not always the case then its because we're short of moderators right now. Applying common sense is your friend here.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/8502/given-up-on-company-of-heroes-2
here, thats my proof. apart from the "unspecific tile", i dont really see me ranting without any unreasonable arguments. i did get a little direct, but thats also a way of getting your point across, dont you aggree?
26 Sep 2013, 20:21 PM

Oh big boy you are so mature. It was just something that struck me. And by the way making this personal, you aren't discussing with any real arguments either, are you?

Hah! Don't get huffy puffy with me when you're the one trying to toss in the whole censorship argument like the word meant something on these forums.

And fuky, read the last post of your topic, and your own post. You yourself say there's already a topic for what you posted. You should have used it.

Instead, you created an entirely new topic just to whine. Can you imagine how these forums would look if the mods just let everyone post nothing but whine in new threads? Nothing interesting would stay on the front page of the forum, it would fill up with whine.

And even if there wasn't a problem, human nature is to whine about anything. People would find stuff to whine about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★