Login

russian armor

Doctrinal tank traps

26 Jan 2019, 22:00 PM

Something is amiss with the doctrines that allow access to tank traps:

OKW:heavy fortifications
Sturmpioniers can construct tank traps, flak emplacements and trenches

OST:defensive Fortifications
Allows infantry to construct sandbags, barbed wire and trenches while pioneers can now also construct tank traps and concrete bunkers

SOV: tank traps
Vehcle blocking tank traps can be constructed by combat engineers. These barriers will prevent vehicles from passing through

Seems all well and balanced. Timing is the same for all abilities but the okw get 3 new things for sturms, Ost gets 3 things for grens and pios get 4 (repair bunker and MG Bunkers for concrete bunker ability)

Soviet get 1 thing occupying a whole slot.

Seems like there is a slight misallocation of what is included in these *should be* similar 2 CP abilities.

What do you think the Soviet one should get to make it a halfway attractive ability?
26 Jan 2019, 22:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is one from forgotten stuff in the game. I would like to see some stuff merged with tank traps, like PMD-6 and mg nest.

Actually, defensive doctrine should be revamped, because current stuff is extremely expensive in MP and force to play throw T1 with more expensive infantry units. On the other hand, it gives nothing for late game and hasn't any ammo ability (mines are cheap).

Units in the doctrine are not bad, but synergy between them is low.
26 Jan 2019, 22:55 PM

I think combining the light mines (both variants) and the tank traps, maybe slam a DSHK bunker in there and call it a day. Add something like thevis-2 in the remaining slot (it's only in 2 commanders) and see how that feels.
26 Jan 2019, 23:28 PM

Only the Defensive doctrine's ability was tweaked for the Ost, the Entrenching tools of the Osttruppen doctrine still do not have any tank traps, concrete bunkers and so on.
27 Jan 2019, 01:07 AM

Only the Defensive doctrine's ability was tweaked for the Ost, the Entrenching tools of the Osttruppen doctrine still do not have any tank traps, concrete bunkers and so on.

Good catch. Another example of same name and different abilities... Good Ole relic.

At any rate, the thread stands as the version with tank traps is super abikity heavy for a single ability, especially when compared to the Soviet version
27 Jan 2019, 09:14 AM

Imo there should also be some other changes to tanks traps.

1) Increase built time
2) Change cover to yellow
3) reduce target size
4) allow certain units to dismantle them
27 Jan 2019, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2019, 09:14 AMVipper
Imo there should also be some other changes to tanks traps.

1) Increase built
2) Change cover to yellow
3) reduce target size
4) allow certain units to dismantle them

1) more HP
2) USF : Hell no where is our sandbags?
3)
4) allow Engineer unit to salvage tank traps and gain : 5 Iron . ... Wait... wrong game

27 Jan 2019, 10:21 AM

2) USF : Hell no where is our sandbags?

It is my opinion that far to many units can create green cover and that the availability should be reduced.
27 Jan 2019, 16:48 PM

I don't think tank traps shiuld only be yellow cover But I do think a hazard removal kit should allow engies to remove them, making them harder to remove by simply shooting them would be a great change. It should require more effort to get rid of them
27 Jan 2019, 19:10 PM

I don’t understand why Tank Traps are only available in commanders. Is this the secret of knowledge available only to the elect? Each faction must stride Tank Traps and fortifications (machine-gun nests) without a commander.If there are advanced fortifications (for example, a German heavy bunker) this is suitable thematically for a commander who specializes in defense.
27 Jan 2019, 20:24 PM

I don’t understand why Tank Traps are only available in commanders. Is this the secret of knowledge available only to the elect? Each faction must stride Tank Traps and fortifications (machine-gun nests) without a commander.If there are advanced fortifications (for example, a German heavy bunker) this is suitable thematically for a commander who specializes in defense.

Agreed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS