Login

russian armor

Infantry Spam and how to deal with it

21 Jan 2019, 14:20 PM

Hello folk. I am quite new in the game and since a couple of weeks, suddenly infantry spam tactics appeared in the game according to my observations especially Ally side.

Although I train mg's, flamethrowers, AA and couldn't handle against inf spam tactics. I don't know that only I am facing with these tactics but right now don't wanna play this game as a Wehrmacht.

Just 2 weeks ago I was facing with mix squads and armies but now suddenly infantries are everywhere. Of course not every tactic should be based on tanks or AT but its not only 1-2 games.

What do you think about it?

What you can suggest me to deal with this tactic?
21 Jan 2019, 16:14 PM

Моstly depends on who you are versing.

IF SOVIETS T0(conscripts spam), proceed to MG, MG bunkers and pzgrens ambushes. Stay with your grens as far as possible and try to stay in cover. Don't let your squads travel on their own, always support it with something.
IF SOVIETS T1(penal spam and clown-car with flamer) - you pretty much dead. Try 2 grens, 2 MG, and always keep at least one gren squad close to MG to snare diving M3. Mines are your best frends at that point. Remember, penals are easy to suppress, but they have satchels, don't let them get too close.

IF USF INF. HEAVVY SPAM(5 or more rifles on the field), then build all your playstyle around garrisons and heavvy cover - americans have pretty much nothing to clear those out. Also, might be possible to go for early 222 or even 444 to dive for their ambulance - this should turn the tide.
21 Feb 2019, 12:26 PM

[For 2v2]

What I've been doing is extended T1 (so extra MG/Grens), get fast T3 and rush an Ostwind out (I skip T2, then quickly back teck for a pak.

Now Ostwind standard is only going to do so much and likely get killed by cons/guards/penals + ZiS quite easily.

But I use hull down doc (mostly elefant one), hull down the Ost, which gives it extra range and defence, now you can own those infantry spams, keep grens and MGs up front so your ostwind is kept much more safe from ZiS, but it still holds their inf back.

I then tend to call a Panzer4 command tank to buff my force, and hulled down provide extra firepower vs any pushes. Grab a couple Paks to prevent a tank runing your day, then wait for an Elefant (then you can push them slowly off the map).

Your grens should vet up nicely because they have the Ostwind winning fights for them, just careful not to over extend them and lose them.

Just be ready to move the Ostwind if it comes under fire from ZiS or artillery.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 17
Germany 7
unknown 3
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L