Login

russian armor

how to play OKW against mechanized company

15 Jan 2019, 11:27 AM

How to defend against early rushes from a USF player using mechanized company? I have played against it around 5 times and lost every single one. Every time it’s an early game of 2 RE and about 3 cavalry riflemen that makes multiple early blob rushes, forcing me to hard retreat or lose squads. The cavalry riflemen comes out at 1 cp, can easily outduel sturms and volks at close range and has more than enough health to get to close range. Then the truck comes out for more close range brawl and chasing down retreating squads. It’s impossible to maintain map presence and usually get snowballed.

Any help is appreciated.
15 Jan 2019, 12:05 PM

Since i play USF a lot, and i also use Mechanized a lot, your best bet is mines. You need to place mines in key points and try to bait the USF player into your mines. This strategy is good until you get your truck up so that your Volks have Panzerfausts available.
15 Jan 2019, 13:21 PM

Donno wuts about you guys , but i get destroyed with usf early game ...

You should try 4 volks mg early med truck

Volks are doing preaty well.

Fcouse with ur volkd green cover, long range ,mg will cover if they come close .

If he gets track you will have more troops. volks>truck
The early truck for usf is preaty weak ,it will be number 2 at the destroy list ,first kill cavalry or rifleman .
15 Jan 2019, 15:35 PM

well, according to our fellow comrades on this forum: Just spam jli, instawin boys!
15 Jan 2019, 16:10 PM

it's mainly the cavalry rifleman from mechanized company i have trouble dealing with, normal rifleman is fine and truck is defendable. Against cavalry rifleman, volks can't kill models long range quick enough to be able to contest them when they get close and murder you. they can force me to retreat almost every time. And since they come out at 1cp, OKW mg is far too late that i can't use it against early rushes. 1 sturm 3 volk even in cover cannot win an engagement against 3 cavalry rifleman. All this means the USF player will have a huge resource advantage over me because i can't successfully defend points.
15 Jan 2019, 16:21 PM

it's mainly the cavalry rifleman from mechanized company i have trouble dealing with, normal rifleman is fine and truck is defendable. Against cavalry rifleman, volks can't kill models long range quick enough to be able to contest them when they get close and murder you. they can force me to retreat almost every time. And since they come out at 1cp, OKW mg is far too late that i can't use it against early rushes. 1 sturm 3 volk even in cover cannot win an engagement against 3 cavalry rifleman. All this means the USF player will have a huge resource advantage over me because i can't successfully defend points.

then dont deff , go around
take tactical points you will get fuel of them .

take fights where you got more man .

btw we can go 1 v 1 i will go okw and we can practice together :P
15 Jan 2019, 16:51 PM

I think mines are the best solution against both the WC-51 and the Cavalry Riflemen. Upgrading to Thompsons means they won't have munis for minesweepers.

Use this to bleed models and win some engagements, and also disengage from all fights you can't win (preserve MP) and rush out the MG 34s.
15 Jan 2019, 17:02 PM

You might look at Luftwaffe doctrine, or anything, where you can find Heavvy Fortification ability. On 2 CP this allows you to create super-effective FlaK enplacements. It is rather fast to build but also quite fragile, but can't be captured and turned against you. Slam one right on chokepoint, cover it with Volks sandbags or tank-traps for better surviviability, and there you go - 360 degrees insta-suppres MG.

Actually, same thing works against ass engins spam, just learned it "hard way" yesterday. If USF-guy goes luetenant, then no 75mm-howitzer for him for another good 4-5 minutes and he will be forced to go for grenades upgrade or mortar, this should give you an edge in battle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
unknown 6
Germany 5
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L