Login

russian armor

Fallshirmjager usage

8 Jan 2019, 22:31 PM

2vs2 AT only.

if u have 100 mun as a okw player there is something wrong.
mine booby traps... stg..

so the stg obers are much better at nearly all.
The camo is ok but there hit just not hard enough to thread a big unit(only cons) And when the arty phase bginn in mid game one random katy shot and u get a 440 MP fuck.

What can they do what other can not do cheaper ?
And the doctrine is garbage... with the change of the Mg34 this doctrine becomes obsolete.

Tell me when its so versatile Elite Unit... why nobody plays them at all ? (GCS)
Rework the doctrine and make them Better. I dont need the cloak if my vet Obers shredd anything at longrange...

The doctrine is quite decent even without FSJ, i dont know whst tournament you were watching but it was picked a ton in GCS2 and well used in the anniversary classic 2v2 tournament.

Airborne assault is essentially a ju87 at loiter for OKW, the dual purpose recon/smoke is always useful(like any recon) and valiant assault is an excellent offensive ability. The field fortifications is... situational at best but those three support abilities are the guts of the commander.
9 Jan 2019, 08:10 AM

You will lose ur fallis to all the explosive stuff from allies in most games you use them. they clumb togehter and one single sherman/ mortar/ grenade/ shot often wipe them in a blink of an eye.

9 Jan 2019, 08:33 AM

You will lose ur fallis to all the explosive stuff from allies in most games you use them. they clumb togehter and one single sherman/ mortar/ grenade/ shot often wipe them in a blink of an eye.

Maybe in chaotic 3v3 and 4v4s.

I hardly ever loose falls to explosives in 1v1s at least not more often than any other unit.
9 Jan 2019, 09:18 AM

Maybe in chaotic 3v3 and 4v4s.

I hardly ever loose falls to explosives in 1v1s at least not more often than any other unit.

than maybe i was often unlucky...exspacily with allies mediums and pershing...wich wipe them often with theys first shot
9 Jan 2019, 09:27 AM

They get wiped by armor pretty fast but so to grens i guess. I have Seen them being onehitted in the early secs of retreating since they tend to move as 1.
I mentioned retreat issues before, seems that those cannot be fixed since they are around since d1
S
9 Jan 2019, 09:35 AM

than maybe i was often unlucky...exspacily with allies mediums and pershing...wich wipe them often with theys first shot

Oh if you include tank shells as explosions then I would agree! It's most often those that get me, or if some CQC troops catch them on retreat :facepalm:
9 Jan 2019, 11:29 AM

Ranged DPS, abilities (smoke + bundle + pfaust, stealth), the fact that you can drop them behind enemy lines.

Dunno why you'd compare those two units since they have pretty different roles than one another.

Nope it is quite simpler... back than in the release time the SU was a faction that relay on very strong commanders with over the top call ins. And shocks are a Problem since the release of the game. If theyre a little too weak no one picks them because u need to get close and u HAVE to flank with is too much for most of the players. they want an A move blobb. If theyre too strong ...well we all know what this means. For the Luftwaffles was the main Thing the MG34 in the doctrine. Wich gave u with the Fallis a decent Inf play option and back than an extra Squat for Muni only.

The doctrine is quite decent even without FSJ, i dont know whst tournament you were watching but it was picked a ton in GCS2 and well used in the anniversary classic 2v2 tournament.

Airborne assault is essentially a ju87 at loiter for OKW, the dual purpose recon/smoke is always useful(like any recon) and valiant assault is an excellent offensive ability. The field fortifications is... situational at best but those three support abilities are the guts of the commander.

Well i checked the GCS2 side and it was used 5 Times while special ops 29 times... so i dont know what u have seen.

And I really hate that you make me go there, but if you never play 1v1 and your name is the same in game so I can compare our ranking, I really don't think you are in a position to tell me that I'm playing OKW wrong

No im not. May u try some 2vs2's and than u will see that the power gap through the commanders are on another lvl in 2vs2. That goes up in 3vs3...

But come back to the topic.
So after the Rework u just dont need the Luftwaffe Ground forces.
If u want to ambush pick JLI.. if u want to go heavy inf .. go special ops.
9 Jan 2019, 12:17 PM

Well i checked the GCS2 side and it was used 5 Times while special ops 29 times... so i dont know what u have seen.

No im not. May u try some 2vs2's and than u will see that the power gap through the commanders are on another lvl in 2vs2. That goes up in 3vs3...

But come back to the topic.
So after the Rework u just dont need the Luftwaffe Ground forces.
If u want to ambush pick JLI.. if u want to go heavy inf .. go special ops.

Uhh what stats did you look at? Luftwaffe Doctrine was picked 39 times and Spec ops 81 in GCS2, so your numbers are waaay off (Luftwaffe was #1 in the players loadout, even higher than spec ops). And this dosen't change the fact that Luftwaffe was still the second most picked doctrine in GCS2, but that Spec ops is still the most popular commander by far, especially because of the Cmd. Panther call in.

I'm also not exactly sure how playing 2v2 and 3v3 is supposed to prove your point about falls, since the game is mainly balanced for 1v1?

Do you have a player card to back up that these claims are actually based on skill and experience and not just personal preference?
9 Jan 2019, 12:29 PM

Luftwaffe isn't a great commander for teamgame, it has its use on 2vs2 but above and the resource accumulation their time windows is too small. They also suffer the lane concept of large teamgame and maps, how are you supposed to hide when the frontline is so small and when around 8-10 minutes arty strikes start raining all over the place.
Luftwaffe is a pure 1vs1 commander where you can exploit falls's biggest advantages: infiltration.

9 Jan 2019, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2019, 12:29 PMEsxile
Luftwaffe isn't a great commander for teamgame, it has its use on 2vs2 but above and the resource accumulation their time windows is too small. They also suffer the lane concept of large teamgame and maps, how are you supposed to hide when the frontline is so small and when around 8-10 minutes arty strikes start raining all over the place.
Luftwaffe is a pure 1vs1 commander where you can exploit falls's biggest advantages: infiltration.

That makes complete sense to me. But it that case it is also a very weak argument for proposing changes to it :)
9 Jan 2019, 12:59 PM

That makes complete sense to me. But it that case it is also a very weak argument for proposing changes to it :)

Maybe they can make ANOTHER attempt at getting those 4 models to spread out so one stray shell doesnt end them.

9 Jan 2019, 13:24 PM

Maybe they can make ANOTHER attempt at getting those 4 models to spread out so one stray shell doesnt end them.

Sure. I wouldn't have a problem with such a small change :)
9 Jan 2019, 16:16 PM

Nope it is quite simpler... back than in the release time the SU was a faction that relay on very strong commanders with over the top call ins. And shocks are a Problem since the release of the game. If theyre a little too weak no one picks them because u need to get close and u HAVE to flank with is too much for most of the players. they want an A move blobb. If theyre too strong ...well we all know what this means. For the Luftwaffles was the main Thing the MG34 in the doctrine. Wich gave u with the Fallis a decent Inf play option and back than an extra Squat for Muni only.

I have no idea what that has to do with my response to 'Smartie', but thanks?
9 Jan 2019, 21:23 PM

Unit formation spread will offset any insta wipes from maybe Sherman high explosive shells.
10 Jan 2019, 20:10 PM

Uhh what stats did you look at? Luftwaffe Doctrine was picked 39 times and Spec ops 81 in GCS2, so your numbers are waaay off (Luftwaffe was #1 in the players loadout, even higher than spec ops). And this dosen't change the fact that Luftwaffe was still the second most picked doctrine in GCS2, but that Spec ops is still the most popular commander by far, especially because of the Cmd. Panther call in.

I'm also not exactly sure how playing 2v2 and 3v3 is supposed to prove your point about falls, since the game is mainly balanced for 1v1?

Do you have a player card to back up that these claims are actually based on skill and experience and not just personal preference?

i took the analytics from the officail gcs2 side.

I dont play 1vs1 so i can only read what u say and watch youtube and something like these things. But from my point of view the doctrine is just not good enough for compedetive 2vs2 gameplay. Especially after the Revamp Commanders.
So what i experienced was, that 'Fallis are too weak and get rekt in teamgames easily. Double the arty double the tanks.. mortar... etc.
And the whole doctrine is not on the same lvl as the others.

i dont know what skill matters if a 4Man Unit get wiped by any arty and RNG while there are other "Elite" Units with 6Man. So even there DMG output on Paper might be ok but under normal game conditions they will be never get to there full potential...and al that for a 440MP Unit.

I have no idea what that has to do with my response to 'Smartie', but thanks?

U assume that all of this is part of a "bigger balance plan" ... While X is so that must Y is like this and so on.... but lelic had shown in the past that this isnt the case. Especially the Balance of the Soviet was always a mess with no "greater plan" behind it.
10 Jan 2019, 20:17 PM

were running in circles. have you read the dicussion? the points you bring up were being made countless times before and the answers were always the same.
11 Jan 2019, 10:19 AM

i took the analytics from the officail gcs2 side.

I dont play 1vs1 so i can only read what u say and watch youtube and something like these things. But from my point of view the doctrine is just not good enough for compedetive 2vs2 gameplay. Especially after the Revamp Commanders.
So what i experienced was, that 'Fallis are too weak and get rekt in teamgames easily. Double the arty double the tanks.. mortar... etc.
And the whole doctrine is not on the same lvl as the others.

i dont know what skill matters if a 4Man Unit get wiped by any arty and RNG while there are other "Elite" Units with 6Man. So even there DMG output on Paper might be ok but under normal game conditions they will be never get to there full potential...and al that for a 440MP Unit.

Seeing that you even missed the price Fallschirmjäger by a huge margin(they cost 380 mp, not 440) I think the conclusion we should draw here, is that it is not a doctrine you have used for quite a while.

If you don't think the doctrine is viable in 2v2 then you should use one of the several other doctrines at your disposal, in stead of trying to make changes to a doctrine that was changed quite recently and is quite popular as it is ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L