Login

russian armor

Motherland HMGs rework

2 Mar 2019, 18:55 PM

I just had the most groundbreaking idea. Remove Maxim setup and lift time, i mean, literally set it to 0(zero)

Deathloop fixed.

Now Maxim becomes the closest to a mobile suppression platform it can be. For T1 SU with is rather fast and cheap.

Also add a reverse movement ability.
IF volks rush upfront you can use a micro tax to move it backwards until it get suppressed and forced to retreat.
Volks opness discussions aside please.
2 Mar 2019, 21:39 PM

That would bring the old maximum meme back.

Maxim's death loop aparently can't be fixed due to poor coding on the part of Relic. That's one of the reasons they can't be reduced to 5 men crews to balance out some stats.
3 Mar 2019, 10:28 AM

How about:

DsHK is default HMG.
Penals and DsHK swap tech position.

Now there are two distinct styles of early game play for soviets.

T1 play is now conscript based with access to all the major AI units thereby soft buffing the long term viability of conscripts. The army trades well if you manage your support units effectively, but conscripts are still the same. DsHK and AT nades are used to hold off light vehicles, but you're vulnerable to mediums if you can't exploit the early map advantage conscripts tend to buy.

T2 is more of a late game focused army at the cost of early game power. You get access to penals which as we know scale well into the late game, but they come 10 fuel later so you're probably building at least one conscript squad. The good news is you have access to both the mortar and Zis gun. Both conscript upgrades are skippable as you've got tools for dislodging dug in enemies, and plenty of AT. Due to all the AT available extended T3 play is now an option if you're stuck on the back foot.

Maxim is a commander only unit. It gets a price reduction so that you can have glorious spam games, but is hamstrung by an overall weak commander.
3 Mar 2019, 14:59 PM

I don't care about the damage, I just want to my MG to suppress, every time they can survive two bursts and not suppress. This pisses me off every time. Meanwhile MG42 supress with just half of a burst
3 Mar 2019, 16:49 PM

Cons aren't that bad. The problem is, that they should have their PPsh upgrade non-doc. That is my opinion to fix them.

Maxim... buffing it will make everything worse. It should stay a gimmick weapon.

What would be, if we make the molotov non-tech and PPsh locked behind T3?

Instead of Molotov penals AT-charge will become a tech instead? That would also fix the surprise effect of PTRS-upgrade.
3 Mar 2019, 19:15 PM

I don't care about the damage, I just want to my MG to suppress, every time they can survive two bursts and not suppress. This pisses me off every time. Meanwhile MG42 supress with just half of a burst

A little advice for you: get 2 maxims. Problem solved
3 Mar 2019, 19:17 PM

How about:

DsHK is default HMG.
Penals and DsHK swap tech position.

Now there are two distinct styles of early game play for soviets.

T1 play is now conscript based with access to all the major AI units thereby soft buffing the long term viability of conscripts. The army trades well if you manage your support units effectively, but conscripts are still the same. DsHK and AT nades are used to hold off light vehicles, but you're vulnerable to mediums if you can't exploit the early map advantage conscripts tend to buy.

T2 is more of a late game focused army at the cost of early game power. You get access to penals which as we know scale well into the late game, but they come 10 fuel later so you're probably building at least one conscript squad. The good news is you have access to both the mortar and Zis gun. Both conscript upgrades are skippable as you've got tools for dislodging dug in enemies, and plenty of AT. Due to all the AT available extended T3 play is now an option if you're stuck on the back foot.

Maxim is a commander only unit. It gets a price reduction so that you can have glorious spam games, but is hamstrung by an overall weak commander.

Yeah i like the new refreshing configuration for SU. It can make sense but be aware, older people playing the game dont like changes so much, many will complaint about it but will offer nothing in return.
3 Mar 2019, 21:01 PM

There's a reason a soviet you try and massacre an MG42 to grab it for yourself. Because as a german facing your own MG42 it's brutal.

Now imagine if that was always the case, if the maxim was viable? It'd be a crazy world.

Maxim should be dropped to a 4 man crew like EVERY other MG and make it viable. Enough said.
3 Mar 2019, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 21:01 PMKharn
There's a reason a soviet you try and massacre an MG42 to grab it for yourself. Because as a german facing your own MG42 it's brutal.

Now imagine if that was always the case, if the maxim was viable? It'd be a crazy world.

Maxim should be dropped to a 4 man crew like EVERY other MG and make it viable. Enough said.

And how do you propose we account for the death loop with only 4 men? Make the whole thing 180mp?
3 Mar 2019, 22:06 PM

And how do you propose we account for the death loop with only 4 men? Make the whole thing 180mp?

As much as people would hate this, it won't be a maxim anymore. Just make it like a mg32 with some maxim sounds. I assume the deathloop can't be fixed due to the state of the game. But putting in a machine gun that actually works would be to the benefit of the game. Nostalgia aside, all russians just want a reliable mg and since relic hasn't the resources to fix it, a swap would be easiest wouldn't it? Maybe give it some fun ability that isn't armor piercing.
4 Mar 2019, 03:13 AM

DshK has no deathloop. Swap them. Make maxim doctrinal and worth the price
4 Mar 2019, 05:35 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Leave my maxims alone
4 Mar 2019, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2019, 05:35 AMd0ggY
Leave my maxims alone

You mean, the memexims?
The ones that suppress a standing soldier withouth cover after its feedbelt runs out.
4 Mar 2019, 08:29 AM

Imo decreasing the effectiveness of the VG's flame grenade might be enough for the maxim.
4 Mar 2019, 08:58 AM

DshK has no deathloop. Swap them. Make maxim doctrinal and worth the price

Dshk has the exact same loop as maxim.
4 Mar 2019, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2019, 08:29 AMVipper
Imo decreasing the effectiveness of the VG's flame grenade might be enough for the maxim.

Making it the molotov clone it should have been from the start would do wonders for balance I think
4 Mar 2019, 12:41 PM

Making it the molotov clone it should have been from the start would do wonders for balance I think

You mean you don't miss it when the Volk nade was a grenade AND a molotov? killing a squad almost w/ the initial explosion then burning them to death?

Yeah, agreed. It should almost mirror the molotov, though it does cost more. So it would need a price decrease if it had a long wind up and mirror damage.
4 Mar 2019, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2019, 12:41 PMKharn

You mean you don't miss it when the Volk nade was a grenade AND a molotov? killing a squad almost w/ the initial explosion then burning them to death?

Yeah, agreed. It should almost mirror the molotov, though it does cost more. So it would need a price decrease if it had a long wind up and mirror damage.

Its kinda free'ish so i would be fine with the cost.
4 Mar 2019, 13:03 PM

Its kinda free'ish so i would be fine with the cost.

"Freeish" But you have to tech to get it.
4 Mar 2019, 13:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yeah i like the new refreshing configuration for SU. It can make sense but be aware, older people playing the game dont like changes so much, many will complaint about it but will offer nothing in return.

You shouldn't just assume on what grounds people will make a counterargument on. Always assume there will be reasonable counterarguments to your point and you can usually put out a more convincing opinion or argument.

To directly address the change though, how do you see that playing out? T1 is now completely devoid of AT, so now OKW will always luchs rush (see: the old dshk meta in which people countered dshks with luchs spam - battlegroup was used even less than it is used now). With no penals and no scout car, t1 will probably just lose hard to OKW. T2 will still be dead, because now your penal build doesn't have the early scout car to lift above its weight. You have an AT gun with your penals, and players will definitely need it with how much harder they'll lose the early game without the m3.

More than that, you now have, as porkloin alluded to, a tier system where basically all of your anti infantry is in one tier, and all of your anti tank is in the other. If that sounds familiar, it's because that was the design of the old USF lt/cpt system.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 46
Germany 750
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L