Login

russian armor

25 Sep 2013, 20:50 PM

Time to write some stuff about that doctrine.

Well, i received that commander from friend as a gift and I've already liked it. This doctrine has perfect early usage, good med and powerful 203mm artillery support, and finally, some epic ability improving our soldiers combat effectiveness. I prefer going standard 4 cons molotovs, even against those famous Assault Grenadiers, then it's necessary to call-in shock troop to provide good close combat against any infantry. Recon Run is good in any case, to spot enemy base or for future targets for B-4.

At 3CP we have a new ability in this game and so far only available for this doctrine, which is "For Mother Russia", what's that? It's like combining FTFL, Inspired Assault and Blitzkrieg from CoH1 which affects only infantry and support units. This ability is so powerful that it eats any other enemy infantry in a seconds, had shock troops and 2 conscripts squad completely destroying 2 enemy Assault Grenadiers in very few second, it was probably first time when i felt that I'm playing CoH1 on eastern front. Ability lasts for 60 seconds and after that our units suffer probably exhaustion and it means that all units will move slower and have worse accuracy, in other words, during ability active our troops are OP and after that for like 30 second they are UP. Cost is 150 munitions which i believe it's too much.

Another, one of fastest possible tank call-in is new KV-1 in multiplayer, this tank costs 440MP and 120 Fuel, tank itself is pure Panzer IV Killer, only Stug III and Panther are non doctrinal units that have good chance to beat this monster (yes Stug III because it has longer fire range than P4 and KV-1). It's pretty easy to vet up KV-1, I think just like T34. I think that KV-1 is also better at killing infantry than other non doctrinal tanks.

Last and most coolest stuff is B-4 203mm stationary heavy artilley (whih i like to call it heavy mortar like in MoW). It has same price cost as 10,5 LeFH and 152 ML-20 which is 600MP and 15 pop. Gun itself fires only 1 shell, range is pretty high (example, when you build it in your langres base you got range to enemy base) Reload is 1 min 30 secs which is pretty high, other ability that this tank have is something like precision strike (forgot the name) which costs 180 munitions and can attack only tanks with it, it's required to have completely clear line of sight, and it means no hedgerows can stand between B-4 and your target. At vet 1 you got ofc precision strike for 50 munitions that is really helpful for this unit. One direct shot on Tiger takes like 60% of it's Health when Tiger is non vetted so i presume it's like 500-600 damage. Unit is for sure worth more than ML-20 for sure so it's worth to make it.

If you have other opinion or want to add something then join this discussion. MVGame
25 Sep 2013, 21:37 PM

I'm paid by barton for say something here Kappa, so pink pigs
25 Sep 2013, 21:41 PM

damn, why not some constructive post here? Kappa

I'm sad now :(
25 Sep 2013, 21:52 PM

Its nice to see you like the Commander Barton. Enjoyed watching you play with it that first game.

I also think the Commander is really strong, not much to add to the things you already said. Both the KV-1 and the B-4 (but especially this gun) are really awesome units.
Hux
25 Sep 2013, 22:10 PM
Patrion 14

Nice post Barton. I think this commander vs mechanised armour commander will make for some interesting games
25 Sep 2013, 22:16 PM

This commander seems good.

KV-1 are tough sponges and combo well with SU-85s.

B4-203's are very, very powerful but also very slow to rotate and aim.

It also seems like the range shown during their placement is not the same as their actual barrage range. For example, during construction it appears that a B4-203 can shoot most of the map from your base on Rhostov. But after it is built, the useful barrage range drops to about half of that.

Still, it is a fun unit and satisfying when it's massive shell lands smack on top of an enemy tank.

The direct fire ability will also be very powerful on some choke-point filled maps, like Rhzev and Pripyat, I think.
25 Sep 2013, 23:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 22:10 PMHux
Nice post Barton. I think this commander vs mechanised armour commander will make for some interesting games

I'e already had good game vs mechanised doctrine, maybe not at highest lvl because it was first time i used this doc but i've achieved like 50 kills and vet 3 on KV-1 and be able to get 2 B-4's MVGame
25 Sep 2013, 23:58 PM

Permanently Banned
If Barton likes it, it must be horrifically OP and needs nerfing by wrecking ball applied with extreme prejudice. Followed by some some strategically inserted dynamite rods, just to make sure its REALLY dead.
26 Sep 2013, 01:53 AM

Just won a game vs this commander. I didn't feel like it was as overwhelming as I thought it would be from the abilities.

The Kv-1 wasnt particularly dangerous, my vet 2 stug and an ATG drove it off and later killed it without problem.

The one thing I will note is that dumb cannon one shot my brand new panzer 4 from full health to 0. I dont know if it was a precision shot or what but it destroyed my tank in one go. The cannon was in his base so it was indirect fire, not a direct fire AT shot. Hence why I had to fight a kv-1 with my remaining stug :)

I dont recall seeing For the Motherland used, but I had the only munition point on kholdny ferma winter locked down most the game
26 Sep 2013, 02:04 AM

Barton actually likes something?

what have they been putting in the water over in Poland? MVGame

this is one of my favorite doctrines, that 203mm fires SO quickly if you've got it ranged in the right line
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★