Login

russian armor

Always loosing against OKW (question)

28 Dec 2018, 01:17 AM

First of hello

Me and my brother recently bought the UKF and we have some serious trouble defeating the okw. As we see in the statistics after the game ends the okw had already a larger army value at the beginning. They are rushing with some kind of pioneers and volksgrenadeers. They are so many that even a mg can nothing do about it cause they are flanking us and rushing us. We cant protect even the flank sites cause we dont have a second mg yet and normal infintaries are loosing against them(even in cover). And in the 5th minute they already have 5 squads and from then on we are just straight loosing. Is there a way defeating the infintaries? This scout car is not useful at all because it gets taken down by their grenadeers easily. And it seems like that there is no way winning against okw
28 Dec 2018, 02:33 AM

It may help if you say which game mode you are playing. Since you state two people I would assume 2v2?

1v1 seems to be spam infantry sections. Make an MG if you pushed the enemy out and want to hold one side while you attack the other side.

2v2 and up, you start to add MGs and the UC if you do not need to take points. For example a 4v4 build might be: IS, MG, UC.

Once you state the mode, some pros can hook you up with real advice:)
28 Dec 2018, 03:10 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

UKF against OKW is currently UKF favored, but the faction requires knowledge of how their units function I suppose. Depending on the map you can get MGs or even 2x MGs. Sections are good too, but I prefer MGs vs OKW since they can't remove them too easily. UC also works wonders since they cannot deal with a well microed UC easily and the vickers upgrade is borderline oppressive vs them. If they're forced into a raketen then that's 1 more infantry squad they don't have.
28 Dec 2018, 10:35 AM

UKF against OKW is currently UKF favored, but the faction requires knowledge of how their units function I suppose. Depending on the map you can get MGs or even 2x MGs. Sections are good too, but I prefer MGs vs OKW since they can't remove them too easily. UC also works wonders since they cannot deal with a well microed UC easily and the vickers upgrade is borderline oppressive vs them. If they're forced into a raketen then that's 1 more infantry squad they don't have.
thanks for your adice^^ sorry i a dont know what a uc is. You mean this little track car you can get in the beginning?
28 Dec 2018, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2018, 02:33 AMRosbone
It may help if you say which game mode you are playing. Since you state two people I would assume 2v2?

1v1 seems to be spam infantry sections. Make an MG if you pushed the enemy out and want to hold one side while you attack the other side.

2v2 and up, you start to add MGs and the UC if you do not need to take points. For example a 4v4 build might be: IS, MG, UC.

Once you state the mode, some pros can hook you up with real advice:)
thanks for your advice^^ and if the UC is the little track car( sorry i don’t know)
It gets real quick easily destroyed by them.

Edit: We are playing 2v2 i forgot to mention
28 Dec 2018, 16:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2018, 10:35 AMYumaa6
thanks for your adice^^ sorry i a dont know what a uc is. You mean this little track car you can get in the beginning?

Yes it stands for "universal carrier", which is its name.
28 Dec 2018, 20:07 PM

And the UC, like almost all vehicle, work best when "kited". You keep a far distance from the units you are killing, like they are a kite. Dont let them get close to the UC. This lets you deal damage but take less and makes it easier to escape when you are weak.

OKW does not have a good way to deal with a UC early because they do not get fausting ability until after they setup their 1st truck. So the earlier you make it the stronger it is. But then you lose capping ability. Upgrade the UC to BREN unless the map has a lot of buildings. Then the flame thrower is a better choice.

You will want to save munitions to upgrade the UC, but it has a self repair ability (15 munis I think) So fight with it, pull back, repair, etc As with everything in the game, keeping it alive gains veterency and it becomes stronger.

No unit in the game is a TERMINATOR that can rush into a battle and kick ass. So never throw away units, let them fight and gain vet.
28 Dec 2018, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2018, 20:07 PMRosbone
And the UC, like almost all vehicle, work best when "kited". You keep a far distance from the units you are killing, like they are a kite. Dont let them get close to the UC. This lets you deal damage but take less and makes it easier to escape when you are weak.

OKW does not have a good way to deal with a UC early because they do not get fausting ability until after they setup their 1st truck. So the earlier you make it the stronger it is. But then you lose capping ability. Upgrade the UC to BREN unless the map has a lot of buildings. Then the flame thrower is a better choice.

You will want to save munitions to upgrade the UC, but it has a self repair ability (15 munis I think) So fight with it, pull back, repair, etc As with everything in the game, keeping it alive gains veterency and it becomes stronger.

No unit in the game is a TERMINATOR that can rush into a battle and kick ass. So never throw away units, let them fight and gain vet.

Thanks for your Advice !
So we should try to rush them with our UC's so they get early behind but from the momentum when the volksgrenadeers have the fausting abilty the UC's seem to be useless should we throw them from then on now ?
29 Dec 2018, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2018, 22:00 PMYumaa6

Thanks for your Advice !
So we should try to rush them with our UC's so they get early behind but from the momentum when the volksgrenadeers have the fausting abilty the UC's seem to be useless should we throw them from then on now ?

The UC is actually not that hard to keep alive when he has fausts (as long as you don’t get the freaking wasp). You just need to make sure to stay at max range and you’ll be well out of the range of fausts, especially okw (volksgrenadier) fausts since IIRC they have a shorter range than ost (grenadier) fausts. The UC also does more damage at max range, so there’s never any reason to close anyway. Like rosbone said, you should always be kiting his infantry, which is probably just something you may need to practice more. The vickers K (machinegun) upgrade for the UC is also usually much better than the wasp (flamethrower) upgrade, since the flamethrower has a shorter range and thus harder to keep alive.

As for the other stuff just make sure you are aware of the field (also takes practice) and know if and when a flank is coming, and reposition your mgs to cover it. Your infantry sections can usually beat early okw infantry 1 on 1 pretty reliably and the vickers should help a lot as long as you keep them firing. Keeping the vickers in key buildings can be helpful too, since they can face other directions a bit faster in buildings and have better cover, but you need to watch for flamenades and be aware that some buildings don’t have windows on some sides or the windows are blocked by something like a hedgerow.

Commandos are really good in the midgame but take a fair bit of micro and practice to be used really effectively, but they are a potential solution if you're still having trouble with his infantry.
29 Dec 2018, 00:59 AM

The UC is actually not that hard to keep alive when he has fausts (as long as you don’t get the freaking wasp). You just need to make sure to stay at max range and you’ll be well out of the range of fausts, especially okw (volksgrenadier) fausts since IIRC they have a shorter range than ost (grenadier) fausts. The UC also does more damage at max range, so there’s never any reason to close anyway. Like rosbone said, you should always be kiting his infantry, which is probably just something you may need to practice more. The vickers K (machinegun) upgrade for the UC is also usually much better than the wasp (flamethrower) upgrade, since the flamethrower has a shorter range and thus harder to keep alive.

As for the other stuff just make sure you are aware of the field (also takes practice) and know if and when a flank is coming, and reposition your mgs to cover it. Your infantry sections can usually beat early okw infantry 1 on 1 pretty reliably and the vickers should help a lot as long as you keep them firing. Keeping the vickers in key buildings can be helpful too, since they can face other directions a bit faster in buildings and have better cover, but you need to watch for flamenades and be aware that some buildings don’t have windows on some sides or the windows are blocked by something like a hedgerow.

Commandos are really good in the midgame but take a fair bit of micro and practice to be used really effectively, but they are a potential solution if you're still having trouble with his infantry.

Thanks for that amount of information
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS