Login

russian armor

can we now fix soviet T2 please?

PAGES (10)down
20 Dec 2018, 07:20 AM

as of the moment soviet tier 2 play is difficult due to the awfulness of the maxim and cost inefficiency the conscript...

proposal:
reduction of cost of conscript to 210-220 mp reduce reinforce price to 17-18mp...
increase the suppression of the maxim to 50 cal levels but keep its awful damage and lack of AP rounds...
this means that although the cheaper ostruppen may scale better thanks to the MG42 upgrade... with cons being cheaper the maxim can now be buffed safely without resulting into all maxim armies... conscripts can serve as the meatshield and utility role for the maxim in offensives... and the maxim wont be dirt useless as an HMG...
20 Dec 2018, 07:54 AM

playercard plz
20 Dec 2018, 07:56 AM

Why not build T2 AND T1, or use infantry call ins.
Wehr player have to build t1 and t2 too, and can not skip one of them. You want to build only one tier, to have t70 faster on the field, then you have to live with an harder early game.
20 Dec 2018, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 07:56 AMLoxley
Wehr player have to build t1 and t2 too, and can not skip one of them. You want to build only one tier, to have t70 faster on the field, then you have to live with an harder early game.

problem with that is the manpower drain... the weaker individual models of conscripts already bleed you out dry long before a sidetech to t1 or t2 is fielded...
20 Dec 2018, 08:04 AM
20 Dec 2018, 08:24 AM

playercard plz

Ha ha, his is better then yours :nahnah:
J/K.
Dont be like Donny Chan, try to have a normal conversation with arguments.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 07:56 AMLoxley

That is not true, WEHR (OST) does not have to build T1 and T2, they can skip 1 or 2.
Could you elaborate?

20 Dec 2018, 08:30 AM

i tried that too, but it was pointless. no excperience, no understanding of the game. so frustrating...
20 Dec 2018, 08:36 AM

yeah but automatically resorting to elitism without trying to validate as to why the point is invalid is not the most efficient way of identifying and fixing problems within the game... or any system for that matter...
20 Dec 2018, 08:41 AM
Senior Caster Badge

From my perspective, 2v2, t2 is fine, maxims dominate okw, and ostheer you need to play maxims a little different but it still works good
20 Dec 2018, 08:46 AM

Ha ha, his is better then yours :nahnah:
J/K.

You see, when people talking, that %mg_name% is trash, i suppose, they using it wrong.
Of course you cant 1v1 versus giant blob of grens with arty officer buff behind them, but maxim can reliably do its job, when well-handed. Only MG i haven't heard bad things about is mg42, which is clearly OP with armorpiercing belt and giant ark even from my biased perspective(ostheer main for 400 hours).

BTW, osstruppen will lose to conscripts in any case, if you will actually ATTACK THEM, not sit in front of them in yellow cover. Osttruppen puropse is purely defensive(especially in that revamped defensive commander), while conscripts are all-around unit with great tools, as petrol bombs and nice little flares.
Improvise, adapt, overcome.
20 Dec 2018, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 08:41 AMd0ggY
From my perspective, 2v2, t2 is fine, maxims dominate okw, and ostheer you need to play maxims a little different but it still works good

problem is a volks squad can simply run up to your maxim deployed or not and either swerve out of the way before it gets suppressed or simply rush it and throw a flamenade... the suppression of 1 maxim is insufficient even vs a single volks squad...

likewise the problem with conscripts is that volks simply outperform conscripts with or without the ppsh at almost every range for 10 more mp(!!!)

also the maxim is still the worst HMG in the game bar none... i even prefer to steal axis MG-34s as opposed to building a 260mp maxim that quite frankly has less suppression and firing arc than the cheaper MG-34
20 Dec 2018, 08:52 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 08:50 AMgbem

problem is a volks squad can simply run up to your maxim deployed or not and either swerve out of the way before it gets suppressed or simply rush it and throw a flamenade... the suppression of 1 maxim is insufficient even vs a single volks squad...

likewise the problem with conscripts is that volks simply outperform conscripts with or without the ppsh at almost every range for 10 more mp(!!!)

also the maxim is still the worst HMG in the game bar none... i even prefer to steal axis MG-34s as opposed to building a 260mp maxim that quite frankly has less suppression and firing arc than the cheaper MG-34

What is your start build?
20 Dec 2018, 08:58 AM

That is not true, WEHR (OST) does not have to build T1 and T2, they can skip 1 or 2.
Could you elaborate?

Wait, how is this possible? Ost’s frontline infantry is in T1, and its AT gun is in T2.
20 Dec 2018, 08:59 AM

Wait, how is this possible? Ost’s frontline infantry is in T1, and its AT gun is in T2.

PIONEER SPAM:sibToxic:
20 Dec 2018, 09:01 AM

PIONEER SPAM:sibToxic:

You can count on osttruppen, no really, you can!
20 Dec 2018, 09:01 AM

BTW, osstruppen will lose to conscripts in any case, if you will actually ATTACK THEM, not sit in front of them in yellow cover. Osttruppen puropse is purely defensive(especially in that revamped defensive commander), while conscripts are all-around unit with great tools, as petrol bombs and nice little flares.
Improvise, adapt, overcome.

ostruppen have plenty of defensive utilities... for starters they get a free panzerfaust while conscripts have to opt for an expensive AT nade upgrade... they have better accuracy in cover and can build trenches bunkers and sandbags whereas conscripts can only build sandbags... the molotov sucks compared to the OKW incendiary nade and is locked behind another tech upgrade which further delays the T-70... on top of that ostruppen can improve their lategame firepower with the LMG42... quite literally the only real advantages i see with the conscripts is the mine merge and oraah... this does not make the conscript worth 240mp...

lastly ostruppen are paired with the best MG ingame the best sniper ingame and the best AT gun ingame... meanwhile conscripts are paired with the worst MG ingame a moderately good sniper and a low DPM at gun which has a 35 muni barrage ability...
20 Dec 2018, 09:02 AM

Could you elaborate?

Skip t1, so only have mg, pio and maybe crappy osttruppen ? Have fun vs vickers without mortar, and without osttruppen u can not push.

Skip t2 = no anti tank, centaur, aec, m5 or t70 will push you back.
20 Dec 2018, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 08:52 AMd0ggY

What is your start build?

vs wehr
cons maxim cons cons mortar or cons cons cons maxim mortar depending on the map...

vs OKW
cons maxim maxim cons cons... ive tried a 4x cons build vs okw... doesnt work as volks just beat them shitless...
20 Dec 2018, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 09:02 AMLoxley

Skip t1, so only have mg, pio and maybe crappy osttruppen ? Have fun vs vickers without mortar, and without osttruppen u can not push.

Skip t2 = no anti tank, centaur, aec, m5 or t70 will push you back.

going both t1 and t2 as sov is prohibitively expensive aswell... especially since the at nade is locked behind expensive teching (while ost gets it for free)
20 Dec 2018, 09:09 AM

You see, when people talking, that %mg_name% is trash, i suppose, they using it wrong.
Of course you cant 1v1 versus giant blob of grens with arty officer buff behind them, but maxim can reliably do its job, when well-handed. Only MG i haven't heard bad things about is mg42, which is clearly OP with armorpiercing belt and giant ark even from my biased perspective(ostheer main for 400 hours).

the maxim is worse than the vickers and the mg-34 in both damage and suppression yet is more expensive than the MG-34 and has less arc than both... the 50 cal is a good MG aswell imo
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS