Login

russian armor

Increase light jaegars price

PAGES (18)down
2 Jan 2019, 11:28 AM

I got another question : How does their Ambush and First Strike perform compared to British Commandos? Worse, even or better?

Its the same bonus values.
Pretty much all AI ambush bonuses are the same, 50% dmg for 5 seconds.

That is inaccurate. JLI and Commandos get different bonuses for first strike and have different camo than ostheer camo that also get sprint in package, while some unit get no bonuses when firing from cover (AT infantry/weapons also.)

Commandos
Veterancy 2 grants +35% speed during ambush for 3.25 seconds; Veterancy 0 sprint Ambush bonus removed.
(they do get x1.50 accuracy at vet 0)

Since the 2 unis have different optimum ranges it is difficult to compare. JLI want to use their bonus a long to mid range while commandos want to use their bonus close range and chase the enemy on retreat.
2 Jan 2019, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 11:28 AMVipper

That is incorrect. Infantry with camo get different bonuses for first strike (AT weapon also.)

Commandos
Veterancy 2 grants +35% speed during ambush for 3.25 seconds; Veterancy 0 sprint Ambush bonus removed.

Since the 2 unis have different optimum ranges it is difficult to compare. JLI want to use their bonus a long to mid range while commandos want to use their bonus close range and chase the enemy on retreat.

Did anyone test how various CQB units perform against JLI? I mean, what are the casualties for units trying to close the distance and fight them? I discussed with Jae For Jett the idea of fighting them with LMGs, but since the G43 ignores cover, he advised me (along with other players) to use CQB troops.
2 Jan 2019, 11:48 AM

Did anyone test how various CQB units perform against JLI? I mean, what are the casualties for units trying to close the distance and fight them? I discussed with Jae For Jett the idea of fighting them with LMGs, but since the G43 ignores cover, he advised me (along with other players) to use CQB troops.

The problem is that their low target size and the 3 K98 make they rather good even at close range.

To make thing even worse JLI can sprint away from units.

That is why I have suggested to make the K98 have a flat DPS curve bellow 10, so that they worse at CQC and to remove sprint.

That would make them good long range and weak close range.
2 Jan 2019, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 11:48 AMVipper

The problem is that their low target size and the 3 K98 make they rather good even at close range.

To make thing even worse JLI can sprint away from units.

That is why I have suggested to make the K98 have a flat DPS curve bellow 10, so that they worse at CQC and to remove sprint.

That would make them good long range and weak close range.

Please tell me that you are referring to their vet 3 and vet 5 target size. It's very low indeed. Their default target size seems fine.
2 Jan 2019, 12:10 PM

Please tell me that you are referring to their vet 3 and vet 5 target size. It's very low indeed. Their default target size seems fine.

Even their vet 0 stat are high when combined with the "father land". It a combination of target and K98 DPS at close range that makes them perform rather good even at close range.
2 Jan 2019, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 11:28 AMVipper

That is inaccurate. JLI and Commandos get different bonuses for first strike and have different camo than ostheer camo that also get sprint in package, while some unit get no bonuses when firing from cover (AT infantry/weapons also.)

Commandos
(they do get x1.50 accuracy at vet 0)

Which doesn't make what I have said wrong in any slightest way.

Ambush bonus is 1.5 damage and that's it, its universal.

You're talking about vet here.
2 Jan 2019, 18:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Which doesn't make what I have said wrong in any slightest way.

Ambush bonus is 1.5 damage and that's it, its universal.

You're talking about vet here.

It's 1.5x accuracy.
2 Jan 2019, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 18:40 PMTobis

It's 1.5x accuracy.

Thank you for helping me clarify the point.

The 1.5x accuracy bonus applies only to Ostheer camo units, commandos Vet 0 and JLI.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
unknown 33
unknown 14
Germany 842

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L