Login

russian armor

The last man of ATGs and mortars

19 Dec 2018, 18:25 PM

Everyone knows when ATG or mortar have only 1, men they die. Maybe it possible reduce number of their crew on 1 man and make that they will be die when all crew members are dead? It's slightly ridiculous to see how the last man run away from battlefield. IIRC on soviet 120mm mortar it was did and it worked pretty well.
19 Dec 2018, 18:40 PM

I have a friend that made it so in the original CoH the last man left on a weapon crew would just stay there without running away or dying.

He just stayed there waiting to be reinforced by a Halftrack or something, or if you built a reinforce point next to it.

The mortar I think was a special case where the guy would pack it up and could carry it but not set it up and fire without a 2nd guy there to help him, so you could just retreat him to the HQ.

But what I mentioned above the mortar case was about the AT gun crews, since the gun is bigger and heavier, I mean of course you could have one guy pushing it really fucking slowly but it wouldn't really be realistic lol.

But yeah something like the Soviet HM-38 120mm Mortar is possible for the rest of the weapon crews, or at least was in CoH, not 100% sure about CoH2.
19 Dec 2018, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2018, 18:25 PMMaret
Everyone knows when ATG or mortar have only 1, men they die. Maybe it possible reduce number of their crew on 1 man and make that they will be die when all crew members are dead? It's slightly ridiculous to see how the last man run away from battlefield. IIRC on soviet 120mm mortar it was did and it worked pretty well.

These weapons require 2 people to operate and/or move.
They can't work with just one.
19 Dec 2018, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2018, 20:58 PMKatitof

Technically soldier could shoot from ATG and mortar only by one, but... I don't know, maybe make that the last soldier run to the base and turning into 1 mainline soldier? And you could reinforce him to full squad? It seems more logical than 1 coward running away from battlefield, while his comrades fights to the death.
19 Dec 2018, 21:43 PM
Donator 11

No it doesn't. The way you describe it, you would be able to blow up all crewmembers but one and then recrew the gun with another squad, which would result in getting one more squad.

It is the way it is for game design reason. Which is much more important than goofy looking soldier from historical perspective. Also, when we look at it that way, it is actually rather strange that there are no deserters in your army. Its innatural. So the one running guy doesn't even look that bad. And it looks definitely better than him dying without reason or being shot at, like he would in coh1.
19 Dec 2018, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2018, 20:58 PMKatitof

The soviet 120mm mortar had 280kg, 26.5kg. sooo...
19 Dec 2018, 22:06 PM
Donator 11

The soviet 120mm mortar had 280kg, 26.5kg. sooo...

Its more about animations using two models than what history really was. 120mm and mgs use one man animations, other mortars and all AT guns use two model animations. And you know one thing for certain, relic is not going to change any animations after 5 years.

Also, it actually makes the game much more real when the animations are done by more than one model, so I would not like them to switch for 1 man animations even if they had resources to do so.
19 Dec 2018, 22:31 PM

My post was more for showing up, that Katitof has no arguments. ^^
19 Dec 2018, 23:03 PM

My post was more for showing up, that Katitof has no arguments. ^^

My arguments always ignore history and go straight for gameplay so.... not running out of these anytime soon.
19 Dec 2018, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2018, 23:03 PMKatitof

My arguments always ignore history and go straight for gameplay so.... not running out of these anytime soon.

Allways changing and editing your posts are no arguments.
19 Dec 2018, 23:55 PM

Allways changing and editing your posts are no arguments.

If you don't know you need to wait 5 minutes until I patch the post and add content DLC, you are responding to me wrong.
20 Dec 2018, 01:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2018, 21:29 PMMaret

Technically soldier could shoot from ATG and mortar only by one, but... I don't know, maybe make that the last soldier run to the base and turning into 1 mainline soldier? And you could reinforce him to full squad? It seems more logical than 1 coward running away from battlefield, while his comrades fights to the death.

Simple answer is balance > than realism/realisticity.

Also, 1 man would not be able to move or reposition an at gun. Those things are heavy.
20 Dec 2018, 01:55 AM

It is ok for PaK-crews. But I like the idea of normal mortas running into the base with last man.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★