Login

russian armor

About those P-47 rocket strikes

27 Nov 2018, 20:45 PM

So this is probably not really new information, but I've just played a match against Etherial Dragon and decided to watch the replay afterwards because I was wondering whatever happened to his P4 that was harrassing my flanks.

What I noticed was kind of ridiculous in my opinion. I had picked the Airborne commander which I almost never use and just thought I'd use the planes to kill of his ISGs (found out later that it dosen't even hit non-armor targets :facepalm:)

What it DID do however was taking out his P4 at a time when it was waaay out of the range shown on the map and completely within the fow back deep in his own base.

That seems pretty insane in my opinion. The ability should perform well enough for the cost without being able to kill of enemies long after they moved out of the shown range, otherwise what's the point of even making the effort?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I would still like to hear some comments on this :)

27 Nov 2018, 20:59 PM

Afaik it's caused by the pintle mount firing and reveiling the tank to the plane, after which the tank can be targeted even if no other units spot it. Lost a King Tiger because of this once. It's kinda unfair because even knowing this there's nothing that can be done as the pintle mount ignores the hold fire button.
27 Nov 2018, 21:00 PM

Im not sure if they can "fix" the stafing out of the circle. Once the plane targets something it will stafe the target no matter what. So for example he might have been in the circle while the plane was targeting but then reversed out of the circle but the plane already targeted so it stafe him anyways.
27 Nov 2018, 21:10 PM

Area circle is for targetting.

Once target is aquired, you can move to the other map and planes will follow.

All loitering planes work this way since forever.
27 Nov 2018, 21:17 PM

Im not sure if they can "fix" the stafing out of the circle. Once the plane targets something it will stafe the target no matter what. So for example he might have been in the circle while the plane was targeting but then reversed out of the circle but the plane already targeted so it stafe him anyways.

I'm sure you guys are right, but man that tank was far away from the circle when it got hit o_O
27 Nov 2018, 21:21 PM

I'm sure you guys are right, but man that tank was far away from the circle when it got hit o_O

I haven't watched the replay but it's usually caused by the tank's pintle mount engaging aircraft and because of this getting target locked for the next strike at the very edge of the circle (without any other units having vision) before the planes turn around for the next strike, meaning the tank can indeed be about half the map away by then and still get shot at.
27 Nov 2018, 21:35 PM

SCAS can do the same thing. This is one of many reasons that loiter abilities are dumb and shouldn't be in the game.
28 Nov 2018, 00:21 AM

I think a lot of these types of problems can be alleviated by having a "disable AA" option on vehicles, or giving a targeting icon on which vehicle is actually targeted.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★