Login

russian armor

Spotting Scopes

3 Dec 2018, 21:07 PM

Sure, but buff Stug range so it can trade max range shots with allied TD without having to move closer to the battle line. Also buff armor and HP on the half-track and scout car to compensate for the extra exposure to hostile fire.

E: also buff mortar range.

Ostheer is outranged on all fronts by the allies which forces them to attack standoff players. Being able to see what you *have* to assault beforehand is the major reason scopes are the way they are.

=====

Sure, if increase the cost and reduce armor :)
Like 16 pop cost :)
Then we give allied tanks german tanks stats, give 'em MG42, LMG42, STG44...

Mirror stat factions yay! You want Germans to have all the things allies have, right?
... But then Allies get all that Axis has, too! <444>3

Should German tanks be able to de-crew and self-repair and cap flags like USF tanks too?
Buy tank commanders like UKF tanks?
Cap flags like Soviets do ? :)
3 Dec 2018, 21:09 PM

I'm happy with things they way they are TBH. The point of my post is that spotting scopes are there to hedge the asymmetrical range disadvantages OST faces. Maybe I should have pointed out I was being sarcastic with the buffs as I do enjoy the asymmetry.

I enjoy assymetry too.
But people wanting 'assymetry" to be one side has all the pros and other side has all the cons
is unsporting to say the least :)

EDIT : I am immune to sarcasm. Wife tells me I have aspergers :p
9 Dec 2018, 14:53 PM
Donator 11

I have no issues with having spotting scopes nerfed, but soviet mortar flares needs to be moved back to vet 1 and need to be more expensive. In game modes where you have 2 soviets at least it basically means constant vision on most of the map and even wiping mortars does nothing as they have the ability right from the get go.
9 Dec 2018, 15:10 PM

The scope has to be removed as commando-ability. 222 should be the only unit with that upgrade, non-doc.
9 Dec 2018, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 14:53 PMguczy
I have no issues with having spotting scopes nerfed, but soviet mortar flares needs to be moved back to vet 1 and need to be more expensive. In game modes where you have 2 soviets at least it basically means constant vision on most of the map and even wiping mortars does nothing as they have the ability right from the get go.

I do agree with moving them back to vet 1, but making them more expensive less so. They require manpower into a weakened class of units (very support now, not all stars like before), that takes units off the front (this matters vs the likes of OKW who are going to bully the Soviet hard man for man), it requires upkeep and vet (in our nerf scenario) and then finally has to be in range. That leaves a good few boxes needing checked. When there exists literally flare anywhere and flare from your Frontline infantry abilities I see no reason for a support unit to not be effective support so long as certain criteria are met
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★