Login

russian armor

P2W whine thread.

PAGES (10)down
24 Sep 2013, 18:09 PM

4 euro each ? With a discount to being 3 euro ?!? (while the other comms are 2.50 each).

No one gets them for free(p2w element spotted already ... ) ?

How to defend you Relic ? I mean it.
The moment you do something fine - balancing the game to a somewhat good state, while porting on good old maps, you just HAVE to screw everything up ...

I completely lost fate in all of your team. I really don't care what promises are you going to give us about anything anymore, because let's face it -

- public game lobbies,
- ladders,
- chat,
- anti-cheat,
- input lag,
- archaic replay system.

They are still out of the game, while some people have payed more than 100 bucks all for what essentially ? I recently bought the CE upgrade just to support you, knowing it was bad deal overall, but after seeing you put some effort in the recent time you deserved it.

Now everything has changed for me. I completely disagree with this p2w nonsense, although I can afford it, I choose not to.

At least be f*ckin honest would ya ? EA states 60$ for Bf4 game , 50$ for premium. That's it. You know from before alpha how much and for what are you spending your money.

There are a lot more slots in the commanders section meaning there are going to be a lot more p2w commanders in the future, not to mention the bulletin section ..

I made this thread as a place to directly complain against your shenanigans, while the unit thread is only for balancing / gameplay wise information.

24 Sep 2013, 18:21 PM

Pasting over what I said from the discussion on another thread, which pretty well sums up my own opinions on this method of money-making:

Up until this point, I suppose I hadn't felt like I was missing out, since the other commanders are just rejiggles of abilities I already have, and I guess, the odd ability I don't have. But that's fine - I haven't really, wholly felt like I've been missing out on one ability.

What annoys me is that if this progresses how it is, which is no doubt the plan, then there are going to be a plethora of units unavailable to me, simply because I don't wish to pay the extra money for them. I'd rather spend the extra money buying a beer at dinner this weekend, or buying some extra shopping. Or having it go towards a subscription on an MMO, or onto buying another little, cool indie game on steam. I steer clear of F2P models because I hate feeling like I'm missing out on the full potential of the game, because I'm not the sort who likes to spend lots of money on one game, for however long the developers choose to create the content - and that's my own gripe, unique to me. not saying all feel like that. This is why I buy my games, and subscribe to them - because I like to avoid this scenario. Now, I've bought the game, and I'm still having to buy content for it? And this isn't just simple cosmetic-stuff, fluff. These are entirely new units that affect how I play the game, and I how I play against other people.

That's shit, man - and I hope, truly, we see Relic go back on this decision to charge for fundamental content.
24 Sep 2013, 18:22 PM

I'm really torn on this. Do the commanders look fun to play? Yes. Can I afford it? Yes.
The balance team and their efforts so far seem better than what we experienced with DoW2 so far as well. The fact that the game still does not have a number of basic MP features this far after release is not promising though (whereas paid DLC seems more the priority than providing these MP features). My real concerns are that the balance patch efforts will never keep up with how much the game balance/meta changes each time a new batch of commanders gets added to the game and that players will be missing out on a substantial amount of content every 3-4 months unless they shell out an additional $12-15 each time. I don't have the impression that Relic has planned or thought this through very well but I also realize it is really Sega that is forcing this type of monetization. Relic has been surprisingly mute about the whole thing as well. I would guess the paid DLC is meant to allow them to then continue to support/add MP features that are missing?
24 Sep 2013, 19:20 PM

yea commanders are too expensive because when you think about it. if new content keeps and you keep buying them, you might spend over $200 on a single game, especially on something that was supposed to be free in the first place. if relic wants to make money through dlcs than commanders are not the way to go. new missions and skins are the best options to make money with not commanders!
24 Sep 2013, 19:34 PM

3.00 is pretty expensive for a commander when you think about it... If you buy the full pack that's 12 bucks!!! Basically 1/3 what you paid for the game!! God dammit what happened??! This SUCKS
24 Sep 2013, 19:41 PM

If Relic will keep his DLC policy on every new stuff, even on those god damn faceplates then CoH2 will be dead within 1 year.

People totally dislike any kind of p2w, and those new commanders are perfect example for it. altho it's a good change that you've decided to add more abilities to game but at what cost? People are now raging so badly because of that
24 Sep 2013, 20:52 PM

Permanently Banned
pak43 and howiter is totally useless now if you buy that New howitzer commander with airplane omgfg.
24 Sep 2013, 20:59 PM

Well now I see why they disabled developer mode after release,to sell their skins and commanders :)...modders would've made this game much better,I get the feeling that Eastern Front Mod is better than the actual CoH 2...
24 Sep 2013, 22:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If Relic will keep his DLC policy on every new stuff, even on those god damn faceplates then CoH2 will be dead within 1 year.

I don't go on the faceplates either, but like you, I bought the upgrade of the game. And like you, i also visit War Thunder, where they presumably make money from decals, plane skins etc And presumably, successfully, if what we read is to be believed.

People totally dislike any kind of p2w,

Just no....World of Tanks and War Thunder alone disprove this.

and those new commanders are perfect example for it. altho it's a good change that you've decided to add more abilities to game but at what cost? People are now raging so badly because of that

I would think the radical departure on these new Commanders will (generally) attract rather than repel. Of course,there will be some who rage, but that will always be so

24 Sep 2013, 22:42 PM

I would be fine to pay one time 10-15€ for all commanders that exist and will exist. This way it feels just like a ripoff.
24 Sep 2013, 22:50 PM

yeah, i agree. buying them piecemeal is just stupid, though i probably will because i can afford it and they look pretty cool

sorry guys
24 Sep 2013, 22:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I would be fine to pay one time 10-15€ for all commanders that exist and will exist. This way it feels just like a ripoff.

The cost of these new Commanders,frankly,is pisswilly.

It is uncommercial to keep arguing (as so many of you apparently do)that you should have everything now at a fixed price, and pay nothing more.All you do is guarantee less and less patching and the disappearance of the game sooner rather than later.
24 Sep 2013, 23:00 PM

I sort of think releasing these before the commanders that exist have got around to a rejigging is a bit high-risk. Once someone's paid for an individual commander, how much can you deal with blatantly out of line stuff in it before some pillock accuses you of ripping them off?

Also, seriously, do I gather these are not free for people with the CE? I don't have it, but I think it's just ridiculously unwise if that's the case.

Not that I think TOV was any different : p

Edit: and, for the record, if the CE doesn't include all future commanders, I have no idea why on earth I'd get it... if it did, I'd probably be tempted to.
24 Sep 2013, 23:50 PM

Totally agree with OP.

DLC works in one way: when it's post-launch content for a game to EXTEND ITS LIFE OR IMPROVE IT. It only works when the base game is actually FINISHED; i.e. ALL of the features are in, and the balance is down to a fine art (i.e. buffs/nerfs of 1-3%).

CoH2 is not there. It's not even close. There are massive imbalances in the game that have yet to be solved, or even be solved on paper by relic (i.e. say what you're investigating). There's no leaderboards, and honestly, it's getting hard to believe that there ever were going to be any. Relic claims that it's some third-party company that "they have no control over"; however, by now, any rational company would have fired this contract job and hired a new group to do the job.

In addition, the game isn't even up-to-par with what we had in 2006: there is NO lobby to search for custom games, the replay featue is honestly terrible and there's input lag just like in the Alpha.

Relic needs to FIX the game before adding new content like this. I could understand skins, as it's basically just the art department doing something, while also gathering more money to fund the fixing of the game. That makes sense. But DLC that adds new gameplay mechanics, while the existing ones barely work doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint, UNLESS the model was for COH2 to be a quick "money-grab" game. Why would anyone pay money ON TOP of the existing $60-$100 price tag if the initial content barely works? People (most, anyway), only buy DLC when actually satisfied with the initial product. COH-OF did well because vCoH was so well made and tuned post-launch. Only once the game was polished to a VERY high degree did COH-OF actually get revealed/released.

This is just illogical.

Basically, there's a reason I have over 1,000 hours in vCoH (and both Xpacks), but didn't pre-order COH2, waited for it to go on sale, and even then haven't played since august. The game ISN'T finished. It's just not.
25 Sep 2013, 00:08 AM

The cost of these new Commanders,frankly,is pisswilly.

It is uncommercial to keep arguing (as so many of you apparently do)that you should have everything now at a fixed price, and pay nothing more.All you do is guarantee less and less patching and the disappearance of the game sooner rather than later.

For the cost of the new 4 Commanders I could buy a new great Indiegame. Or if I want all commanders currently avaible I would pay 40€. WTF? I payed 40€ for the Game.
And what is in 2 months? 8 new commanders? For 20€?

"Hey friend, buy this game its gameplay is really cool" - "Oh yeah I heard of it, wasn't it the shitgame where you have to buy additional units?" - "Well... yeah... but... ... the Gameplay!" - "..." - "Ok ok, I know its bullshit. I guess I will stop playing, too".
The End.
25 Sep 2013, 00:11 AM

Permanently Banned
COH 2 IS PAY TO WIN, NUFF SAID.
25 Sep 2013, 00:13 AM
Benefactor 115

What if I could spam my Facebook friends with CoH2 stuff??!
Like, for every like I get 20 Fuel and 10 Ammo while in game, would be awesome, I heard today games are all about Social!!!
25 Sep 2013, 00:18 AM

so where i make the treads in non dlc comander advice.

hello i am undostrescuatro no payer. how do i deal with op commander withouth my own op comander? well at least i got shock commander.
25 Sep 2013, 00:24 AM

Others have said it before but I'll say it again. This is a slap in the face to all that have preordered and bought DLC at a time when Relic was struggling.

Thanks to these changes, even if Preorders/DLC got it for free, the community wouldn't grow at all if not shrink and because of that, essentially, we payed all that extra for a shrinking game.

I'm seriously hoping Relic changes their policy. Otherwise, more ppl will end up leaving.

25 Sep 2013, 00:32 AM
Donator 11

Spend 100$/80€already before the game came out to support relic/thq, I was pretty sad about the changes about pre-order bonuses etc and lately kinda upset about what I actually paid for: some skins which are useless, commanders which are pretty much all the same and now, where finally new units come out I still have to pay for them...
Another 12€ even with discount. Sux.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight