Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
25 Sep 2013, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 08:24 AMNullist

I havent implied or accused anything.
Just asking for ladder page so I can understand what kind of experiential background he is making his claims from.

Mine is in my sig.

Jesus,man you still haven't played a game in months? Stop posting and play already. Don't you atleast want to try out one of the new commanders?
25 Sep 2013, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 08:30 AMAbdul

Which confirm that your comments are pretty useless. lol

When you are not busy qqing your soviet loving whines, you derail the thread attacking other members stats.

Get a life please.
25 Sep 2013, 08:36 AM

When you are not busy qqing your soviet loving whines, you derail the thread attacking other members stats.

Get a life please.

you are his teammate, in everything, lol!
25 Sep 2013, 08:38 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Let me just start by saying that being one of those who pre-ordered the CE I am pretty annoyed that I have had to pay for these new commanders and learning to hear that there is no more free content for CE holders. I put my faith in Relic and I hoped I would receive some pretty decent content for my £70. However it turns out all I got was some extra skins, a 'shiny faceplate' one or two extra commanders and CaseBlue. This has got to be some kind of joke. I expected way more than this seriously. We who forked out in the beginning should be at-least entitled to 2 DLC addons, many more commanders and all the current new faceplates should be free without question.

Now onto people saying that new DLC content is pay2win it is most definitely not. Rather it is pay to get more variety. At first it may seem like these new commanders are overpowered but that's because people are struggling to find out ways to counter them. I have learned and experience first hand that the new German Mechanized Doctrine with it's 0cp Assault Grenadiers really suffer against well microed m3+flamers. So guys before you start to bitch and whine about it being unfair and curse relic try and use your brains for once and figure out ways to counter something yourself before jumping on the forums and complain...
25 Sep 2013, 08:46 AM

I have learned and experience first hand that the new German Mechanized Doctrine with it's 0cp Assault Grenadiers really suffer against well microed m3+flamers.

very good solution that can work against ag spam, but I don't think it would work if the german player makes 2 ag and then transitions to t2 and makes a scout car, right?

By the way it would be awesome if u could share your thoughts on this commander in a thread I made specifically for it.
25 Sep 2013, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 08:46 AMAbdul

very good solution that can work against ag spam, but I don't think it would work if the german player makes 2 ag and then transitions to t2 and makes a scout car, right?

By the way it would be awesome if u could share your thoughts on this commander in a thread I made specifically for it.

You can also use the molotovs inbetween you to keep them from getting close. Atleast I know that works against pgrens.
25 Sep 2013, 08:55 AM
Patrion 14

@Hans: Check this out. It's pretty black and white what they intended to include (I only found it yesterday as well...). I figured it would be like Retribution - loads of content at an amazing price. So far I feel its like "hey this is how sega work - we'll give you a fraction of whats available in our £70 edition and charge you for even more for being loyal and preordering! sounds great right?".
25 Sep 2013, 08:57 AM

If it were a completely different faction, there won't be so much angst about it. But you can easily pick different commanders ingame and you don't need to go assault grens during that game. I mean, you can pick from 3 commanders so you can use it when

a) Opponent goes T2
b) You go T2 and get assault grens with scout cars.

ie, this is a choice that is far too flexible.
25 Sep 2013, 09:14 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 08:30 AMAbdul

Which confirm that your comments are pretty useless. lol

Third time you avoid posting your ladder page.

So be it. I'm not surprised you won't.
25 Sep 2013, 09:22 AM

Now onto people saying that new DLC content is pay2win it is most definitely not. Rather it is pay to get more variety.

Bit too early to call it either way, until we all get some games under our belts with this current patch. So saying it is "definitely" not or is p2w is shooting the gun imo.

Personally, i'm all for new content. But I would have liked the game to be up to scratch before paid for dlc was introduced. I.e. Proper ladder and in-game lobbies. Chat box and so forth. I understand Relic had issues (THQ going under) that complicated the process with Coh2, and I can certainly empathize and feel that the team probably did a good job with the resources and time they had available, but as the customer, if you advertise that your game has ladders at release and it does not, the buck stops with you (even if someone else in reality dropped the ball, such is life). Coh2.org did a great job filling in the gap, and grats to them and Relic, but they should never have arrived at that point and that they are releasing paid for dlc before the game is up to scratch ultimately reflects badly on Relic and Sega I feel. It appears less then professional and leaves them open to all sorts of criticism.

Edit: Just to add, I appreciate the lads@Relic and Noun are working hard and some elements are not entirely in their hands, such as the mess with ladders, so this is not really aimed at them. I'm sure we have all being in similar situations in our work lives and had to take the flak for situations we were not responsible for. It's a difficult position and so far, the team has acted with professionalism, so when I say Relic and Sega appear less then professional with regards to the ladder situation, I don't mean that to reflect on the team who are doing their jobs, more so the brands and higher up's.
25 Sep 2013, 09:22 AM

Let me just start by saying that being one of those who pre-ordered the CE I am pretty annoyed that I have had to pay for these new commanders and learning to hear that there is no more free content for CE holders. I put my faith in Relic and I hoped I would receive some pretty decent content for my £70. However it turns out all I got was some extra skins, a 'shiny faceplate' one or two extra commanders and CaseBlue. This has got to be some kind of joke. I expected way more than this seriously. We who forked out in the beginning should be at-least entitled to 2 DLC addons, many more commanders and all the current new faceplates should be free without question.

Now onto people saying that new DLC content is pay2win it is most definitely not. Rather it is pay to get more variety. At first it may seem like these new commanders are overpowered but that's because people are struggling to find out ways to counter them. I have learned and experience first hand that the new German Mechanized Doctrine with it's 0cp Assault Grenadiers really suffer against well microed m3+flamers. So guys before you start to bitch and whine about it being unfair and curse relic try and use your brains for once and figure out ways to counter something yourself before jumping on the forums and complain...

I agree with you .
25 Sep 2013, 10:30 AM

At first it may seem like these new commanders are overpowered but that's because people are struggling to find out ways to counter them. I have learned and experience first hand that the new German Mechanized Doctrine with it's 0cp Assault Grenadiers really suffer against well microed m3+flamers. So guys before you start to bitch and whine about it being unfair and curse relic try and use your brains for once and figure out ways to counter something yourself before jumping on the forums and complain...

Perhaps you should take some of your own advice, after your 20 minute rant yesterday.
25 Sep 2013, 10:47 AM

Fully agree: this CE is the worst CE I have ever seen. How it can even be called a "Collectors Edition" when there is nothing to collect is beyond me. It is a fully digital release (except for the few steelboxes, which make up for like 1% of sales) so the "CE" title is terribly chosen.
You'd expect a damn lot of extra content when you pay for a Collectors Edition that has exactly zero goodies to go with it. Not so: you get a few silly skins, some singleplayer content most of us don't care about and a lousy faceplate some designer couldve made in an hour or so.
I really feel ripped off with this CE, it absolutely didn't give value for money one bit.

That said I spent hundreds of hours playing this game, and I don't mind paying the 10 bucks to get the extra commanders. It's still a really cheap pastime.
It's not the money I care about, it's the attitude Relic emitted with this CE that's just no good: I trusted you guys with my money more than half a year before the release. I blindly bought the CE cause I regarded Relic that highly after CoH1. And man, do I feel now like you guys were just trying to grab as much cash as you could back then. Not nice!
25 Sep 2013, 11:00 AM

Regarding the collectors edition talk:

I got the hardcopy collectors edition and it's the only game I have EVER got a collectors edition of. I got it because of the awesomeness that relic gave me with CoH 1 and I wanted to give a little back to the company.

IMO that's the ONLY reason to buy a collectors edition. What you get in any collectors edition is not worth the extra cost. It's a case of do you want to support the company, be a super fan and maybe get a little extra.

PS. I worked in a games store a few years ago and I can tell you this doesn't even come any where near the "worst collectors edition".
25 Sep 2013, 11:02 AM

Noun wrote this in the official forums:

Q: What happened to the old Collector’s Edition?

A: The original Collector’s Edition was put together by THQ. Now that Relic is owned by SEGA we’ve had a chance to review the offer and make it even better for our most dedicated fans.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/-Company-of-Heroes-2-Collectors-Edition-PreOrder-FAQ

Apart from that, pre-orders were treated pretty much the same. They also get the ToW Case Blue DLC. Fucking yay for the CE...

25 Sep 2013, 11:13 AM

Very excited about new russian commanders...only time will tell if they will improve the game or ruin it.
25 Sep 2013, 11:29 AM

I agree with what DerBaer said, preorders got a large chunk of CE stuff. So what did you get for preordering CE? imo CE is something you should of grabbed if you didn't preorder. I'm normally quite content to lurk & my previous post in this thread as well as this are just for me to get this off my chest.

I know relic wont give two craps what I think even if they did read this & all fault is my own for purchasing the CE as preorder, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... so yeah lesson learned.

Now we know sales of at least 33% are on the cards I think I'll just wait for the steam christmas sale (probably a 50%-66%!) & pick up the new stuff from now till then in one bargin bundle. As for collectors edition I'll skip that in favour of a regular preorder from now on as far as relic is concerned.

Sorry if this is ranty/rude I just needed to vent :3
25 Sep 2013, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 16:40 PMCaeltos

Oh no, the vocal minority are posting their opinions and think they're the majority. Whatever shall we do? ಥ⌣ಥ

Gold mine for comedy.

well, sry my fould. dont check the other forums! just read this thread ;)
25 Sep 2013, 12:29 PM

Quick question: How does the naming go between the 'lightning war doctrine' and the 'blitzkrieg doctrine' in the German version of the game. I'm seriously interested.
25 Sep 2013, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 11:02 AMDerBaer

Apart from that, pre-orders were treated pretty much the same. They also get the ToW Case Blue DLC. Fucking yay for the CE...

This. If you bought the CE you wasted your money.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS