Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
24 Sep 2013, 00:05 AM

Did you even watch it. He said shocks are still 1cp. Which means if the soviet player goes for T0 units assault Pgrens will have a few minutes of free raign as long as they don't run into multiple conscripts. Although no one has tried them yet, I was just stating a concern.

Hey dude, did you even watch it? They said that the 0CP was a typo and that it is actually 1CP, so in laments terms just for you this means that Assault Grens and Shocks come out at the same CP. lol
24 Sep 2013, 00:20 AM
Senior Editor Badge

SNF will ban this commanders for season 5 (just a bet :P )
24 Sep 2013, 00:21 AM

Looks like the half track and pgrens cost 560 mp and 55 fuel.
24 Sep 2013, 00:22 AM

I'm with Z3r07 on this. To me, Commanders kind of feel like different factions from any Relic RTS - you can just own WH40k DoW and still play people who owned all expos. Was that p2w because some people paid to get access to Dark Eldar or Neurons and some didn't?

Also as no one has had a chance to play with the new Commanders I think it might be a smidge to early for in depth analysis of which of them are OP...
24 Sep 2013, 00:29 AM

I just hope that the new German Trench isn't going to be Soviet Sandbag v2.0.

By that, I mean the exploit that allows spammable incomplete sandbags blocking off chokepoints to everything and anything except tanks.

The above issue still isn't fixed, by the way.
24 Sep 2013, 00:40 AM

The maps are free.

The the 4 1941 Commanders will be free for multiplayer (the ones shown off on Thursday).

The Commanders shown off today will not be free.

The Case Blue is just the Theater of War mini pack. The Commanders are seperate.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm seeing some Deja vu here. It's almost like that fiasco of a game Total War: Rome 2 and the Greek States Pack...

Nah, that must be just me.
24 Sep 2013, 00:44 AM

Personally, I think DoW2 and Dota2 got it right - only cosmetics sold for MP. This is a big departure for Relic - but likely they have no choice in the matter.
24 Sep 2013, 01:40 AM

Are those commanders free if you own collectors edition ? Or does everyone have to buy the commanders?
24 Sep 2013, 01:42 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Wow I love these new doctrines especially the Ostheer ones. Looking forward to trying them both out and creating new strategies with them =D.
24 Sep 2013, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 00:03 AMZ3r07

For me, this is exactly the same as a new army, different abilities and options, but not necessarily better.

The major key difference here is that

Since these are commanders and you can have 3 commanders in a game, this means that you can have 3 commanders doing completely different things, meaning you have a ridiculous amount of choice in game as opposed to picking a completely different army prior the game. It's like having a choice of Tank Destroyers, Defence and Terror as doctrines in the one game in COH1.

I'm fine with new abilities and options being available but these must be made free to anyone who decided to pay $60 for the game.

This is the first game I've heard/played where the devs clearly decided to segregate ppl who have payed $60 and ppl who got the DCE with things that severely affect gameplay in game.
24 Sep 2013, 01:49 AM

I think they need to have a deal where if you have bought 3 commanders you get one for free. something that is cheaper for everyone who is coming into the game now. I mean its getting a bit expensive for just a game. I personally am well over $100 into it. This is going to be a huge turn off to new players and people who can barely afford the game at $60. If we aren't getting new players this game is going to die very fast. I personally will be getting the mech assault commander the second it comes out, but i already feel for the people who only have the base game commanders. missing out on spearhead doc is bad enough. my favorite commander so far, spearhead, and will probly go back after a couple of games cause EVERYONE is going to be going mech assault. Well, everyone who can afford it. I mostly do team games with friends, so the implications of someone getting t0 MP40 grens in a team game... imagine 2 or 3 go mech assault. i dont know if 4v4 will have any soviet players after tomorow...
24 Sep 2013, 02:05 AM

I think the first patch of Commanders should have been free, but any later ones would have been fine as paid.

The first new commanders in any design scheme will always be made with any current deficiencies in the balance scheme in mind, as such they serve to shore up or make the current game more interesting in case it's getting stale. And let's face it, it has been getting stale.

They just need to go and make the multiplayer free to play already, and give their fans this early DLC free for buying up front.

If you need a monetary motivation. Well, no one buys DLC for a mutliplayer game that no one plays. You need both older dedicated players as well as new blood to maintain a good community.
24 Sep 2013, 02:05 AM

armored vehicle detection? Troll ability of all time
24 Sep 2013, 02:17 AM

This is a business model that works fine for SP games but not for MP, where balance and accessibility to units/strats for a level playing field is paramount. Even League of Legends, which has a similar model, A) does not have a $60+ entry fee B) allows unlocking of heros (or commanders in this case) through playing the game over time. I am curious what the schedule is for these DLC paid commanders - every 3-4 months? It will be daunting for players wanting to get into the MP game and frustrating if balance/meta is upended that often.
24 Sep 2013, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 01:44 AMhubewa

This is the first game I've heard/played where the devs clearly decided to segregate ppl who have payed $60 and ppl who got the DCE with things that severely affect gameplay in game.

shogun 2 had factions that were paid. this isnt the first game to do this and it wont be the last
24 Sep 2013, 02:29 AM
Patrion 27

I'm not even too worried how much damage the M-42 AT gun can do as long as it can deal with light vehicles decently it seems like a super sick weapon. I thought an mg or at gun would never be a call-in but these seem nice and very maneuverable based on the replay.

I feel like we won't be forced into going for a Guards commander now against light vehicles which may allow for some more creative tactics.

I also think the forward HQ is nice to have since Soviets have no way to reinforce in-field until now compared to bunkers and half-tracks from Ostheer.
24 Sep 2013, 02:32 AM

Shogun 2, also published by Sega, is a turn based game where an even higher percentage of players just play SP (where balance is not a concern compared to MP). But maybe this is a sign that a Relic RTS is about on par to a SP turn based game when it comes to business decisions based on the % of people who play MP.
24 Sep 2013, 02:36 AM

Shogun 2, also published by Sega, is a turn based game where an even higher percentage of players just play SP (where balance is not a concern compared to MP). But maybe this is a sign that a Relic RTS is about on par to a SP turn based game when it comes to business decisions based on the % of people who play MP.

'Tis a sad day, indeed. You'd think $100+ for a game would be enough, but nope.

To be perfectly honest, I would have been fine with adding this type of paid game features if the base game had been balanced thoroughly first and cleaned of all bugs and glitches. As someone said earlier, it is essentially what Opposing Fronts did but on a smaller scale.

However, with the way things are looking, if all these new mechanics are going to be released every couple of months without the prior balance and bugs figured out yet, then I'm afraid this game might never reach that vCoH level of balance everyone is waiting for.

There's enough problems in the game already that people are frustrated with, we don't need to add more (yay for German panzerschrek/LMG clown cars and T0 infantry spam).

You don't fix something that's broken by piling more potentially broken shit on top of it. You fix it by actually fixing it.
24 Sep 2013, 02:45 AM

well if tomorrow's patch doesn't address the input lag i will be very disappointed. this is something that really needs to be addressed and yes, we want dlc and more content, but, there are some issues that really need to be fixed. i mean they should give us these new commanders for free for having to put up with the unit lag and all the actual lag in the game.
24 Sep 2013, 02:45 AM

sry double posted
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment