Option Distribution Votes
11%
16%
74%
Total votes: 38
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Nov 2018, 16:05 PM

Im just wondering...:loco:

What if shermans had the same smoke pots as the Panzer Tactician gives for OST. It would be really useful to them since they do rely on fast maneuvers rather than better positioning as the P4.
I could even think of swapping those skills, in order to keep some assimetry. They could help covering OST infantry since they are more fragile since midgame and forth. I would like extra smoke options as Osteer.
This give USF a much needed buff to overcome midgame, maybe?

What do you guys think?
6 Nov 2018, 16:07 PM

The Sherman smoke is to cover offensives, not meant to be a panic butto, that kind of garbage should be restricted not made widely available.
6 Nov 2018, 16:10 PM

Its not garbage, its annoying, those are two wide different concepts...
6 Nov 2018, 16:12 PM

Garbage as in, unfun to play against, ask people what they think of vet1 Scotts that can ninja smoke and avoid death quite effortlessly.
6 Nov 2018, 17:02 PM

i 'm with outsider sidaroth, the german tank smoke is no brainer as the shermab smoke is pretty usefull and i honestly like to see what would happened if USF sherman smoke would be give to P4. Would halp creat some great assault.
6 Nov 2018, 17:31 PM

Ninja smoke makes sense in vehicles with no armor and low HP, not on regular tanks, except maybe the Tiger Ace.
6 Nov 2018, 17:45 PM

Agreed, it's garbage. Panzer Tactician is one of the most boring / unbalanced abilities in the game, we need less of it, not more.
6 Nov 2018, 18:08 PM
Patrion 14

Smoke pots and the smoke canisters ability are great examples of bad/ good game design. At the end of the day, they both do the same thing, create smoke. However, the execution is what makes these abilities.

One one hand: smoke pots. Press a button, and your tank is immediately smoked. No casting time, no targeting. As a result, you also immediately reset enemy weapon's aim times, and even if they attack ground ASAP, you have a good chance of escape. The entire impetuous on working around the ability is on your opponent. Bad design.

Smoke Canister on the other hand, both have a cast time and are targeted. This ensures that some degree of fore-planning is required to use them effectively. Not only that, but the ability itself can be used in many ways. You can use it defensively when retreating to cover your escape. You can use it to cover another friendly tank in trouble. You can smoke enemy sight-lines before a push. You can use it to support infantry. There are almost limitless possibilities!

In terms of this poll, I disagree with the options. I say give Smoke canisters instead of smoke pots to all armor, and delete smoke pots entirely except for light vehicles (Puma, AEC, M20, etc.).
7 Nov 2018, 00:43 AM

Sherman smoke is fine as it is. It takes more micro but is more versatile (like a lot of things usf has it seems). Panzer tactician isn’t unbalanced, but it’s a little cheesy as a panic button but at the same time nowhere near as offensively useful or versatile as sherman smoke canisters. Such easy, on demand access to smoke is actually one of the things that makes me want to build Shermans instead of just always spamming Jacksons, among other things.
7 Nov 2018, 01:42 AM

As said, the sherman smoke is the better designed. But in practice the panzer tac is far superior due to how little the player needs to put into it in order to force extra micro on the enemy. Bonus points for it countering button for cheaper that button....
7 Nov 2018, 09:05 AM

If anything, change Panzer tactician to be USF or UKF tank smoke, not the other way around.
Panzer tactician is OP as hell.
9 Nov 2018, 02:46 AM

If anything, change Panzer tactician to be USF or UKF tank smoke, not the other way around.
Panzer tactician is OP as hell.

Thats a great idea, i would like that too!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment