Login

russian armor

Axis bunker spam

4 Nov 2018, 11:35 AM

I know it has been a long time since the last time I played this game, but people just seems to pay no worry to the axis bunker spam in the team games!!! The building itself is not op at all but spamming it without any pop-cap or resources income deduction penalty is too cheesy to counter. Especially in a situation of a linear map when elephants or JT, and Panzerwerfer are guarding them. There was one game I played( which I know is kind of extreme) that each of the victory points was having five bunkers guarding them. After the game, I went through the replay of the match and realized that those Axis players literally built 32 bunkers on the map, and even themselves were having some traffic problem.

Here is my solution:
OST and OKW MG bunker needs to have pop cap count: 3 or 4 will be the best.
US MG bunker also needs to have pop cap count: 2 or 3 will be good considering that they are not immune to small arms fire.

Just in case some of you guys need me to show my player card, here you go:
Personal Best rank(not current rank since I have thrown all of my time into college work and have no time to play this game for more than 2 months):
SOV(4v4) top 10
USF(4v4) top 10
UKF(4v4) 100ish
OST(4v4) 100ish
4 Nov 2018, 12:02 PM

I know how it is because i have experienced it many times. I also had games in which Wehrmacht players were setting bunkers as soon as me and my friends had retreated to reinforce, and when we returned, we couldn't do anything. The same thing was happening in every fight, until they reached our base with this cancerous strategy.

I have also said that all factions should get pop cap to their bunkers so that they will be less spammable. Wehrmacht and USF can't just spam bunkers everywhere and also have a sizeable army in the field.
4 Nov 2018, 13:56 PM

I have said this countless times: the (only) issue with axis bunkers is the ludicrous sight bonus that comes with the MG42 upgrade. A cheap 0 popcap unit that provides more sight than a vet 2 sniper is simply not ok and the only reason why this strat works in the first place.

If the sight bonus would be gone, everything should be fixed.
4 Nov 2018, 14:53 PM

I don't even understand the reason why the OKW Bunker isn't flat out replaced by a Concrete bunker or at least come already with an MG, I mean there's no other upgrade available to it and it's even shittier structure to garrison than the trench.
4 Nov 2018, 19:04 PM

They're adding popcap to it in the upcoming patch, right?

That'll go a long way to help. Too bad aboot the sight.
4 Nov 2018, 22:14 PM

I have said this countless times: the (only) issue with axis bunkers is the ludicrous sight bonus that comes with the MG42 upgrade. A cheap 0 popcap unit that provides more sight than a vet 2 sniper is simply not ok and the only reason why this strat works in the first place.

If the sight bonus would be gone, everything should be fixed.

yea the slef spotting is just..... why? seriously. it can see further than it shoots!
4 Nov 2018, 23:30 PM

They're adding popcap to it in the upcoming patch, right?

Only for the MG upgrade of the new concrete bunkers
5 Nov 2018, 06:47 AM

Only for the MG upgrade of the new concrete bunkers

So the normal bunker will still be popcap free?

da fek mang
5 Nov 2018, 09:00 AM

Yeah, this is becoming a noticeable issue.

The main problem is if you end up playing (team games this is) against a bunker spammer as a faction without decent nondoc artillery. The UKF especially suffers from this.

Add in some LeFH's on counter fire and it's quite the pain in the arse.
7 Nov 2018, 21:21 PM

They should at least lock mg bunkers until usf tiers up, or ostheer tier 2 is built for axis.
7 Nov 2018, 21:38 PM

Is it possible to (and hear me out here) make the MG a garrison bonus? Like it's a bunker cool. You can upgrade it to either med or command but if you garrison it then it can shot? Requiring some sort of pop unit makes MG bunker spam a non issue as they are still tying up resources, but also makes Bunkers more tactically appealing.
7 Nov 2018, 23:56 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak