Login

russian armor

How to counter MG abuse?

3 Nov 2018, 03:30 AM

I swear to god this game's biggest problem is MG abuse.
3 Nov 2018, 05:47 AM

Against Ostheer?
3 Nov 2018, 07:36 AM

Post the replay.
3 Nov 2018, 09:09 AM

Makin a thread like this without mentioning what faction u play as should be made a 1-day time bannable offense
3 Nov 2018, 10:35 AM

Makin a thread like this without mentioning what faction u play as should be made a 1-day time bannable offense

The only faction that can spam that many MGs is Wehrmacht. You will rarely see USF, UKF, USSR and OKW spamming MGs. And this happens at rank 3000
3 Nov 2018, 18:22 PM

Do you really have to ask? Which is the only faction that gets better units cheaper and sooner than its opponents? There is only one.
3 Nov 2018, 19:57 PM

If he's spamming MGs, he has nothing to go forward with.
What do you do now? Spam motars.
If you can snatch one, it's terrible for him, because soviets have 6 men MG42s then
3 Nov 2018, 20:30 PM

It may come out as a joke for some people but the zis gun is actually a direct counter to hmg, if you have one ZiS shotting arty salvos at a hmg chances are he is going to move, be sure to shoot as close as possible to assure you get a wipe.

If you went Tier 1, then snipers should do.

3 Nov 2018, 21:26 PM
Donator 11

To be honest the only faction that incorporates more than 2 mgs into their builds in any reasonable level of play is usf. But I would be very shocked to see codguy asking for a nerf to allied forces ;)
3 Nov 2018, 21:46 PM

To be honest the only faction that incorporates more than 2 mgs into their builds in any reasonable level of play is usf. But I would be very shocked to see codguy asking for a nerf to allied forces ;)

Wait what is this magical .50 cal spam? I'm intrigued.
3 Nov 2018, 22:15 PM

Here is the thing.
USF .50 cal serves its purpose, it's just as good, and just as effective.
Even though it's strong, it's main purpose is an offensive support unit, just what the maxim should ahve been btw.
I have yet to see a .50 cal spam.

MG42 is good at absolutely everything, it's better than a maxim, can be used offensive just as defensive, and rips the shit out of units at vet 2.

YES MG42 IS OP, I say this as somebody who has spammed maxims and mg42 in the majority of my matches, my strategy was all about spamming mg > 222 > StugE, and I used to rank about 68 as ostheer before(and I still rank better with axis than I do with allies).

But the axis defense force will just come and bash you whenever you tell them that it's op, because you know? what's op are soviets... better nerf the maxim again even though its crazy bad.

So yeah, I kinda love it when they tell you soviets are cheesy, op or complain about maxim spam even though you can spam mg42...etc ostheer is just as much if not worse in terms of cheese.
OP you ask how to counter mg abuse?

Try hard.

Once you open with tier 1 and sniper, you will never do a game without snipers against ostheer, I promise you that, but learning how to micro a sniper takes time, you will lose countless games until you figure out how to apply pressure while preserving this unit, because once its dead, its gg.

If you chose to go tier 2, then remember that Zis guns is the absolute mg killer, if you have the luckiest of rng you can one shot wipe an mg42 squad.

As USF it's even easier mind you, if you can endure the game until you can mass lmg or scotts then hmg will become a burden more than a tool in their hands, because microing it will become a risk in every engagement.
Last you have lieutenant with smoke grenades than can help tons, regular grenades are also good (the best grenades in the game after guards nade I think), but it will cost a lot in your resources flow.
4 Nov 2018, 01:19 AM

+1
4 Nov 2018, 02:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2018, 22:15 PMCresc

Here is the thing.
USF .50 cal serves its purpose, it's just as good, and just as effective.
Even though it's strong, it's main purpose is an offensive support unit, just what the maxim should ahve been btw.
I have yet to see a .50 cal spam.

MG42 is good at absolutely everything, it's better than a maxim, can be used offensive just as defensive, and rips the shit out of units at vet 2.

YES MG42 IS OP, I say this as somebody who has spammed maxims and mg42 in the majority of my matches, my strategy was all about spamming mg > 222 > StugE, and I used to rank about 68 as ostheer before(and I still rank better with axis than I do with allies).

But the axis defense force will just come and bash you whenever you tell them that it's op, because you know? what's op are soviets... better nerf the maxim again even though its crazy bad.

So yeah, I kinda love it when they tell you soviets are cheesy, op or complain about maxim spam even though you can spam mg42...etc ostheer is just as much if not worse in terms of cheese.
OP you ask how to counter mg abuse?

Try hard.

Once you open with tier 1 and sniper, you will never do a game without snipers against ostheer, I promise you that, but learning how to micro a sniper takes time, you will lose countless games until you figure out how to apply pressure while preserving this unit, because once its dead, its gg.

If you chose to go tier 2, then remember that Zis guns is the absolute mg killer, if you have the luckiest of rng you can one shot wipe an mg42 squad.

As USF it's even easier mind you, if you can endure the game until you can mass lmg or scotts then hmg will become a burden more than a tool in their hands, because microing it will become a risk in every engagement.
Last you have lieutenant with smoke grenades than can help tons, regular grenades are also good (the best grenades in the game after guards nade I think), but it will cost a lot in your resources flow.

It sucks worse as USF. The .50 is a terrible MG, its so hilarious to hear people try to justify its tech and cost (and it's usually people with some kind of WWII German themed avatar or screen name).
4 Nov 2018, 12:36 PM

The .50 cal's such a good MG it got tuned down last patch. Pre-SBP the best USF player out there (Dave) used to build two first chance he got.

The problem is USF as a whole: it's just not as good as the resurgent SOV faction. It's fun to play, but it hasn't got anything any more that makes up for its lesser versatility when compared to SOV.
4 Nov 2018, 14:55 PM

MG spam is valid strat and can be useful against narrow minded oppenent. I dont mind seeing my Wehrmacht opponent spam MGs.

Now, with MG spam, this means his army is not mobile, so go somwhere else and flank, even if you need to take your whole army on a field trip near the edge of the map to do that. Once you flank him, you ll get your chance to recover and you ll still be able to get a light vehicle before they get tanks.

If you dont know how to counter it, its you who are lacking an important coh2 skill, its not the spamming player mistake to abuse your lack.
4 Nov 2018, 17:38 PM

mg spam op...mortar do have smoke and you really don't have to be running willy nilly everywhere and blob your units for 1 mg42 burst to pin more than 1 unit...anyway mg42 spam isn't anywhere close to good compared to what old maxim spam shit was.
5 Nov 2018, 02:04 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Someone wants me to show him the glory of Maximspam i guess, where a maxim, covers a maxim, covered by a maxim, that is covered by another maxim. :_D
5 Nov 2018, 04:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2018, 02:44 AMCODGUY

It sucks worse as USF. The .50 is a terrible MG, its so hilarious to hear people try to justify its tech and cost (and it's usually people with some kind of WWII German themed avatar or screen name).

Yes, high damage, good suppression, lightning fast setup and tear-down time indeed make the 50 cal a terrible hmg. That's why I always rush LT when I play USF - so that I can build the m20 and not the 50 cal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★