Login

russian armor

Why do CP's still block vehicle pathing in 2018!?

31 Oct 2018, 20:34 PM
Patrion 27

I've been told by modders that Relic has specifically said no to changing VP's and CP's blocking vehicle pathing even though it is compounded with shift-quue order bugs for vehicles. My only guess is someone thinks it's cool to be able to build assymetric sandbag walls.

Here's a clip of how ridiculously easy it is to implement.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldyEnticingDragonfruitItsBoshyTime
31 Oct 2018, 21:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

VPs should stay as is.

Strat point are open to debate and it has my vote. I mean, i would like to see the reasons to the current status quo. I just hope it's not immersion breaking cause we had for several years tank phasing through each other.
31 Oct 2018, 21:39 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I've been told by modders that Relic has specifically said no to changing VP's and CP's blocking vehicle pathing even though it is compounded with shift-quue order bugs for vehicles. My only guess is someone thinks it's cool to be able to build assymetric sandbag walls.

Here's a clip of how ridiculously easy it is to implement.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldyEnticingDragonfruitItsBoshyTime

It's not THAT easy. But its pretty much this. The only thing that this fix would bug would be AI.
But a modder could easily fix that. The other thing is you wouldnt be able to click on the entity any longer to move a unit towards to cap (not that you have to as you can stand in the capping circle), but yes. It has been done in just about every mod that I can think of for the last 3 years at least.
31 Oct 2018, 21:41 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

VPs should stay as is.

Strat point are open to debate and it has my vote. I mean, i would like to see the reasons to the current status quo. I just hope it's not immersion breaking cause we had for several years tank phasing through each other.

You could make it so that you could "reinforce" a VP after capturing it, like fuel/muni caches but just for green cover around it?

Dunno, but the fact that a vp takes up a 4x4m grid is insane. That is over 60% the size of a KT, and that is if it is meticulously placed on the map, if not it can take up to a 5x5
31 Oct 2018, 22:02 PM

edit: nvm, I misunderstood. The point will still be there, and so I'm guessing can be clicked.
31 Oct 2018, 22:18 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

edit: nvm, I misunderstood. The point will still be there, and so I'm guessing can be clicked.

Correct, a modder can most likely make it still selectable with a SCAR file, but still have it not block pathing. Or it could have its size lowered to take up a 1x1m grid so it doesn't block pathways as much.

There are two seperate territory's for coh2. Captureable and non-capturable. Capturable can be capped as long as a unit stands inside its radius/ontop of that territory that is painted for it. Regardless of where the actual strat point is. Non-capturable directly correlates to the area that you can traverse but won't count towards cap time for the given strat point.

So there are a few workarounds to it right now without a scar file, modding, ect; We can play the points off map where they wont block pathing and still have the game function the same way (this will mess up the minimaps however, by showing the points in the minimap, so we would need to paint in the points manually on the minimaps, but they wouldn't be selectable)

Or by making them visual instead of an entity. However this still has the issue of not being selectable from the minimap or on the game screen. This also completely breaks AI.

1 Nov 2018, 01:39 AM

The better question is why do trees block pathing?
1 Nov 2018, 01:58 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The better question is why do trees block pathing?

The even better question is why does 90% of the "large trees" share the same models as the "small trees" but block pathing for a KTand also block line of sight?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 29
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 65
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %