Login

russian armor

B4 , what's the point.

1 Nov 2018, 16:00 PM

IMO you shoulnt be able to build more than 1, and buff B4 significantly, to make it useful for all skill players and give it some prupose rather than a "meh" arty
1 Nov 2018, 18:58 PM

2 -3 B4 is a crazy strategy. The arty alone sucks up most of the pop cap.
1 Nov 2018, 20:42 PM

u never played with any arty unit, right? NOT one shooting only IN THE CIRCLE.

they all shot far around and in the the circle.

Would you be so kind as to list all the arty that fires only 1 shot.
1 Nov 2018, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2018, 09:53 AMKatitof

Yeah... if only sturmtiger existed.

B-4 can't even hit the sector its aimed at and you still dare to claim what you did.
Have some shame.

@OP
Don't bother with B4.

Its a meme arty that was overnerfed so much, it lost its vet1 ability that allowed it to be viable, had its native ability be changed into vet1 nerfing it even further, its scatter is utter bs and unless you want to put a mental effect on your opponent(making him laugh each time you shoot and terribly miss, regardless of distance), its a massive waste of resources.

Remember when mods wanted to put it in tank hunters doctrine instead of ML-20 and the idea met instant backlash from players who realize its a map decoration unit only?

Tell that To baoling and Vonivan who have built a whole strat around the B4.

You're sometimes very uninformed about this game.
1 Nov 2018, 21:57 PM

Tell that To baoling and Vonivan who have built a whole strat around the B4.

You're sometimes very uninformed about this game.

Yes.
He did.
And his win rate with it is lowest it has ever been.

All it takes to hardcounter it is non passive opponents, which he isn't going to be fighting at his level of skill.

Lenny once made his strat around building 10+ cons when they were bad, he did won couple of games, but it was still bad.

Von likes fun, he does off meta stuff to have some fun, for same reasons I play with KV tanks and dank hunters. However just because you can win with off meta underpowered units against lower rank opponents does not mean the unit is fine.
2 Nov 2018, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lenny once made his strat around building 10+ cons when they were bad, he did won couple of games, but it was still bad.

I remember playing against walls of sandbags.

B4 is the epitome of cheese and bad design. Awful to use and play against, because it's annoying when it keeps missing and it's annoying when they somehow land a hit on a full 640 HP tank and kill it.

As long as it fires a single 640dmg shot, it can never be viable nor competitive. Because if it does, it means it's completely OP.
2 Nov 2018, 02:29 AM

I remember playing against walls of sandbags.

B4 is the epitome of cheese and bad design. Awful to use and play against, because it's annoying when it keeps missing and it's annoying when they somehow land a hit on a full 640 HP tank and kill it.

As long as it fires a single 640dmg shot, it can never be viable nor competitive. Because if it does, it means it's completely OP.

Absolutely on point. All or nothing is an awful way to deal with any unit/ ability. Many of the "high impact" units of the Soviet have suffered from this. Going from grossly overpowered to hot garbage. The b4 is on that list but missed out thus far on chances to be redeemed
2 Nov 2018, 23:04 PM

Yes.
He did.
And his win rate with it is lowest it has ever been.

All it takes to hardcounter it is non passive opponents, which he isn't going to be fighting at his level of skill.

Von likes fun, he does off meta stuff to have some fun, for same reasons I play with KV tanks and dank hunters. However just because you can win with off meta underpowered units against lower rank opponents does not mean the unit is fine.

Fair enough, good points. I take back what I said.

Still, I feel your original points didn't take into account the potential power of the B4.
2 Nov 2018, 23:39 PM

Fair enough, good points. I take back what I said.

Still, I feel your original points didn't take into account the potential power of the B4.

That's because there is only one shot, you need to be extremely lucky to experience that power.

B4 might have a chance to land and wipe your squad?
Well, guess what, ML-20 has 8 chances.

It can OHK a tank?
Great, not SU-85 will have lower vet for longer time, while the vehicle was zoned already by said SU-85.

I love concept and looks of B4, I hate its performance and lack of any kind of reliability, even at short range.
3 Nov 2018, 23:26 PM

Either make it shoot three weaker shots or turn it into a dedicated AT position like the 17pdr etc.
4 Nov 2018, 05:21 AM

It doesn't need to be a 3 shot volley I don't think, but they do need to make the 1 shot more impactful and also tone it down to be less of an RNG game winmer/loser. That kind of unit has no place.

Suggested change:
300 damage per shot
Smaller lethal AOE larger damaging aoe
Supression on infantry
Tighter scatter by a fair amount.

It would take 3 howitzers to insta gib a tank meaning you are unlikely to see that investment without it being exploitable, yet it would certainly contribute in a slug out. Against infantry it would be as lethal as say an ml20, but with more damaging area.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★