Login

russian armor

Why is the M20 so trashy?

30 Oct 2018, 21:21 PM

The .50 cals also deal significant suppression, while moving. In fact these deal more suppression than an MG 42 if I'm interpreting the tables correctly. It suppresses squads in 1-2 seconds and deals large AOE suppression too. All while moving around.

Just tested it in CheatMod. Turns out they do. Interesting.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2018, 20:55 PMGrumpy

...only in P4 and below, Panthers, KT's, and other heavies just have their movement slowed.

Tested this one too. The M6 mine immobilised the Brummbar, Panther and both Tigers.

They take a little time to slow to a halt though.
30 Oct 2018, 22:59 PM

an overpriced mine-layer

This. But when you see all that destroyed engines you accept the price ;)
31 Oct 2018, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2018, 21:21 PMLago

Just tested it in CheatMod. Turns out they do. Interesting.

Tested this one too. The M6 mine immobilised the Brummbar, Panther and both Tigers.

They take a little time to slow to a halt though.

I just tested this. You're right, it did immobilize the heavy tanks. Was this changed at some point? I tested it several years ago and thought I remember it only slowing the heavy tanks.
31 Oct 2018, 06:43 AM

I think we can delete bazooka and give it AP rounds ability 50cal has(and free skirts in exchange). I heard that bazooka crew can't receive armored company tommy guns.
31 Oct 2018, 07:13 AM

I think we can delete bazooka and give it AP rounds ability 50cal has(and free skirts in exchange). I heard that bazooka crew can't receive armored company tommy guns.

Wouldn't be opposed to that at all. Only thing I'm Thinking is that it might be a bit much having an m20 able to pop out a couple of Thompsons. It's decently quick and has smoke so it could be a bit cheesy. Zook thing might be a balancing feature. Shame to lose out on the increased vet tho...
31 Oct 2018, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2018, 06:10 AMGrumpy
I just tested this. You're right, it did immobilize the heavy tanks. Was this changed at some point? I tested it several years ago and thought I remember it only slowing the heavy tanks.

It might have always been that way, you remembered it wrong and nothing ever happened in game to change your mind. I sure do it enough.

CoH 2 isn't amazing at conveying this sort of information to the player.
31 Oct 2018, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2018, 12:19 PMLago

It might have always been that way, you remembered it wrong and nothing ever happened in game to change your mind. I sure do it enough.

I noticed that the affected vehicle doesn't stop immediately so I might have just saw that and thought it wasn't disabled.

I don't usually get a M20 so I don't have a lot of recent experience with it. It is a munitions and manpower intensive unit on a faction that always struggles for both of those. The M20 isn't terrible by itself but doesn't really add anything to USF, considering that USF already has a lot of fragile, micro-intensive units. If you don't upgrade to armored skirts then it often dies when fausted if your opponent can follow up at all. The skirts should come with it and the cost should be in the 220-240 range. It loses badly to pumas and 222's so its window as a shock unit is already pretty small, especially if you upgrade skirts. A sight upgrade would make it much better, as would just 20 more HP so that it doesn't get wiped by double cloaked raketen's.
2 Nov 2018, 23:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2018, 12:19 PMLago

It's pretty terrible at it I'd say. Especially given how much knowing some of the finer details helps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★