Login

russian armor

Why are 2v2 maps playable in 1v1?

24 Oct 2018, 10:12 AM

Or rather why do they force it in the map pools?
Have you had any fun playing in these maps? A quick look at it and from player's feedback none of the 2v2 maps (let it be semoskiy, karkov, minsk, westwall...) are balanced or fun to play in.

Why did they even bother leaving semoskiy winter in the pool? NOBODY LIKES THIS MAP RELIC IT HAS BEEN YEARS PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT SEMOSKIY!

What's so hard to understand here? Stop shoving 2v2 map in our as*** I think it's fair to say nobody has fun playing them.

I'm sick of playing minsk or karkov, all the vetos I have are used in these shitty maps and I have none left to veto these two.

All the imbalance in maps come from maps like crossing in the woods, where everybody tells you about axis dominance over USF for instance.

I'm surprised nobody ever speaks of 2v2 maps being in 1v1, not like there is anything wrong, but why are they in the ranked pool to begin with? I wonder why for real, after the incessant whining from players being mad at trash like semoskiy...

On top of that, the starting point is not fixed, so if for instance you are in the 1P starting point in north karkov, you actually lose 3 SECONDS to rush your first infantry at the cut-off.
24 Oct 2018, 10:28 AM

I assume you mean Crossing In The Woods, not Westwall.

Crossing In The Woods, Road To Kharkov, Semoskiy Winter and Minsk Pocket are the crossover maps. Westwall is a 1v1 only map.

Frankly, I'm fine with Crossing, Road To Cutoff and Minsk. Minsk feels a bit big and Road To Cutoff is quite linear for a 1v1 map, but you just have to adapt your strategy a bit.

It's the Garrison Hell maps (Angoville, Lost Glider, Arnhem Checkpoint, Semoskiy Winter) that are permanent residents of my veto list, and that's because I personally detest garrison heavy maps. Some people like them, and use their vetoes elsewhere.
24 Oct 2018, 17:29 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2018, 10:12 AMCresc
Have you had any fun playing in these maps? A quick look at it and from player's feedback none of the 2v2 maps (let it be semoskiy, karkov, minsk, westwall...) are balanced or fun to play in.

Why did they even bother leaving semoskiy winter in the pool? NOBODY LIKES THIS MAP RELIC IT HAS BEEN YEARS PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT SEMOSKIY!

What's so hard to understand here? Stop shoving 2v2 map in our as*** I think it's fair to say nobody has fun playing them.

I'm sick of playing minsk or karkov, all the vetos I have are used in these shitty maps and I have none left to veto these two.

All the imbalance in maps come from maps like crossing in the woods, where everybody tells you about axis dominance over USF for instance.

I'm surprised nobody ever speaks of 2v2 maps being in 1v1, not like there is anything wrong, but why are they in the ranked pool to begin with? I wonder why for real, after the incessant whining from players being mad at trash like semoskiy...

On top of that, the starting point is not fixed, so if for instance you are in the 1P starting point in north karkov, you actually lose 3 SECONDS to rush your first infantry at the cut-off.

Hey,

Road to kharov, Semosiky and Crossing in the woods have fix position in 1vs1! I made 2 version of it. A 1vs1(2 spawns) and a 2vs2(4 spawns) version
This got patched in decemberpatch last year!

Also just wait 1-2 weeks more and you will be happy B-)
24 Oct 2018, 17:41 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2018, 10:12 AMCresc

Westwall, such 2v2 map, so wow ! Kappa

If you have followed recent developments in maps, making maps is not as easy as it is supposed to be.

A lot of maps get removed just because people don't like them, not because they are bad.

But imo, Semoisky Winter should be removed from 1v1, i think it is way too big for a 1v1, i agree with that.

Still, you should be glad about having more maps to play on instead of just .. 4 maps..
24 Oct 2018, 18:06 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

A better question is why is Road to Cutoff even in the 2v2 pool. You're expected to flank wide arc MG42s on that map? You got a better chance of finding Hitler in Argentina than flanking 2x/3x 42 on that map.
24 Oct 2018, 18:09 PM

@d0ggY I'm not following your point, I'm not saying here that map making is easy, or that it's a map making issue.
I'm not even talking about maps "being" bad.
Just trying to get some sense of the 2v2 maps in 1v1, they just seem so uneasy to play in 1v1, everytime it's a hassle.
Kharkov in 2v2 is somewhat playable even though there is a huge balance issue depending on who is in north.
But when you play it in 1v1, it's just a mg spam cheese, where 3 mg42 just block your way to the three VPs and gives ostheer (or whoever is spamming mg) a big momentum advantage.

I cannot stress how obnoxious it is when somebody pops three mgs or a bunker in this map, it's such hassle.

Whether or not a map is bad is another debate, I would just like to know if there is anybody who has fun playing 2v2 maps in 1v1.

@Sturmpanther it's weird, last time I played Kharkov (today) I could swear I started at the far right position being in south.

What's happening in 2 weeks?
24 Oct 2018, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

A better question is why is Road to Cutoff even in the 2v2 pool. You're expected to flank wide arc MG42s on that map? You got a better chance of finding Hitler in Argentina than flanking 2x/3x 42 on that map.

Yeah, I honestly think almost all of the mentioned crossover maps, maybe with the exception of semoisky, are much better in 1v1 scenario than in actual 2v2. They are simply too small and cramped for 4 players. It is too easy to overuse indirect fire on smaller maps when you can easily hit valuable targets without exposing and moving your mortars and artillery. That is much better suited for 1v1 where indirect is rather uncommon.

Crossing in the woods is a good example of that. It is one of the best 1v1 maps, but when you happen to play it in 2v2 it quickly changes into "camping in the woods".
24 Oct 2018, 18:21 PM

Crossing in the woods is the worst map in 1v1...
24 Oct 2018, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2018, 18:09 PMCresc

What's happening in 2 weeks?

Big map revamp patch coming
https://www.coh2.org/forum/125/maps-for-summerpatch-2018
24 Oct 2018, 18:40 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2018, 18:21 PMCresc
Crossing in the woods is the worst map in 1v1...

Maybe post the replay in which you lost on crossing in the woods so people can give some advise, as i think it might be less about the map and more about you as a player :D

About crossing, i do agree that north is harder then south, i don't agree that it is a worse 1v1 map then it is a 2v2 map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 95
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak