Login

russian armor

Axis artillery/Lefh overperforming

PAGES (7)down
2 Oct 2018, 07:44 AM

Permanently Banned
In about every team game thats a bit bigger (3v3 etc) someone from Axis goes defensive doc and spams Lefh in certain maps, or any really. The main problem to me with Lefh is it's accuracy compared to the counterparts like Soviet stationary. Soviet Artillery pieces are so damn inaccurate its hilarious especially on max range and b4 is a straight up meme, if you build a piece of artillery as soviets youre basically shooting yourself in the leg because u can bet someone will have a lefh and just counter it but you cant counter their Lefh due to how inaccurate Soviet artillery is and misses all shots, even if its 3 firing at one lefh at almost max range. I guess the accuracy is there so it doesnt wipe too much however I feel like at this point Lefh is wiping more and is more effective with its firerate/accuracy.

In team games sneaking a t-34 or the sort isn't always an option either and it takes too many shots to kill one from a t-34 and its not really that cost effective if you lose it. Soviets barely have any recon at all and Katyusha is too inaccurate/risky to fire.
How are you supposed to deal with Lefh with soviets in teamgames at the moment?
2 Oct 2018, 07:54 AM

go any commander with an il2 bombing run and have an ally recon for you.
2 Oct 2018, 08:19 AM

3v3 and 4v4 is not that good for howitzers because in 90% of games someone is going to have a arty/plane drop which renders your howitzers useless because as soon as opponent has saved up the muni he is just going to destroy them. Howitzers need time to become effective and worth the investment.

Soviets have a doctrine called Soviet Combined Arms which has recon + IL2 bombs (so you can kill a howi in 2 clicks) + guards + howi + at gun camo. Check it out.
2 Oct 2018, 08:38 AM

...The main problem to me with Lefh is it's accuracy compared to the counterparts like Soviet stationary. Soviet Artillery pieces are so damn inaccurate its hilarious...

A simply case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
ML-20 and LeFH have the same scatter values.
ML-20 does more damage and has slightly better AOE.
2 Oct 2018, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 08:38 AMVipper

Soviet Stationary Artillery is not limited to ML-20, and as OP says there are others e.g. B4. Do you mind including the data for that too? You also omit the difference in shells shot per barrage for ML-20 and LeFH (LeFH barrages more, thus more chance to hit target). Veterancy is different too (e.g. LeFH Counter barrage is incredibly useful). The grass is greener because you paint it greener.

There was a time when ML-20 was the worst choice to build, and B4 was the go-to artillery. It was really powerful. I am sure veterans remember shooting down KTs with it.
2 Oct 2018, 09:19 AM

Actually misleading... the ml20 has the exact same accuracy as the lefh... nothing to see here move along..
2 Oct 2018, 09:22 AM

Artillery on team games is cancer. I would vote for a limit of 1 or much shorter range on howitzers.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 08:38 AMVipper

LeFH does fire 10 shells per barrage though as opposed to the ML-20's 8 shells (9 with vet1).
2 Oct 2018, 09:33 AM

Permanently Banned
3v3 and 4v4 is not that good for howitzers because in 90% of games someone is going to have a arty/plane drop which renders your howitzers useless because as soon as opponent has saved up the muni he is just going to destroy them. Howitzers need time to become effective and worth the investment.

Soviets have a doctrine called Soviet Combined Arms which has recon + IL2 bombs (so you can kill a howi in 2 clicks) + guards + howi + at gun camo. Check it out.

I am well aware such exists but thats that, locked behind one commander which isnt that great and if I have locked something else in then gg. And Meta is elsewhere.

2 Oct 2018, 09:34 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 09:19 AMgbem
Actually misleading... the ml20 has the exact same accuracy as the lefh... nothing to see here move along..

I was wondering if this is the case yet everygame I build a ml-20 or even 2-3 of them and try to hit 1 Lefh I can't destroy it but mine gets hit by his constantly. Confirmation bias? maybe, but this happens everygame.

And isn't lefh getting kinda buffed with the new commander revamps making it even more powerful
2 Oct 2018, 09:40 AM

I was wondering if this is the case yet everygame I build a ml-20 or even 2-3 of them and try to hit 1 Lefh I can't destroy it but mine gets hit by his constantly. Confirmation bias? maybe, but this happens everygame.

And isn't lefh getting kinda buffed with the new commander revamps making it even more powerful

No. Lefh shoots more rounds per barrage than ML20. The additonal damage and AOE that the ML20 gets is not as good as additonal rounds, which is why I prefer Lefh over ML20 any game. Both are heavily reliant on RNG though. Lefh gets counter barrage at vet 1 which is probably what counters your ML20s.
2 Oct 2018, 09:43 AM

No. Lefh shoots more rounds per barrage than ML20. The additonal damage and AOE that the ML20 gets is not as good as additonal rounds, which is why I prefer Lefh over ML20 any game. Both are heavily reliant on RNG though. Lefh gets counter barrage at vet 1 which is probably what counters your ML20s.

thats odd... i have consistently used ML-20s to crush OKW bases and gang up on LEFHs when using that doctrine with the IL-2 + plane + ML-20
2 Oct 2018, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 09:43 AMgbem

thats odd... i have consistently used ML-20s to crush OKW bases and gang up on LEFHs when using that doctrine with the IL-2 + plane + ML-20

What´s odd? The LeFH has counter barrage ability at vet 1 which makes it automatically shoot at your barraging ML20 when the ability is activated.

Of course you can also use ML20s to kill LeFH by barraging them.

Has nothing to do with IL2+recon plane.
2 Oct 2018, 10:09 AM

I am well aware such exists but thats that, locked behind one commander which isnt that great and if I have locked something else in then gg. And Meta is elsewhere.

There are commanders to counter artillery pieces in every single faction if your whole team doesn't use offmaps and you cannot provide recon you may have made bad or poorly coordinated commander choices, if you cannot push a 400 mp 50 fuel investment that only "fights" every 90s.
2 Oct 2018, 10:23 AM

LeFH does fire 10 shells per barrage though as opposed to the ML-20's 8 shells (9 with vet1).

That is quite irrelevant, I was responding to OP's claim that:

"The main problem to me with Lefh is it's accuracy compared to the counterparts like Soviet stationary"

"Soviet Artillery pieces are so damn inaccurate its hilarious especially on max range"

The units have about the same accuracy (ML-20 is a bit better due to bigger AOE)
2 Oct 2018, 10:54 AM

Your post just made it seem like the ML-20 is straight up better than the LeFH because of better damage and AOE. While in reality this is mostly compensated by the LeFH firing more shells per barrage.
2 Oct 2018, 11:06 AM

Your post just made it seem like the ML-20 is straight up better than the LeFH because of better damage and AOE. While in reality this is mostly compensated by the LeFH firing more shells per barrage.

Not if you read it combined with the quoted text and values provides. Then it comes apparent that I am responding to claim that Lefh is more accurate to ML20, when actually the two units have the same "accuracy" (scatter) and are equal in that department, while the Ml-20 is actually more "accurate" due to higher AOE.
2 Oct 2018, 12:08 PM

every 3v3 and 4v4 i jion there are alliys which spam their arty ogten...priests, 152er, and so one..you can do it to. And guess what? allies have better tcounters than axis have against ur arty.
2 Oct 2018, 12:10 PM

every 3v3 and 4v4 i jion there are alliys which spam their arty ogten...priests, 152er, and so one..you can do it to. And guess what? allies have better tcounters than axis have against ur arty.

axis arty is equally as strong... stuka zu fuss and pwerfer annihilate allied advances relatively easily...
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS