Login

russian armor

Looking at USF

2 Oct 2018, 15:29 PM

Considering nothing will be changed from a design perspective for USF.

Riflemen squad could have a better starting RA bonus at cost of a lower vet3 one's. So they would perform better vs early infantry without becoming terminators late game. Their raw DPS wouldn't be increased but they would last longer. At the same time I don't think such change would strongly impact the HMG suppression.

2 Oct 2018, 16:14 PM

I think the easiest thing to do would be reduce the cost and time of back teching by half, and not getting the officer for free.
2 Oct 2018, 17:05 PM

Let me offer a few possible solutions that could be tested independently of each other:

Introduce a +80 health to usf stock sherman at some level of vet.

Switch Assault engineers and REs. REs become 5 man callin with free sweepers. RE flamers convert to RE callin.

Remove RE suppressive fire and attach to m1919: ability unlocks on squad holding m1919. (May get wonky with stolen m1919s, etc. Could also be a passive on rifles/usf unit that's only enabled by m1919s.)

Reduce Lt and captain cost to 100mp. No squad called in. Reduce upgrade time by 1/3rd. Lt fuel cost could be reduced/moved to major or other units/upgrades.

Switch rifle vet 1 with smoke nade. Grenade upgrade unlocks pineapple nade and AT nade. Officers default vet 0 smoke, get at and pineapple with upgrade as rifles do.

Pack howie could become an air drop unit like ATGs. Mortar HT could replace it. The t0 mortar team could be reverted to its older performance and made LT tier, also made into an air drop unit like the 50 cal, or eliminated.
2 Oct 2018, 18:39 PM

Wait let me get this straight, you think bazookas are bad because they cut down on the AI damage output of riflemen?

Do you understand the phrase "having your cake and eating it too?

Also volks don't have better vet and don't do more far dps ( stg vs 1 bar ) than riflemen

No, Cutting down the AI damage of rifleman makes bazookas unusable, not bad, USF need as much AI as they can get to control axis infantry. I'm obviously not suggesting that bazookas become anti-infantry. I think they're bad because they never hit anything and if they do, they bounce off anything with armour made out of anything more than cardboard. It doesn't really matter in the end, because the jackson is pretty much good enough to replace that anyway imo.

And as the other guys said, they have very similar damage, price for price they do better, only with the second BAR can rifleman win... until you take vet into account and then they lose again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★