Login

russian armor

Do volks need some nerf? If so, how?

26 Sep 2018, 02:04 AM

The easiest way is to increase its cost(260/26 and 80mu for stgs for example)
Slightly nerf its performance to match cons(240mp) maybe another option.
Locking stgs for T3 or T4, though it may not work properly.
Or buff IS and Rifled as only UKF and USF have poor win rate in GCS
26 Sep 2018, 02:16 AM

Why are you asking for a volks nerf?
26 Sep 2018, 02:42 AM

Why are you asking for a volks nerf?

Because they(250mp) perform even against 280mp IS and Rifles.
With stgs they are the best inf in early game and slightly better than Rifles with single bar.
Having witnessed too many volks spam really make me tired when I play allies. It also make me bored when I use Volks when play Okw.
26 Sep 2018, 02:56 AM

Because they(250mp) perform even against 280mp IS and Rifles.

That sentence is either wrong, biased, or misunderstood.
Put the volks squad in the wrong hands or wrong place and they fall like flies...
Rifleman scales better to lategame and they synergise better with M10 lategame.
IS are strong and im sure you can only win them with tactics and ambush, i do it all the time. IS scales great also to lategame. Not to mention how c*ncerous their blobs are.
Volks are SUPPOSED to be somewhat competent, and also aggressive. Want to win them 1v1? Then buff OKM tanks even more (you cant win always ;p)

With stgs they are the best inf in early game and slightly better than Rifles with single bar.

As you said, EARLY GAME. Does that mean WIN THE GAME? I guess not.

Having witnessed too many volks spam really make me tired when I play allies. It also make me bored when I use Volks when play Okw.

Simple, get blob control... maxim, 50cal, vickers... its the sensible thing to do. Dont worry, spam infantry and you will lack of proper armor, or AT, or support... the game does not give infinite resources AFAIK.
26 Sep 2018, 02:59 AM

If you want to learn how to face volks early, then just ask it. Or explain yourself why you consider hard to face. To ask for a nerf only makes the game more pale in favour of your simple tactics and plain thinking.
Volks dont need a nerf, they could get some rework, but not a nerf
26 Sep 2018, 03:15 AM

If you want to learn how to face volks early, then just ask it. Or explain yourself why you consider hard to face. To ask for a nerf only makes the game more pale in favour of your simple tactics and plain thinking.
Volks dont need a nerf, they could get some rework, but not a nerf

In fact, u can't face it mathmatically. Its cost effiency just too high, or even ridiculous. With cost barely higher than cons, perform even against IS(4-men in early game) and Rifles(slightly underperformance but can build sandbags)
26 Sep 2018, 03:21 AM

That sentence is either wrong, biased, or misunderstood.
Put the volks squad in the wrong hands or wrong place and they fall like flies...
Rifleman scales better to lategame and they synergise better with M10 lategame.
IS are strong and im sure you can only win them with tactics and ambush, i do it all the time. IS scales great also to lategame. Not to mention how c*ncerous their blobs are.
Volks are SUPPOSED to be somewhat competent, and also aggressive. Want to win them 1v1? Then buff OKM tanks even more (you cant win always ;p)

As you said, EARLY GAME. Does that mean WIN THE GAME? I guess not.

Simple, get blob control... maxim, 50cal, vickers... its the sensible thing to do. Dont worry, spam infantry and you will lack of proper armor, or AT, or support... the game does not give infinite resources AFAIK.

Sorry for poor edit with phone.
Okw infs and team weapons is overall cheap now. spam inf would not get that much drawbacks.
Okw have very high win rate against USF and UKF, right?
.50cal is not very good as u would have no AT unless choose some commanders or late tank.
26 Sep 2018, 04:14 AM

You dont need to make two threads because you cant L2P
26 Sep 2018, 04:45 AM

The easiest way is to increase its cost(260/26 and 80mu for stgs for example)
Slightly nerf its performance to match cons(240mp) maybe another option.
Locking stgs for T3 or T4, though it may not work properly.
Or buff IS and Rifled as only UKF and USF have poor win rate in GCS

No, we won't nerf Volks, we will just give them x5 G36C assault rifles with short/long range sights and reduce their price to 200 mp. Just kidding :P

They are fine, and in open contact with Allied infantry they lose. I had games in which my vet 1-2 riflemen destroyed vet 5 volks. They are definitely great in cover, since Riflemen have to cover ground to reach them in CQB. But that's what M8 Greyhound is for. To remind Volks what's in the canister.
26 Sep 2018, 04:56 AM

Will this forum ever stop calling for unnecessary nerfs? Jesus Christ.
26 Sep 2018, 05:23 AM

Volks dont need a change, they are good early to mid but fall off compared to vetted allied infantry

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 04:56 AMKothre

Thats not how it be on the coh2 forum
26 Sep 2018, 05:33 AM

Volks do need a rebalance on their vet. At vet 3 they are at peak performance, and it is not hard to vet it.

also, volks get too much free shit. Sandbags, Flame nade, infiltration, bunkers, s-mines, faust + weapon upgrade that is straight up better in all situations.

volks on their own are pretty shit, but they get all kinds of support, meanwhile rifles have to do everything by themselves, and are MUCH more expensive.

Edit: forgot to say that they get so much great synergy with commanders abilities like for the fatherland and valiant assault. No other factions have this.
26 Sep 2018, 07:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 04:56 AMKothre

no
26 Sep 2018, 07:32 AM

They are cheap durable long range infantry with a low cost high impact (no brainer) upgrade.
They have quite a bit of utility as well. Snaring sandbags anti garrison salvage selfheal with vet.

I do not want to nerf their preformance but their cost needs to be inline with their preformance. They should be 260/270mp to train. The stg,s need to be made more expensive or more expensive to get to. That or need a trade off.
26 Sep 2018, 07:33 AM

No, we won't nerf Volks, we will just give them x5 G36C assault rifles with short/long range sights and reduce their price to 200 mp. Just kidding :P

They are fine, and in open contact with Allied infantry they lose. I had games in which my vet 1-2 riflemen destroyed vet 5 volks. They are definitely great in cover, since Riflemen have to cover ground to reach them in CQB. But that's what M8 Greyhound is for. To remind Volks what's in the canister.

vet1 rifles is the same as vet0 except for AT grenade. M8 coming at 5cp and it wold be risky to fire canister on Volks because they have panzerfaust
26 Sep 2018, 08:21 AM

Having witnessed too many volks spam really make me tired when I play allies

I honestly have no idea why 'Volks spam' is considered a thing, given that it's literally the only thing OKW can produce early on. Or do you expect OKW to fight with multiple Kubels and Rakettens?

Now blobs is another story, but that's a game wide problem and arguably Volks aren't even the best at it as Riflemen or Penal blobs are usually more powerful and even more difficult for OKW to deal with because they have the worst HMG in the game.
26 Sep 2018, 09:41 AM

Considering what a trashy rifle g36 HK is, it would probably be balanced or even up
26 Sep 2018, 09:50 AM

vet1 rifles is the same as vet0 except for AT grenade. M8 coming at 5cp and it wold be risky to fire canister on Volks because they have panzerfaust

You aren't supposed to send M8 alone, but accompanied by Riflemen and Echelons, and a M20 if you want.

Considering what a trashy rifle g36 HK is, it would probably be balanced or even up

People also claim that HK G3 is trash, but people who have served have a different opinion
26 Sep 2018, 10:34 AM

You aren't supposed to send M8 alone, but accompanied by Riflemen and Echelons, and a M20 if you want.

People also claim that HK G3 is trash, but people who have served have a different opinion

HK G3 is good, almost everything HK does is actually good (mp7, g3, hk416..)

But g36 is undeniably trash.
26 Sep 2018, 10:39 AM

I honestly have no idea why 'Volks spam' is considered a thing, given that it's literally the only thing OKW can produce early on. Or do you expect OKW to fight with multiple Kubels and Rakettens?

Now blobs is another story, but that's a game wide problem and arguably Volks aren't even the best at it as Riflemen or Penal blobs are usually more powerful and even more difficult for OKW to deal with because they have the worst HMG in the game.

the maxim would like to have a word with you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS