Login

russian armor

Few minor bugs in livestreams page

8 Dec 2012, 22:21 PM
Coder Red Badge

1) For some odd reason going straight to the http://www.coh2.org/livestreams/list will not show javascript graphs. However, if i click on the list view tab, they will become visible.

It's probably because of

Code
$('.sparkline span').sparkline();

will not be runned

Code
$(document).ready(function() {});

event.

http://www.coh2.org/livestreams/mixed works though

Some kind of racing condition?

2) Fade effect on switching between live stream views (Mixed and Grid) makes weird flickering in the tab content. It is probably because previous contents fadeOut is ongoing while new content with fadeIn runs into it.

Both on bugs on Google Chrome 23.0.1271.95 m
10 Dec 2012, 16:08 PM
Admin Black Badge

Yep noticed it too, they just work properly in Firefox.

I had quick fix with double init the sparkline functions, but forget to look for the real reason. If you go in http://www.coh2.org/livestreams/list click through the tab menu and switch back to the list view they are working. Not sure yet why they aren't initialised on first behave in others browsers than Firefox.

this works
Code

but not this
Code

Fade effects are at the moments just the "normal" ones, I didn't spend any time on making it look better. Feel free to make them look good and post code here :)
11 Dec 2012, 19:29 PM
Coder Red Badge

I think i found the cause of the issue:
Code
<span values="461,332,465,639,168,465,0,573"><span>

Looks like we are opening 2 spans :)

Should be of course:
Code
<span values="461,332,465,639,168,465,0,573"></span>

And the reason why it is probably working in Firefox is that seems like Firefox is trying to fix unclosed html tags by closing them automagically.

True, Chrome tries to also fix this automagically, only thing is that it is closing both open tags instead of trying to match.

Go figure which automagic is better :)

Fade effect on switching between live stream views (Mixed and Grid) makes weird flickering in the tab content. It is probably because previous contents fadeOut is ongoing while new content with fadeIn runs into it.

That one is easy, i would suggest using hide() instead of fadeOut(). I believe it looks as good ;)
12 Dec 2012, 15:00 PM
Admin Black Badge

oh lol yea, thanks. saves me time for looking after it :thumbsup:. that would explain why firefox behaves not like that, because firefox is clever and good in things like autocorrecting wrong/missing close elements.

i think i used hide() on test purpose earlier, but changed to fadeOut because i liked it more. but i will check that out later.

12 Dec 2012, 16:30 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2012, 15:00 PMhicksi
i think i used hide() on test purpose earlier, but changed to fadeOut because i liked it more. but i will check that out later.

Sure, i guess that's one of those things that need to be tested out. It's just, i stopped using fadeOut() in similar situations because i figured that user needs to see content, not my fancy fade effect :)

One method would be to call a callback function on the fadeOut() complete. Callback function could be anonymous function which will just fadeIn() releavant content.

Code
$('.somethingSomething').fadeOut(function() {
$('.newTabContent').fadeIn();
});
13 Dec 2012, 16:57 PM
Coder Red Badge

For the tab issue, i made a fast, in my opinion, a bit hack-ish solution (the hack part is that 200ms delay - which is the time fadeOut('fast') lasts.

Replace this:
Code
$('#livestream_viewContainer div.toggleContent').fadeOut();
$('#livestream_viewContainer div.toggleContent:eq(' + index + ')').fadeIn();

with this:
Code
$('#livestream_viewContainer div.toggleContent').stop(true, true).fadeOut('fast');
$('#livestream_viewContainer div.toggleContent:eq(' + index + ')').stop().delay(200).fadeIn('fast');

This tab changing could be simplified imo, but i am not gonna judge here :)
13 Dec 2012, 18:58 PM
Admin Black Badge

Feel free to judge, as far as I'm not doing this on professional base and even if I would do, constructive criticism is the best you can get.

replaced :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment