Login

russian armor

Close the Pocket didn't work properly

13 Sep 2018, 11:49 AM

in my last 4v4 custom Annihilation match featuring the All units mod my Encirclement Commander Ability "Close the Pocket" when activated correctly would fire the light artillery at the frontline territories but didn't attack units in the territories that I cutoff which was the entire map. what am I missing here???????
13 Sep 2018, 13:10 PM

Maybe there was a Soviet forward HQ inside the Pocket? It does count as Headquarter territory even if the territory is captured and the HQ destroyed iirc, otherwise if it happens more often you could save the replay and rewatch it or upload it.
19 Sep 2018, 18:55 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Are you entirely sure that the points were cut-off? You can usually tell if the territory is flashing on the minimap. Having a forward HQ wouldnt matter, as it doesnt generate supply, only the main HQ does.
19 Sep 2018, 19:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2018, 18:55 PMLugie
Are you entirely sure that the points were cut-off? You can usually tell if the territory is flashing on the minimap. Having a forward HQ wouldnt matter, as it doesnt generate supply, only the main HQ does.

It actually does matter. The forward HQ counts as a supply. So anything cut off is not actually cut off. It does "collect" resources.
21 Sep 2018, 16:58 PM

I'm still surprised by the lethality of Close the Pocket, I'm not sure why axis still have crazy call in abilities left. The OKW one is really lethal too... meanwhile P47 got nerffed and the Brits Artillery Cover (which was OP as fuck).

The only saving grace is stopping Close the Pocket is easy, and doing it is difficult.
21 Sep 2018, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2018, 16:58 PMKharn
I'm still surprised by the lethality of Close the Pocket, I'm not sure why axis still have crazy call in abilities left. The OKW one is really lethal too... meanwhile P47 got nerffed and the Brits Artillery Cover (which was OP as fuck).

The only saving grace is stopping Close the Pocket is easy, and doing it is difficult.

Exactly. Arty cover could be activated anywhere and was instant.
5 Dec 2019, 20:16 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.
Securing a territory with a forward HQ provides that territory's income supply regardless if its connected to your HQ.
regarding the ability "close the Pocket" Is any territory connected to a fwd HQ count as being connected to Homme HQ?
thanks for al comments btw

5 Dec 2019, 22:52 PM

in my last 4v4 custom Annihilation match featuring the All units mod my Encirclement Commander Ability "Close the Pocket" when activated correctly would fire the light artillery at the frontline territories but didn't attack units in the territories that I cutoff which was the entire map. what am I missing here???????

Don't you also have to have vision on the units?
5 Dec 2019, 23:47 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2019, 22:52 PMGrumpy

Don't believe so. Unless it was changed in the last few years.
6 Dec 2019, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2019, 22:52 PMGrumpy

Don't believe so. Unless it was changed in the last few years.

Close The Pocket gives vision around capture points of all types; I think it's about 25-30 vision range. That said, It'll only drop arty on units that are visible in the cut-off sector(s), so if you have vision from other sources on units far away from capture points, they'll be hit too.
6 Dec 2019, 02:15 AM

Close The Pocket gives vision around capture points of all types; I think it's about 25-30 vision range. That said, It'll only drop arty on units that are visible in the cut-off sector(s), so if you have vision from other sources on units far away from capture points, they'll be hit too.

In some of the 4v4 maps, the sectors are large enough that the vision of the capture points doesn't get to all units. I'm guessing that was what happened in his case. He could always try it on Poltawa, which is a great map for this as the entire map can be cut from one point and the control points are close to each other.
6 Dec 2019, 03:28 AM

the enemy is safe from "close the pocket" heavy artillery strikes when in a VP sector. is this correct?

6 Dec 2019, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2018, 16:58 PMKharn

Even still, that doesn't stop it from being a bad idea. The Commander is designed around setting up an ability that does most of the work for you

As someone who thinks even the loiters should all be gone, close the pocket is an abomination

the enemy is safe from "close the pocket" heavy artillery strikes when in a VP sector. is this correct?

I believe that is correct. Because VPs can't get "disconnected"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS